Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Performance is extremely slow when using show grids in outline preview

macOS Big Sur 11.4, Illustrator 25.3.1

When switching to outline mode when using show grids, it is almost impossible to keep on working as everything is in slow motion, as if the graphic card is unable to cope. This occurs with a 500 kb file that was trouble free before the last updates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator utterly slow after 25.3.1 update

Running on late 2013 mac Pro with 64GB RAM

As per title, even menus take a while before opening. Tried to uninstall and reinstall, no effect. If I go back one version it works as before, at usual speed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Selection Lag / Delay v.25.2.3 Windows 10

I have been experiencing delays with Illustrator for some time now. It will lag for a second or so when selecting objects / text. A popup will flash in the top left hand corner of the screen, but it is too brief to identify what the popup is. I have tried screen recording but it's too brief even for that. Last month I did a clean install to see if that solved the problem and it did - but it's gradually come back. Constantly having to restart the system to bring performance back to normal. I find that the AI…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. tour

FIX THE TOUR BUG IN ADOBE AI.
    You retards have had this problem for over 3 years and seems that you are too stupid to report this bug or are completely incompetent and unable to resolve this ANNOYING ISSUE.
    Now -instead of fixing this problem - some moron will delete this because I called you a moron.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. While creating simple vector files Illustrator lags

Since updating to 2020 and 2021, Illustrator is slow and laggy on creating simple vector files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Constant Illustrator crashing on M1 chip

Illustrator crashing every 20 minutes or so, freezing the entire system (M1 Mac mini, Big Sur). Sometimes the OS restarts on its own after 5 minutes, other times I have to restart it. It usually crashes when i'm moving objects around, select text or do some fast mouse clicking. Constantly saving but very frustrating as it has really delayed my workflow. Recovery mode works sometimes but it leaves all image links unlinked, and I have to spend ages relinking each time (I have always wondered why Illustrator doesn;t automatically link all images that are in the same folder, like InDesign…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Illustrator 2021 (25.1.0) slows, freezes, crashes every 1-3 hours.

I have tried to use Illustrator 25.1.0 on 3 different laptops, ALL instances resulted in the same problem. The application will perform normally for a while, then at some point, typically between 1-3 hours of constant use, the function you are asking for via mouse input will freeze. (examples: moving a text box or shape, highlighting text, etc.) Sometimes the freeze will be preceded by a slight slow down in responsiveness. Once there is a freeze, the menu pull downs are inoperable too, so you can't ask it to save. When it freezes, a recovery file may or may not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. scrubby zoom disabled after switching in trace view

1. Windows 10 pro v. 18363.1316 illustrator v 25.1
    2. switching from trace view to normal view : scrubby zoom not working. closing illustrator and re-open it: scrubby zoom works again in normal view

3.scrubby zoom should be working in normal view and also on trace view....
    4 scrubby zoom don't work in trace view and stops working when I get back to normal view. I need to close and re-open Illustator to get scrubby zoom to work again in normal view.

it's a small and simple file. no complicated illustration, only a flat design for a label.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. GPU Problem after upgrade to 25.1

After upgrading to 25.1 GPU previewing is erratic. After a while working on a document GPU previewing is not available (after restart Illustrator it is). Then also problems with text selection occur, text is not marked as selected and text cursor is not visible. Seems like a problem with out of video memory? Using a maxed out MacMini with 64GB RAM and a Blackmagic eGPU. MacOS is 11.1
    For now reverting Illustrator 25.0 removes all problems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. illustrator crashing my new macbook pro with m1 chip

I have the 25.01 version installed in my new macbook and it keeps freezing for several minutes every time Do something

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator Crashes on Apple Macbook Air M1

I have a Apple MacBook Air M1 and I'm having constant crashes when using Illustrator (and even InDesign). It freezes and I have too restart the computer. I don't have this problem with Photoshop. Is there any issue with this two softwares?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Document display goes white and then blue, artwork disappears.

A new document opens normal but as soon as anything is drawn on the artboard it disappears. Clicking around causes the document display to go completely blue, sometimes returning to white. Holding down the command key returns the display to normal but as soon as it's released it returns to white.

Running the cursor over the window highlights objects but they can't be selected and do not display.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. stuck on isolated mode

After isolating an image and deleting it, im stuck in this mode and can't select anything else, I can creat new things but everything else is frozen.
    I've tried closing and opening file, open and close illustrator, restart my computer and saving a copy of the file and opening again.
    I'm on a 2020 MacBook Pro with illustrator CC up to date.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lenteur Illustrator 2021 et incapacité d'ouvrir les fichiers

Bonjour, je travaille sur PC (Windows 10). Depuis la mise à jour (version 2021) , l'ouverture d'Illustrator est extrêmement lente. Ce matin, aucun fichier ne s'ouvre. J'ai redémarré mon pc à plusieurs reprises, désinstaller et réinstaller Illustrator. Rien n'y fait.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy/Paste No Longer Working

Upon opening Illustrator, copy/paste feature will work once, then will not work again. Have tried various troubleshooting methods and adjusting settings others have had with similar issues to no avail. This is costing me money. I'm under deadlines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mouse is not moving objects after the latest CC update!

After updating latest CC Illustrator update my mouse no longer can drag objects i can only use the arrow keys to do this. It was working fine yesterday. Work fine in any other programme such PS, Ms PPT.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Switching project tabs fails to update to selected project

In recent updates, including the June 2020 Illustrator update, tabs fail to switch projects, displaying only the current project for up to 15 seconds before slowly refreshing and switching to the selected open project tab. This happens several times a day and drastically effects productivity. (macOS Catalina 10.15.5, Macbook Pro 16 2019)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Illustrator crashes when using certain tools, when macbook goes to sleep, when left on too long, when selecting items (CMD+A)

Going mad trying to fix this bizzare problem on my new 2019 Macbook pro.

• Latest version of illustrator (24.1.2)

-Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, MD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Since maybe last month, illustrator has been crashing more and more frequently, and at the strangest of times. I have everything almost exactly the same on my 2018 Macbook Pro and Illustrator is totally fine on that one. I can't quite figure out what is going wrong with this laptop.

For instance:

-When I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spacebar isn't working as a shortcut hand tool.

This feature was working yesterday on my AdobeCloud Illustrator app. I got a notification that there were updates on the Cloud but it wasn't for Illustrator. When I went into the program today, I am now unable to use the spacebar as a temporary Hand tool. I didn't change anything in my preferences. Nothing was different than how I use the program since yesterday. Not sure how to fix this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator and InDesign crashing multiple times a day

I have a weird crash — many but not all times I step away from my Mac (2020 MacBook Pro 16" running Catalina; 64GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB), Illustrator goes down (and often, InDesign as well). I'll come back and wake up the machine and am greeted with system crash messages. The crash message seems to be related to Dispatch queue. Is it possible this is tied to sleep functionality, or perhaps a GPU issue? Would love to resolve this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base