Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • or

543 results found

1. Libraries - Add Ability to Drag-and-Drop Swatches from Library Panel to Swatches Panel

Add ability to drag-and-drop a color swatch from the Library Panel to the Swatches Panel.

The functionality exists in the Library Panel Menu, but can't be executed by drag-and-drop. Drag-and-drop swatches is a age-old UI convention in Illustrator and it feels broken that a user can't currently do this.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You cannot add a Free Form Gradient to the Swatch Panel

FREE FORM GRADIENT - The new feature in Ai CC 2019. You can create amazing gradients, however, you cannot save any free form gradient created to the swatch panel or the Cloud Library....why ?

Its a great feature, however, it makes for so much extra work if you want to use any free form gradient you create in one file, in another file or project in the future....it would be logical to be able to save this new style of creating gradients to the CC Library and to one's Swatch Panel.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Properties panel lacks properties

CC 2018. Please include ALL properties for the selected object. Selecting a stroke should show ALL stroke properties (including cap, corner, dashed line etc).

And please don't put stuff behind the ellipsis icon (additional properties). Some of the additional properties menus duplicate the stuff in the panel itself, or don't even work.

If you want to make properties show by context, you need to make the dedicated panels obsolete!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to permanently expand areas of the Properties panel

I have a lot of empty space in the new Properties panel.
    Having to click the '...' every time I want to access extra options seems clunky when I have so much unused space.
    In the old interface you could double-click on the top bar of a panel and it would expand to your preference and remember that expansion.
    A similar option here would be welcome.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Properties Panel Lack of alignment on single object

Hello the new properties panel is good however if you select a single object there is no option to align that object, if you select more than one it comes up...

THis would be very handy on a single object

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Creative Cloud Files appear in Library Panel in Illustrator

Currently folders and files in the Creative Cloud Files folder are local and synchronise with the cloud. They are visible on the website but are separate from Creative Cloud Libraries that we use inside Illustrator. It’s tantalisingly close to being an awesome feature, yet…

Please join them up! Make creative cloud files visible in the libraries panel in Illustrator, and vice versa; and make the libraries available locally.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Update Asset in Asset Export Panel

It would be really nice to be able to update an asset in the Asset Export panel with the current selection. Why? Here's my example…

I have 6 assets in my file, each with different names, each containing different objects, but each sharing a logo.

Client says to change the logo. Now I need to remake all 6 assets instead of being able to paste in the new logo and updating the assets.

Suggestion: In the Asset Export panel, with an asset selected, allow the user to update the selected asset with the selected objects.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow docked tool panels to stack one under another

For now a docked tool panel takes the whole column, not matter how short it is. It forces us to clump all custom tools in one panel. Normal panels can stack any way possible.
    Please, give us the possibility to dock tool panels in rows too.

Also look related request about separators in tool panels:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/41861230-bring-back-separators-in-toolboxes-we-can-place-wh

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OpenType features can be set in the Character panel

Currently, OpenType features settings can only be set in the OpenType panel. As a result, the user experience is poor. Being able to set OpenType features in the Character panel will improve the user experience.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Folders in Layers panel

Given that Photoshop can group layers into folders, Illustrator should have the same capacity to bring the experience closer together.

It would allow for greater flexibility when editing artwork.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put all Blend options and commands into one dialog / panel

Blend Tool > Blend Options Panel stinks, nothing personal.
    I use the Blend tool. A lot. When I start a blend, the Properties Panel helpfully tells me that I have a Blend. Thanks for that. But I still have to go to Object > Blend > Blend Options to get any options for the Blend tool. What if the Blend tool options would magically appear in the Properties panel while I'm using that tool?

Also, the Blend Options panel will not let me make any changes to the blend other than Spacing or Orientation. How about putting the other Blend…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Collapse panels menu item/keyboard shortcut

The ability to set a keyboard shortcut to collapse all panels would be really helpful and slick. I find myself leaving them open for expedience only to find the open panel is in the way, visually, later on. For those who set up their workspace differently they can just ignore it or disable the keyboard shortcut.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New artboard default to spacing set in Rearrange artboard panel

It would be useful if when you create a new artboard that the spacing between it and the previous one reflects the spacing you have defined in the 're-arrange artboards' panel.

Currently it defaults to something around 7/8mm which is annoying when you have artwork that spills over, as moving the artboard drags the artwork with it. I know you can turn that feature off, but the spacing defaulting to what you've already defined would still be very useful.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

14. Unable to Resize Tool Panels (vertical axis)

Cannot 'grab' the bottom edge of a panel in the right column to move up or down. Panel size seems 'locked.' This causes lots of wasted space in the right column tool set UI. This problem exists in both the Essentials workspace and the Essentials Classic. This was not an issue in previous versions of Ai. Thanks for addressing this bug!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

15. Align panel: Objects touch edges

I draw as well as design web layouts in Ai, and I spend a lot of time sliding objects around on a pasteboard and using Smart Guides to snap them next to each other so they're touching. I'd like to add a set of features to the align panel that allow you to select two objets, define the target object with a second click, and then define which edge of the objects you want them to touch on: top, bottom, left, right.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Radial Repeat rotation angle value in options panel

It would be nice to be able to directly enter the exact angle of rotation in the radial repeat options panel. Why is it missing? You can control the number of objects and the size of the circle, but not the angle.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Repeats  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to customize/choose features/controls/order in Control panel

A Feature that can be used by any Tool or Panel which is most common (like Fill & Stroke), that should not be active in the both (Control Bar & Properties Panel )sides at a time.

When Text Object is selected by Arrows.
    If you have selected Text by using Arrows/Selection Tools, you should have good options in the Right Click's menu, like Spell Checking which is logical according to selection.
    It would be also better if these features will be added in Control Bar by replacing redundant Features Like Fill & Stroke which can be used by Panels and…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Properties panel to have the same width as other panels

Properties is the widest panel among other panels in Illustrator.
    While other panels by default have the same width (and some are resizable), Properties is too wide.

It gets specifically disgusting whet it get stacked with other panels — they have to conform the minimal width of Properties and start looking ugly.

At the same time, the main content of Properties does not look like it needs all that minimal width — there is a huge gap on the right visible in 'properties_1.png' attached.

Sure, when you have some art selected, it look differently, like in 'properties2.png'... but look

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show HEX value in swatch panel

I often need to copy HEX values from illustrator swatches into other applications. My workflow would be accelerated if there was a text field showing the HEX value like in the color picker window.

Right now I need to apply the swatch to an object and copy the HEX value from the color picker window.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Keyboard shortcut for Properties panel

There is a keyboard shortcut to go to any other windows option except this.. I don't know if it is because it is a new feature, but this should really be implemented... Can there be a mappable keyboard shortcut for the new properties panel on illustrator

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base