"Save As" window - CMD+C, CMD+V, CMD+X, CMD+A don't work.
macOS Catalina V10.15.1
Illustrator 2020 v24.0
- Open app
- Open any ai file (or make a new one)
- CMD+Sift+S (or choose File/Save As...)
- After Save As window appears,
- try with a keyboard to copy (or select) filename.
- You can select with mouse filename (or part of the filename)
- Use CMD+C
- Try to paste to notepad what you "copy" You can paste only what was in the clipboard before steps 2
CMD+C, CMD+V, CMD+X, CMD+A don't work.
Shortcut keys not working in “New Folder” dialog within Save As dialog is tracked with this issue – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/39374122
Overall issue of shortcut keys not working in Save As dialog is fixed in Illustrator version 24.0.1
Jeffrey D Mertins commented
Mac updated again this AM and now my copy of a file name is not pasting over the name in the save dialog box.
1. This only started happening after updating to version 24.0.0.
2. I'm not sure a video would demonstrate this. How would it capture me typing Command-C in the save dialog box and Illustrator not responding to that command by copying the file name to the clipboard.
3. I have also found that it is not file specific as newly created files in v.24.0.0. are doing the same thing. It just will not copy the file name from the save dialog box ever with any file I open or create.
4. I've isolated this glitch to Illustrator. I'm able to copy the file name in the latest versions of Photoshop/InDesign with no issue.
I just want to be able copy/paste my file name so I don't have to re-write it. It used to work flawlessly.