Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7450 results found

1. SVG Export

AI 22.1. 64-bit Windows 10
    The SVG export is much better in this new version of AI. However, on some art boards it is still missing some components. However, if I select the art board, then choose Save As SVG, it displays the components, but it is a much larger file. I will upload this AI file, which has 12 art boards. It is Art Board #11 that is not exporting properly when I press Ctrl+Alt+E. This image has 6 green bars, but 3 of those bars are not showing up in the image. Everything else seems to be correct.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Fonts - scrolling through list

What did you do to the font list??????

I don't even know how to describe the issue. I just know it's wrong. And messed up. And needs to be fixed!

Let me see if I can describe my complaint:

1) In the CHARACTER pallet: if you highlight the font name and begin typing another font name, I used to be able to put the first few characters (or even just the first letter), then click on the down arrow and it would bring me to that place in my list of fonts.

For example, I could type “HEL” and it…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Illustrator Saving Error with 2 art boards

We were building a Billoard with extension. Art saved fine with only one artboard. We created a second artboard for the extension, then saved the file , Illustrator error states: the Dimensions of this page are out of range. Total size of both art boards 16.4611 in High x 49.9167 w. Got to have this fixed new Illustrator was updated yesterday.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Snap to Grid functionality reversed

Running AI 22.1 on OSX 10.12.6

When drawing or moving objects, they behave as if 'Snap to Grid' is checked. It isn't. If I check 'Snap to Grid', the snapping behaviour stops.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shortcut cmd + ; = Hide Guides

cmd + ; = Hide Guides

Instead of hiding guides, I get Preference window with Units. Is it because of the Danish keyboard? (I don't know how it works) How do I fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Graphic bug

When I copy and paste a vector, or increase / decrease the screen, or do image trace it happens

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. font favorite

Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1

I updated my Illustrator App, and of course, I had to migrate all my templates over to the new CC2018 folder. Why do you make us do this EVERY update?

Additionally, ALL of my Favorited fonts were lost. Ive spent so much time sifting through my fonts to favorite fonts in each class. Now, after the cc2018 update, all of my favorite font filters are gone. Why would you reset our font filters on this update? It seems you guys come out with more bugs than features in all of the Adobe CC software I use,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pasting symbols now creates unique symbols instead of instances of the original symbol

Copy-pasting a symbol —whether individually or by using the paste to all artboards command — now creates a new symbol instead of creating instances of the original symbol. Alt-dragging the symbol to a new artboard creates a new instance of the original symbol as expected.

This seems to be a new bug, as I can't recall ever having this issue before. Thanks for checking into it!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Version of Illustrator .

3.Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us .
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator team

11. My Huion 1610 pro tablet has small bugs in illustrator.

This doesnt happen in other applications adobe or otherwise. The pen is very jittery in illustrator and its near impossible to get a straight line at times. Also, the mapped keyboard shortcuts dont work correctly. As far as I can tell this is an illustrator issue (I could be wrong) as they seem to port over nicely all other applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Workspaces not working at all

Today (Mar 19th, 2018) I updated Illustrator and upon (re)launching, NONE of my pallets/Windows opened into the application. When I try to switch to built-in or custom Workspaces, nothing changes. The Workspace STAYS selected as my previously-selected Workspace and none show up. If I manually go look at the Windows in the menu, none are open and I can MANUALLY open them and move them around... "Manage Workspaces" and "New Workspace" are disabled (Gray) and no matter what I do, I cannot change or override. I have quit/relaunched numerous times - same results.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stroke circles are distransformed (Graphics Glitch)

Some sizes of stroke circles are drawn perfect, some has distractions in four "edges" - how to solve this?

Files atached.

When I extract them as fill strokes, they are going normal, but I need to work with strokes.

Very gratefull for help!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Text spacing

There is some kind of problem with the text spacing feature. It has been causing issues such as duplication of previous text, deleting text from another part of the page, causing all text to be spaced incorrectly and more.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Illustrator documents open up as skewed black and gray triangles

When I open a file in illustrator, all that shows up are black and gray skewed lines and triangles. I have uninstalled and re-installed illustrator but has not fixed the problem. The image cannot be seen whatsoever. Attached file shows what SHOULD be the silhouette of the state of Illinois. This is what I get instead:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bounding box suddenly disappears using Selection Tool

Suddenly disappears, but when a select scale then select the "Selection Tool" again the Bounding box reappears. When it is gone, togglingthe quick key, has no effect though t changes the menu state for turning it on and off. Also, when it can't be seen, a small icon for the bounding box is in the corner, occasionally.

Sound familiar to anyone else?

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

17. Smart Guides no longer work.

Smart Guides no longer work in Illustrator

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Text Formatting Bug

Adobe Illustrator 22.1 (64-bit)

Typing text within a single text box that requires different font styles formatting.

While editing the text within the text box, in the last version (Illustrator 21), I could change up the font style of a font family and continue typing.

But, in the updated version, if I change the font style (i.e. roman, bold, italic) I have to click back into the text box to continue typing. In addition, the change in formatting does not apply once clicked back into said text box. This requires me to type out whatever needs to be typed out…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Version info disappeared from “Get Info” of Finder

macOS 10.12.6
    CC 22.1

For ai files saved using v22.1, version info is not displayed in “Get Info” of Finder.
    When checking with xattr command, com.apple.ResourceFork did not exist in those file.
    Did the specifications change?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resource Fork in .ai files are removed in version 22.1. This is done to prevent an intermittent crash while saving Illustrator files to smb volume on macOS 10.13. Apple deprecated resource fork many years ago.

Following Apple document talks about deprecations that lead to removal of Resource From .ai files
    https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/releasenotes/General/CarbonCoreDeprecations/index.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012224-CH1-SW28

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/coreservices/carbon_core/file_manager?language=objc

20. Shape panel measurements vs. Transform panel measurements

The measurements (width and height) on the Shape panel are inverted compared to the measurements on the Transform panel. The transform panel shows the correct measurements, but no the Space panel. Please fix so that both panels have the same measurement.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base