Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Illustrator is Changing the Colors Defined in My Swatches?

I am trying to create a color swatch library that mages the Pantone color manage applications values... But I am noticing when I define a specific swatch and then reopen it the values are different then what I orginially entered.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Color CC "Adobe Servers not available" [Bug]

Unfortunately I can't open the expore-rider of adobe color cc when signed in.
    Everything works perfectly, when I'm visiting the webpage https://color.adobe.com as a guest. But when I sign in, which is required to perform any actions, the above mentioned error occures.
    The "Create" and the "My Themes" riders work still perfectly when signed in.
    I've tried it under Edge/Chrome and Firefox. Besides Firefox none of the browsers has Addons installed. I'm running a Windows 10 Machine.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

3. Color cracking after update..

1. version 22.0.1

2. (After update new version) when I move object or screen(use Hand tool), colors are cracking like attached files...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dropdown menu cut off

When trying to interact with the drop down menus those that are particularly long (and by that I mean it takes up the whole length of the screen) I can't access any features below the cut off. The most problematic instance of this phenomenon is in Windows drop-down because it cuts off at Pathfinder. The list goes in alphabetical order which means I can no longer access my swatch panel. I can't add it to me workspace. This is the same for all work panels after pathfinder; symbols, stroke, transparency, and so on.

I'm working with Adobe Illustrator CC 2017…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Borders_Dashed Treatment Changes Spot Color to Process

I draw a box, stroke it with a spot color, apply a "borders_dashed" treatment. The Spot color becomes process. Please fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Eye Dropper tool color is off

When you use the eye dropper tool on either images or vectors the shade is off and not exactly the same like it was https://www.screencast.com/t/bI7aJSdwB

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Color BUG with Black 100K

there is a problem with the color black, but only in this special workflow as follows:

open a new document in RGB > convert it or change the color mode to CMYK > define a new color with 0,0,0,100 > draw a form > reselect the form and check the color ... the 100K black has changed to a 4-channel black.

if you start right away with a new CMYK-document, everything is fine and you will always get you 0,0,0,100-black-color, but whenever you start with a RGB-document the whole black-color-thing is bugged forever! even if you save the "from rgb…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. STRUMENTO CONTAGOCCE E TESTI DI COLORE DIVERSO NELLO STESSO BOX

Ho un box di testo con alcuni caratteri rossi ed alcuni caratteri neri.
    Voglio copiare tutte le specifiche di testo (font, ecc.) da un altro blocco di testo con lo strumento contagocce senza modificare i colori del box di destinazione.
    Vedo che dallo strumento contagocce ci sarebbe la possibilità di escludere/includere il rilevamento del colore, ma quando si applica al box di destinazione tutto il testo contenuto diventa di un unico colore....
    PREGO RISOLVETE, GRAZIE !!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Colors used in Symbols

The problem is:
    If you "Select Unused Colors" and delete them, color swatches that are used inside of Symbols are deleted if they're not used elsewhere in the artwork outside of the Symbol. Behind the scenes, those colors are apparently assigned names numerically like “Deleted Global Color 5”. These names are revealed if you choose to Add Selected Colors to the Swatch palette, or Add Used Colors.

This is bad enough because an element’s official Pantone colors are lost when one tries to tidy up the swatch palette associated with a document. Visually nothing changes in the document, but when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Colors Being Displayed Differently than in Color Picker

I just decided to update to AI 2021, bad idea... I was working on a file and I realized that the color had changed from the original dark blue to a purple color. I do not know what happened, but I know it must have to do with the update because it happened right after this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. color

i have been dealing with a color issue in Illustrator 25.2.1

all the colors changed to a weird colors and it became very slow even if the artwork size was small.
    i have attached 2 photos in cmyk and RGB i was trying to make the same color from the original artwork in both RGB and CMYK it's not the same.
    any one know why

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Color Theme Window Cropped

Hello, for whatever reason my color theme window is being cropped, I am able to scale vertical but not horizontal. I tried going back a version, changing user interface and nothing will correct it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Live Trace in color using specific colors from Swatch panel doesn't work anymore.

MacOS Catalina
    Illustrator 2020 + 2021

Live Trace in color using specific colors from the Swatch panel doesn't work anymore since 2020. In 2019, it was working fine.

You can see in this video (in French) that it used to work in 2019: youtu.be/POITPx0My-w?t=1601

All the details here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/live-trace-gt-library-colors-not-working/td-p/11902450

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Live Paint bucket tool preview error

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 2021 (25.2.1 64-bit) on Windows 10 Home Edition.

2. After the Live Paint Bucket tool is selected, out of the 3 preview swatches above the pointer, the center one is always wrong / inverted. This bug is consistent when we press the left & right arrow keys on the keyboard to select a swatch. On the other hand, the Swatches panel would reflect the correct option when the Live Paint Bucket tool is in used.

3. When the Live Paint Bucket tool is selected, the center swatch in the 3 preview swatches should accurately reflect the color option, just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Swatch Options Color Mode bug

Illustrator CC2021 (v25.1)

In a RGB document, create a new Swatch Color:

Swatch Options: “Process Color”, “Global”, “Color Mode: HSB”

Define your color (using HSB sliders) and swatch name. Press OK.

Double click again on that color, and here comes the PROBLEM:

You can see the “Color Mode: HSB”

BUT

Your color sliders are for R,G,B not for H,S,B (!!!)

To edit your color as HSB you need to change “Color Mode: RGB” and again “Color Mode: HSB”

Imagine this issue editing dozens of colors…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy-pasting objects duplicates graphic styles

macOS Big Sur 11.2.1
    Illustrator 25.2

Under certain conditions, copy-pasting objects will duplicate the graphic style.
    (CMYK documents, styles with no fill)

To replicate the issue:
    Create a new CMYK document.
    Create an object.
    Starting with the Default style, assign the Fill to None, then create a new graphic style.
    Assign this style to the object.
    Save the document and close it (no need to close Illustrator).
    Open the document again.
    Copy the object then paste it with any pasting command. A duplicate of that style will appear in the Styles panel. Pasting on All Artboards will create as many…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eyedropper making everything white

When I select a shape and try to use the eyedropper tool to make it the same color as another shape it turns white. All of my layers are unlocked and visible so I am not sure what it going on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pattern Fills Disappear

When re-opening files, a lot of my pattern fills get dropped, and refill the object with a transparent/recolored pattern. I've had this issue for a while - across multiple computers within our company. (We are all using the same software and version on Illustrator.) I've attached a photo example below.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator automatically changing colors

When you place image (RGB) into Illustrator it would preserve the color profile. Now it changes it automatically and this seems to be a common problem if you search the internet. Fix it as it makes this program far less useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base