What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

Shift hold (Constrain angle) within gradient use not working

When I shift hold a gradient now it doesn't snap (constrain angle) in Illustrator. I've checked my general settings and constrain angle is set to 0°... have I missed something? Version 23.0

39 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

58 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Helga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here – looking forward to having this issue fixed :-)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same problem with simple linear gradients. The tool doesn't constrain with the Shift key, and I can't see where I'm drawing the path.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The adobe update is horrible, so many problems in AI and PS, makes me wanna just go back to cs6 and void all this drama every update. please resolve this gradient issue. No sense relearning the entire program every 6 months

• Jan Vork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice, the new smooth previewing Gradient Tool - but it seems to no longer snaps to points and no longer constrains (shift).
    this makes accurate position impossible.
    Please repair.

• Steve Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just found the issue today and it is very annoying. You have to draw roughly what you want then reset the angle in the Gradient panel. Really not ideal and we're convinced it worked fine in CC2018.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, good to hear you're looking at this – I downloaded the latest update 23.0.1 and the problem still remains for me... I can't use version 23 until this is fixed. Thanks for your help.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base