When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rotate in Portrait Mode on Surface Pro

When rotating the Surface Pro from landscape to portrait, Illustrator will not stay in portrait mode. It reverts back to landscape.
    Adobe Photoshop works in portrait mode.
    Illustrator used to work in portrait mode, but no longer does in CC 2017 and CC 2018.

Example of issue here:
    https://youtu.be/fVQQJR9SMzg

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offset path

Would like to see option to always have preview on. Also arrow controls for incremental measurement changes (as in transform) . These are available in many other parts of the interface.

This would speed up the process of creating an offset path.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Free Distort Bounding box doesn't follow shape

I know this isn't a bug, but it definitely feels that way. The Bounding box when using the free distort reset back to the initial shape and doesn't follow the shape you are shaping, Which makes it virtually impossible to make fine tuned distortions. The way it works in Photoshop is the way it should be.

I see people have complained about this for YEARS!
    I cannot see a single use case where the current way is preferable.

And using the effect Free Dstort isnt anybetter, since you don't get a visual representation on the artboard of what you are…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have improved the working experience of Free Distort tool. Now the bounding box will not reset! This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback

4. UPGRADE Touch Workspace: Add Layers Window, Brush Selection & MORE

It's such a task to be switching from touch workspace to my regular workspace simply to change the layer I'm working on as well as to use a custom brush. I think the touch workspace needs an upgrade! There are many artists (including myself) who love Illustrator and love using active pens to draw.
    There is still a lot more room in the workspace for additional features. I think the size of the tool icons is a bit too big, they can be resized and the features we need can be added! Make it better for us!

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Paste and match style within illustrator

When copying from one text box with style A, then pasting into a text box with style B -- provide the ability to paste as style B in a single keystroke or step. Currently the default is to keep style A when pasting which requires an additional step to convert the style B.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Library Organization

I can't figure out a way to organize our cloud libraries. We are trying to make one library per client and having everything in chronological order can make it really hard to find icons and other elements that could be grouped by category. If we could drag them around to rearrange that would be great, if we could create little groups or folders of them like swatches that would be even better.

Thank You!

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Added To Backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please let us turn off the Tour

Please please please let us turn off the tour. It is annoying beyond words to have it always popping while working.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Select inside marquee window

Create a toggle-able feature like the one found in many CAD programs:
    Select ONLY the objects ENTIRELY inside the selection window marquee via the following methods:
    1. hold Shift+drag
    2. Dragging left-to-right enables "select inside", dragging right-to-left enables "select touching" (as per most CAD programs)

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Artboards do not snap to whole pixels

When the snap to pixel option is turned on and I use the Artboard Tool dragging the corner of the artboard results in random decimals.
    Say if my artboard is 512x512 and I drag a corner out it will now be dragging at every pixel but with a random decimal rather than a integer. this decimal will be the same at every snapped pixel until I let go. at this point if I move it again a new random decimal will be added.

These two screenshots show issue values. take not it is random and the X and Y values…

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

11. Custom layer colors, layer 5 yellow is killing me

Can i please change the default layer colors so that layer 5 is not always yellow? I set up files all day long and yellow on white is ******* the eyes, would love to be able to set a default layer color for the first 5 or six new layers. Thank you.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. The color yellow has been removed altogether as a layer color, and has been replaced by Magenta color for Layer 5. This functionality is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

12. Share for Review Enabled for Illustrator

Enable share for review with Illustrator. I can already see how this will help when working with clients for magazines in InDesign - so I can’t wait to see how I can use if with clients for Illustrator based projects.

ESPECIALLY as a professor - this will make it much easier to provide feedback for students during remote teaching and learning this fall with COVID.

LINK TO inDesign feature -
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/m-p/11219483

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Data merge like Indesign

It would be nice if you could have the data merge function like in Indesign so you can import .csv-files.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Batch relink to CC libraries

I would like to be able to select more than one CC library link in a document and batch relink, instead of having to go through and manually do each and everyone.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Cloud, Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GET RID OF THE REVERT HOTKEY!

The hot key for Revert is WAY too similar to the hot key for Save As in Photoshop and I lost an entire day fo work saving after finishing a project. The fact that that can happen accidentally, even with the approval button is INFURIATING!

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have started working on this request. This was only a Mac-related issue where the shortcut got changed. We are setting it back to F12. We are not removing this shortcut, because a lot if users do use this shortcut. If you want to remove it, or change it to even more obscure key, you can do it as per your liking by editing the shortcut.

Please refer this link to know how to customize keyboard shortcuts: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/customizing-keyboard-shortcuts.html#Definenewkeyboardshortcuts

Thanks,

Varun

16. Artboard-specific Layers

When working with multiple artboards, it would be very helpful to have artboard-specific layers displayed on the Layers panel as opposed to one long blob of all layers from all artboards.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. AI 2020 slow

I am working on a 2017 iMac pro with an 18 core Intel Xeon W processor, 128 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and a Radeon Pro Vega 64 GPU (16 GB memory). I just (November 5, 2019) updated to AI 2020 and everything is significantly slower than the last version of AI 2019 (yes, GPU enhancement settings are on). I purchased AI CS because it had the GPU enhancement and it was 64-bit allowing me to work with the rather large vector images produced during my data analysis from spacecraft. However, this slow down is like going back to…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the issue has caused. We do test our products thoroughly including running it through multiple beta testers and we really regret that this issue slipped past our quality checks.
    We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.5 (Build 3). While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use/recommend it for your day to day activity.
    We would appreciate if you can give us the feedback on the correctness of the fix by pressing the Thumbs up button on the UserVoice page.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

19. I need an option to disable path segment reshape tool

Please! Let me disable path segment reshape tool, because the anchor tool is totally unusable because of it. It almost impossible to point on a vector, because every time the path segment reshaper gets in the way!

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Relative paths for linked assets

An option to use relative paths for linked assets. Because links use absolute paths, simply moving the folder your artwork is in will break the links unless the links are in the same folder. For example:

c:\artwork\project-1234\layout.ai
    c:\artwork\project-1234\assets\logo.jpg
    c:\artwork\standard-title-block.ai

If logo.jpg and standard-title-block.ai are both linked to inside of layout.ai, renaming the project folder will break the links. Moving the project folder will break the links.

Instead of storing the link paths absolutely, store them relatively. This way at least renaming the folder will preserve both links and moving the folder will only break links that point to file outside…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base