Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0

illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0 once I set it to our teams color profile. Especially if I switch from AI to PS. Even after changing the profile in Bridge and synchronizing them.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

95 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. M1 Apple McBook - Crashing

I just got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple chip. Illustrator keeps freezing and crashing. It also causes my whole computer to crash! I heard many other people are having the same problem. It is unusable by this point!

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue (entire M1 McBook system freezes) is fixed for AI 25.0.1 and 25.1

This fix takes effect in a day’s time, if you still face this entire system freeze then please follow the steps to update

1). Backup your preferences and launch Illustrator with fresh preferences
    2). Quit and re-launch Illustrator once again
    3). Use Illustrator in your workflow

If you see AI crash and entire system is not freezing then please create a new issue.

3. Illustrator 2021 (Version 25.0.0) crashing when running Variable Importer script

Ever since the update, the program crashes when you either "test" the files before importing the variables or even if you skip this step and directly choose importing the variables, it completely crashes the application. I require this script for my job and have a project due this Friday, October 30th 2020. Please address immediately.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New update v25.1 is extremely buggy

With this new update I get the 'spinning beachball' constantly while trying to zoom in or out of the artboard.

Also - I have multiple objects with clipping masksI'm seeing unprecidented levels of glitches and visual artifacts all over the place that appear/disappear/reappear when zooming in and out. It's nearly unusable in this state!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator GPU performance | Driver updates

Using Illustrator V25.1
    GPU Details
    Vendor: Intel
    Device: Intel(R) Iris(R) XE Graphics
    WIndows 10
    Keeps crashing, suggestion for the fix from Adobe is to check and update drivers. I have followed the instructions and updated the drivers using Adobe instructions. Illustrator is still crashing and Adobe is still suggesting the same fix. Have double checked graphics driver is up-to-date and Intel confirms that it is.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 !

Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 ! Till 24.0.1 it works. Pleas fix this. Current Update is a desaster.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in 24.0.3 version of Illustrator (MAC only issue). Please update to 24.0.3 if you are encountering this issue. For all the other issues which you are encountering regarding the update or the new document dialog or any other please create another User Voice thread for that issue so that we can track it there itself.

Thanks & Regards,
    Illustrator Team

7. clipping mask Bug/glitch

Hello.

I'm using illustrator CC (25.1) and MacOS 11.1.

When I use clipping mask, sometimes Illustrator shows a duplicate shape of that mask or shows what's inside the clipping mask (that should be hidden). When I scroll through the artboards, the clipping mask start to blink like a glitch effect.

If you look the at the attached files you can see at the top, a clipping mask with some brown shapes inside. When I scroll down, another rectangle shows up.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Selection Lag / Delay v.25.2.3 Windows 10

I have been experiencing delays with Illustrator for some time now. It will lag for a second or so when selecting objects / text. A popup will flash in the top left hand corner of the screen, but it is too brief to identify what the popup is. I have tried screen recording but it's too brief even for that. Last month I did a clean install to see if that solved the problem and it did - but it's gradually come back. Constantly having to restart the system to bring performance back to normal. I find that the AI…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Screen goes white as soon as I draw something

As soon as I open an Illustrator document and draw or touch an object, the screen goes white. I switch between gpu and cpu rendering, nothing changes.

M1 MBP, newest os and illustrator version, not the beta or pre version, rosetta 2 mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Embedded Bitmap .Tif Files slowing down performance

MacOS Big Sur 11.2
    iMac Pro (2017)
    Processor: 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W
    Memory: 64GB
    Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 63 16 GB
    Adobe Illustrator: V 25.2.1

Embedded bitmap tif files have suddenly starting causing hindered performance. While still "linked", the bitmaps seems fine. But after embedding those linked files, they cause considerable "beach-balling" while attempting to transform them in any way, toggling their visibility on/off, or zooming in/out. All vector layers remain unaffected when the embedded bitmap layers are hidden. This is occurring on both newly created files, and older .ai files that previously had no issues. These embedded…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Illustrator 24.3 Crashing When Selecting Colours with the Layers Palette Open

See video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7hete8hhhe7mzv/Screen%20Recording%202020-09-11%20at%2014.34.23.mov?dl=0

Illustrator 24.3 crashes when changing the colour of a gradient handle if the Layers palette is open and on-screen. Video above is a freshly re-installed Illustrator in a brand new user account (macOS 10.15.6).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

12. Constant Illustrator crashing on M1 chip

Illustrator crashing every 20 minutes or so, freezing the entire system (M1 Mac mini, Big Sur). Sometimes the OS restarts on its own after 5 minutes, other times I have to restart it. It usually crashes when i'm moving objects around, select text or do some fast mouse clicking. Constantly saving but very frustrating as it has really delayed my workflow. Recovery mode works sometimes but it leaves all image links unlinked, and I have to spend ages relinking each time (I have always wondered why Illustrator doesn;t automatically link all images that are in the same folder, like InDesign…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Compatibilité système requis Vidéo Nvidia

Je suis sous windows 10, illustrator 25.2 64bits dernière version, à chaque lancement de l'application apparait une fenêtre "compatibilité système requis" pour video Nvidia Geforce GT620. J'ai réparé en prenant la dernière version du pilote sur NVidia GeForce GT 620 v.23.21.13.9135. Mais la fenêtre apparaît toujours ??? Que dois-je faire pour solutionner ce problème. Merci

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Illustrator 2021 (25.1.0) slows, freezes, crashes every 1-3 hours.

I have tried to use Illustrator 25.1.0 on 3 different laptops, ALL instances resulted in the same problem. The application will perform normally for a while, then at some point, typically between 1-3 hours of constant use, the function you are asking for via mouse input will freeze. (examples: moving a text box or shape, highlighting text, etc.) Sometimes the freeze will be preceded by a slight slow down in responsiveness. Once there is a freeze, the menu pull downs are inoperable too, so you can't ask it to save. When it freezes, a recovery file may or may not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Graphics Glitching and Slow Response

Using Illustrator 2021 and experiencing image/ graphics glitching when using tools (zoom, arrow, pen). The program is also running sluggishly. I am running this on a 2021 Macbook Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Illustrator Crashes in Big Sur, Intel 2019 Macbook Pro

Illustrator crashes 2-3 times a day now that I've upgraded my Intel MacBook Pro to Big Sur 11.4 and updated to Illustrator 25.2.3. Illustrator opens just fine, but while I'm working or saving a file, it randomly crashes, so I can't figure out how to avoid it. I don't have any plugins. I've never had this problem with Catalina. I save to Google Drive (that has not changed.) Thankfully files are recovered, but this is a major productivity hit a point of great frustration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. While creating simple vector files Illustrator lags

Since updating to 2020 and 2021, Illustrator is slow and laggy on creating simple vector files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spot color strokes change to no stroke when changing stroke weight of more than one color

I have objects stroked 1 pt but in different spot colors. I select "Same stroke weight" then change the stroke to 2 pt and it all clears, no fill, no stroke, and no weight to the stroke??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't see anything but icons, no letters.

I just installed Illustrator and I cannot see anything but icons and the top panel. I restarted it multiple times, even reinstalled it, but nothing works. I have Windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. scrubby zoom disabled after switching in trace view

1. Windows 10 pro v. 18363.1316 illustrator v 25.1

2. switching from trace view to normal view : scrubby zoom not working. closing illustrator and re-open it: scrubby zoom works again in normal view

3.scrubby zoom should be working in normal view and also on trace view....
    4 scrubby zoom don't work in trace view and stops working when I get back to normal view. I need to close and re-open Illustator to get scrubby zoom to work again in normal view.

it's a small and simple file. no complicated illustration, only a flat design for a label.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base