2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Element Transparency not adjustable after setting transparency once.

CC 2018
    Placing elements on pasteboard works fine. I adjusted the transparency of the element on layer to 40% over a red box. Now the element shows that transparency. If you try to revise the transparency the properties window shows the element at 100%. There is no way to adjust the transparency back to it's original 100% or know the current transparency.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. update 24.2.3 so glitchy - pasting and moving deletes blur and brushes

On iMac Mojave 10.14.6 the Ilustrator Update 24.2.3 is very glitchy. When pasting and moving artwork it deletes Gaussian blur and brushes from pasted artwork so then I have to redo all the work again by selecting and clicking on the appearance. ( see pics 1 and 2) Also when reflecting an object it defaults to an angle and not flipped as normal. Please fix, thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gaussian Blur Effect producing different results from 24.1.3 to 24.2 or 24.2.1

The Gaussian Blur Effect "Effect→Blur→Gaussian Blur" is now behaving differently in 24.2 than it was in 21.x. Updating to 24.2.1 did not solve the issue.

The issue: A designer applies a Gaussian Blur to a vector shape and sets the desired blur level to achieve the desired effect. When that file is opened by another user using 24.2 or 24.2.1, copying and pasting the object, or toggling the visibility of the Gaussian Blur effect (in the attributes panel) on the original object will change the visual appearance of the blur (the blur noticeably increases in strength).

This alters the intended…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Warp Effects to distort linear gradient

When you turn on distorting linear gradients (Object > Envelope Distort > Envelope options: Distort Linear Gradients Fill), AI still won't do it when you use Warp Effects (Effect > Warp). This should be fixed.

I'd even extend this option to treat other gradients types, not only linear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Minus Front Pathfinder

I'm trying to block out this outlined text from this green rectangle, however, it is producing a very weird and seemingly glitchy result. Here are my steps:

1) Select both shapes (The white shape appears to have a thicker selection outline? Not sure why that is..)

2) Choose Pathfinder > Minus Front.

3) The final result view cuts off the top of the 'M' and 'R', but the anchor points show a normal effect.

Any thoughts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Transparency doesn't show correctly in linked CMYK Illustrator PDFs

If I link a CMYK Illustrator PDF with transparency into a CMYK Illustrator document, the transparency doesn't show correctly. I can actually open a CMYK Illustrator PDF, link the same exact PDF into this opened file, and the artwork will look different even though they're the same exact file. See attached screenshot. This has been an annoying bug that's been around forever.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3D Extrude & Bevel Mapping Symbol

When I try to map a vector artwork using the 3D Extrude & Bevel Options on the "Map Art" windows shows that the artwork is mapped correctly on the face of shape however the final result stays with the black color of the outline, this does not happen when I do a flat graphic like a JPEG or PNG.

This issue has been happening with multiple versions of illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3D Revolve Clipping

3D Revolve is clipping the front faces. I can get the faces to appear when the object is in a different rotation, when it object is parallel with the view. I've tried this with both a normal path and a compound path.

I think the plane the 3D object is being rendered to is too far forward.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Arc Warp Effect with Unexpected Results (Combined with Masks)

When applying an arc effect shouldn't the mask dictate how the arc effect works and not the larger contents of the mask?

The results I am getting now appear to be possibly impacted by the larger/complex contents of the mask.

I have used a larger arc amount of 15% in the images below to exaggerate the difference I am seeing between the simplified design/mask and the second design with a larger pattern inside the mask.

Is this working as intended or is this an issue?

Computer Specs:
    macOS 10.15.4
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    Processor: 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Transform effect vanished from Appearance Panel. Multiple times

After using Distort & Transform/Transform from the Appearance Panel, I noticed that this effect was missing from the list of effects that I'd used. As you can see in the attached image, Transform is not in the list. The long shadow on this text is created using that effect and it is still live, but there's no way to edit it since it is not showing up in the Appearance Panel. I started over and created it once more and once again, it wasn't in the panel. I tried a 3rd time and it worked as expected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Editing text with warp doesn't update

Editing text that has a Warp effect applied does not update on screen or even in a saved PDF until the warp effect is turned off then on again in the Appearance panel. See the attachments where I have changed the bolded word 'egg' to a roman type weight. In the second warped screenshot it is still bold. This bug has only started since the very latest general release of Illustrator: v24.1. Occurs in MacOS 10.15.3 and in MacOS 10.14.6

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feather does not gradient to transparent

When 'feather' is applied to (in my instance) a black box overlaying a colored background, the black appears as a conspicuous grey.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Offset path small values results in skewed lines

Offset path small values (in my example it's 0.02 mm) results in skewed lines, compared to original text it's applied to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Issues while in 3D Revolve. In the Ai 24.0.1 - MAC OS 10.13.6

While in 3D Revolve, I am trying to apply a created Symbol onto a half circle with a gradient. Within the dialog box, there is a message that says "the gradient will be rastorized", which changes my gradient from "red to black gradient" to a "balck and white gradient". That changes my whole effect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to scale a specific object

I am unable to scale one of the objects (letter P) in the attached file. Please advise. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Free Distort doesn't apply to certain gradient strokes

I was working on a type effect when I realized the Free Distort filter (found under Effect > Distort & Transform > Free Distort) doesn't apply when the selected object uses a stroke with a gradient that is applied along or across the stroke. Is this intentional? I hope it isn't since it doesn't seem intentional.

Here's how I did it.
    Create a rectangle. Make sure it has a fill color. Then add a stroke and pick a gradient. Change the stroke style to be either the second or third option. Then apply the Free Distort filter to the object…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop selecting objects when I click on their effect

Stop selecting objects when I click on an effect.

I have a rectangle with a long, soft drop shadow. I now can no longer select anything that is technically 'under' the drop shadow, because clicking on the drop shadow selects the object casting it. This is really really bad and extremely counterintuitive.

I'm smart enough to know which object is casting the shadow because I put it there. If I wanted to select the object casting the shadow, I would have clicked on it. Now I can't click on the thing I really want to click on — all the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pathfinder options not working no matter what I do

Hi I am using Adobe Illustrator on a Windows PC and I was trying to use the Pathfinder Tool to simply 'minus front' some text on a shape for a logo I am trying to create. But, whenever I go to use the Pathfinder tool and click on in in the Windows Drop Down Menu - because its not even an option on the side bars?- nothing happens. I've tried to group the text and the shape as well as creating outlines but nothing is working. Nothing is popping up. I am simply trying to make transparent text in a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Symbols | Mapping stroke to 3D-Model will distort stroke

Hi together,

recently I came accross a mapping bug with a stroke ( width 0.2 Pt ) applied to a waving flag shape used in a symbol that was mapped to a 3D model.

All details can be found at Adobe Illustrator User Forum here:
    Symbols | Mapping stroke to 3D-Model will distort stroke
    Laubender Mar 21, 2019
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10989571#10989571

Workarounds like expanding the stroke and working with an extra path element stacked behind the flag shape did not help.

The only workaround that will help is rendering the elements to an image and implement the placed and not linked image…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Twist effect does not act on a group as a whole...

When applying [Effects -> Distort and Transform -> Twist] to a group, the effect is applied on an individual object level and not on the group as a whole.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base