Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Swatch Options Set to HSB but Shows RGB

When I double-click a swatch colour that was made in HSB mode the Swatch Options window pops up with HSB selected as the mode but displays sliders for RGB. Switching the mode to something else and back to HSB fixes the issue.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blue is now purple

When selecting a vibrant blue with the color-picker it shows it correctly and when it is applied it looks purple. (the color's HEX is correct though)

This also happens when I drag&drop an image that has vibrant blue colors in it.

Any ideas why this is happening?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color discripancy between "View on CPU" and "View on GPU" on a Mac with M1 chip

I'm now running AI on a macbook pro with M1 chip.
    I noticed that when I switching "View on CPU" to "GPU", all colors became whiter and inaccurate (images inserted in AI became much whiter than the objects created and colored in AI).
    I've checked my older Macbook pro with intel CPU and AMD graphic card, the colors keep the same and accurate when I switch from CPU to GPU.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STRUMENTO CONTAGOCCE E TESTI DI COLORE DIVERSO NELLO STESSO BOX

Ho un box di testo con alcuni caratteri rossi ed alcuni caratteri neri.
    Voglio copiare tutte le specifiche di testo (font, ecc.) da un altro blocco di testo con lo strumento contagocce senza modificare i colori del box di destinazione.
    Vedo che dallo strumento contagocce ci sarebbe la possibilità di escludere/includere il rilevamento del colore, ma quando si applica al box di destinazione tutto il testo contenuto diventa di un unico colore....
    PREGO RISOLVETE, GRAZIE !!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. RGB colors appear differently in identical file setup

I have created color codes in one document and brought them into another (with the exact same RGB setup) and the color breakdowns change to look the same. This is a problem because if I am sharing the RGB breakdowns with others, some of the colors appear much duller. I have noticed that something changes when an image is brought in from an external source sometimes. This is becoming a big issue across our team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug of saving in the background of Illustrator 2020

If you save a document that uses a 2-byte spot color name in ai format, place this file in InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
    It will be replaced by "Global color". And even if you export the PDF, it will be reflected. Turning off saving in the background can work around this, but this is an issue that should be resolved as soon as possible.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

7. Swatch filtering

Hello,
    In previous versions of Illustrator, entering a Pantone number would highlight the swatch. Now in Illustrator 2021, it filters out every other swatch so I can't "browse" for adjacent colors.

I don't even know what setting to look for.

What's up with that?

Thank you,

Lynda

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Eye Dropper picks up the wrong values when sampling a filled clipping mask

I am using Mac OS 10.15.7 and am able to consistently reproduce this bug in both AI CC 2021 but as far back as AI CS5 running in Mac OS 10.6.8

When a fill is applied to a clipping mask, the eye dropper will pick up incorrect CMYK/RGB values. This is especially problematic when a pure black is replaced by a 4 color process build in the printing industry.

I would expect to eye drop the exact values applied to the object I've clicked on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. コピー、ペーストでスウォッチが変わる

同じ柄の色違いスウォッチが複数存在しているときに
    コピー(カット)、ペーストで元々使用していたスウォッチとは違う色に変更されます。
    また、それぞれ色違いのスウォッチを使用してたアートを
    別のデータにコピー(カット)、ペーストした際に全て同じスウォッチに変更されます。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告内容の詳細が不明なため、再現ができませんでした。
    お手数をおかけいたしますが、以下の内容を詳しく記載してください。

1. お使いのオペレーティングシステムおよび Adobe Illustrator (デスクトップ版) のバージョン
    2. 問題が発生したときの実行手順
    3. 実際の結果
    4. 期待される結果
    5. [必要に応じて] Illustrator ファイルまたはビデオをアップロードしてください。

よろしくお願いいたします。
    Illustrator チーム

10. color

i have been dealing with a color issue in Illustrator 25.2.1

all the colors changed to a weird colors and it became very slow even if the artwork size was small.
    i have attached 2 photos in cmyk and RGB i was trying to make the same color from the original artwork in both RGB and CMYK it's not the same.
    any one know why

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. document color mode

Document Color mode switching automatically to "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0" every time I switch windows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Colour values change on their own! Very frustrating

Colours keep slightly changing over time, even as I am designing live inside a file!

I will enter an exact CMYK or RGB value to match our brands colours, then these values will change slightly all on their own.

I've been monitoring this for about 2 months now hoping this issue would be resolved in an update... but it hasnt been!

This is a massive issue! Colours have to be stable!

We need to be able to trust the program with things that are vital for a brand, like their COLOURS!

The attached image shows -
    Top: is the original…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color BUG with Black 100K

there is a problem with the color black, but only in this special workflow as follows:

open a new document in RGB > convert it or change the color mode to CMYK > define a new color with 0,0,0,100 > draw a form > reselect the form and check the color ... the 100K black has changed to a 4-channel black.

if you start right away with a new CMYK-document, everything is fine and you will always get you 0,0,0,100-black-color, but whenever you start with a RGB-document the whole black-color-thing is bugged forever! even if you save the "from rgb…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. recolour artwork > color library > pantone ...

You can no longer recolour your artwork to find the nearest matching pantone colour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Live Paint bucket tool preview error

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 2021 (25.2.1 64-bit) on Windows 10 Home Edition.

2. After the Live Paint Bucket tool is selected, out of the 3 preview swatches above the pointer, the center one is always wrong / inverted. This bug is consistent when we press the left & right arrow keys on the keyboard to select a swatch. On the other hand, the Swatches panel would reflect the correct option when the Live Paint Bucket tool is in used.

3. When the Live Paint Bucket tool is selected, the center swatch in the 3 preview swatches should accurately reflect the color option, just…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eyedropper not selecting color outside Illustrator new bug v25.1

I have always been able to drag the eyedropper tool outside of the illustrator window to sample colors - until v25.1

Now, all colors sampled outside are black or greyscale. I am holding shift to override the Appearance setting in Eyedropper options. This is a new bug.

I'm on MacOS 10.15.7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Colors used in Symbols

The problem is:
    If you "Select Unused Colors" and delete them, color swatches that are used inside of Symbols are deleted if they're not used elsewhere in the artwork outside of the Symbol. Behind the scenes, those colors are apparently assigned names numerically like “Deleted Global Color 5”. These names are revealed if you choose to Add Selected Colors to the Swatch palette, or Add Used Colors.

This is bad enough because an element’s official Pantone colors are lost when one tries to tidy up the swatch palette associated with a document. Visually nothing changes in the document, but when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cambios automaticos en ajustes de color

El programa automaticamente se cambia al ajuste de color: "Emular Adobe Illustrator 6.0" aun cuando ya tenga otro ajuste de color, el software persiste en cambiarse de codigo de color en cualquier momento.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Live Painting Bucket (K)

In Adobe Illustrator 2021 the Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K) does not work.
    When in Live Painting Bucket (K) i apply the gradient, then i can not adjust it manually.
    I am using Adobe Illustrator 2021 on macOS Catalina

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Proof Setup" and "Proof Colors" Greyed Out

The "Proof Setup" and "Proof Colors" options in the View drop down menu have been greyed out and no matter how many times I restart my computer or the application, nothing changes. My version of Illustrator is fully up to date, v. 25.2.3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base