Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

  1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8343 results found

  1. Large images scaled down too much (with resolution larger than 7200 ppi) become immovable

    I'm not able to move images in my design. If I click image trace and make the image into a vector then I can move it, but as soon as I rasterize it back into an image then I can no longer move it. I also am not able to click to select the image, I have to drag a box around it to select the image.

    Things I've tried:
    - Checked for update
    - Restarted my computer
    - Restarted Illy
    - Restarted Illy while pressing shift-options-command
    - moved the file to my desktop (off of external drive)
    - cleared…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. SVGオプション「文字:アウトラインに変換」の不具合

    バージョン:
    2024(28.7.9)、2025(29.7.1) で発生を確認。
    2023(27.9.6)では問題は起こらない。

    再現手順:
    ・テキストを含むアートワークを作成
    ・別名で保存:SVG(svg) を選択
    ・SVGオプションダイアログ内で以下の項目を設定
    文字:アウトラインに変換
    「Illustratorの編集機能を保持」にチェック

    結果:
    警告が表示される。「以下の項目を適切に書き出すことができませんでした:テキストはアトラインに変換されます」
    保存されたSVGファイルをIllustratorで開くとテキストはすべてアウトラインに変換されており、
    SVGデータ領域のテキストはアウトラインに変換されていない。

    望まれる結果:
    警告が表示されない。
    Illustratorで開くと編集可能なテキストオブジェクトがあり、SVGデータ領域にはアウトラインに変換されたテキストがある。

    ----Translation----
    It may differ from the actual terminology. Sorry.

    Defective version of SVG option:
    2024 (28.7.9), 2025 (29.7.1).
    not be reproduced in 2023 (27.9.6).

    Reproduction procedure:
    ・Create artwork containing text
    ・Save as: SVG(svg)
    ・Set the following items in the SVG option dialog
    Characters: Convert to outline
    Check the checkbox "Retain the editing function of Illustrator"

    Results:
    A warning is displayed. " The following items could not be exported properly: Text will be converted to Outline"
    When you open a saved SVG file…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    This problem is reportedly fixed in the latest Beta Build 30.5.0.18. You can update and test if it’s truly gone.

    However, please not there are some known issues with this particular build:

    • Opening recent files from Home Screen Recent section is not working (opening recent files from File > Open Recent Files works fine).
    • Generative Expand does not open its own HUD when used after Generate Vector, Generative Shape Fill, or Sketch to Vector. Instead, the previous tool's HUD is displayed and Generative Expand remains inaccessible. Workaround: Ungroup the generative content first, then apply Generative Expand.
    • Half of Astute Graphics plugins can’t get loaded. Both teams are now aware of the problem.
  3. Properties panel fields don’t accept numeric input until focus resets (MacBook Pro, Illustrator 2025, macOS Sequoia 15.5)

    On my MacBook Pro (2023) running macOS Sequoia 15.5 with Illustrator 2025, I’m running into a recurring focus bug in the Properties panel numeric fields (Width, Height, Stroke Weight, etc.).

    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Select an object.
    2. Click once in the Width (W) or Height (H) field in the Properties panel.
    • The field highlights, but no blinking text cursor appears.
    3. Attempt to type a number.
    • Input is ignored — Illustrator interprets the keystrokes as shortcuts instead of text.
    4. Workaround:
    • Open the Transform panel (Window > Transform) and type numbers there.
    • After doing this,…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug - Cannot access Hands on tutorials

    I was doing the hands on tutorials and then I loaded into the app and the section for them was gone in my tutorials tab. I found the webpage online that allows me to launch hands on tutorials from browser https://www.adobe.com/learn/illustrator?tutorialType=inApp&learnIn=1 and it leads to the screenshot provided. I would love to be able to continue doing the hands on tutorials. I ensured that I have no VPN installed, I updated graphics drivers, and reinstalled Illustrator to no avail.

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Recent colors become None when Global or Spot Colors are used

    Some Recent Colors are displayed as the None Swatch when Spot or Global colors have been added to the Recent Colors.
    Turn on in the Edit > Color Settings all checkboxes for warnings about Mismatches or Missing profiles.
    The default is unchecked. When they are unchecked, you will get no warning when opening a file with Global (or Spot) Colors in the Recent Colors and the file just opens without showing the problem.
    When you have turned the warning checkboxes On in the Color Settings and have Quit Illustrator after adding the Global or Spot Colors in the Recent Colors,…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Symbol not following the artwork to move when moving, after update

    I’m writing to report a bug I’ve encountered in Adobe Illustrator since updating to version 29.7.

    When working on CAD artwork that includes symbols, I’ve noticed that when I try to move a symbol, the symbol artwork doesn't follow the intended movement. Instead, it either stays in place or shifts to an unexpected position. This issue did not occur in previous versions and is significantly affecting my workflow.

    Could you please look into this and advise if there is a fix or workaround available? I’d be happy to provide a sample file or screen recording if needed.

    Thank you for…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    8 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    Need More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gradient does not rotate with object when using corner handles (manual transform)

    When an object with a gradient is rotated manually using the bounding box (corner handles), the gradient does not rotate with the object.
    However, using the Rotate tool or Object > Transform > Rotate results in correct gradient behavior.

    This silent inconsistency leads to invisible errors in print output — especially in professional workflows.

    🧪 The bug was tested on multiple Illustrator versions, macOS and Windows, fresh installs, and clean preference files. It is reproducible.

    🔗 Forum discussion with video + .ai file proof:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/gradient-not-rotating-with-object-during-manual-rotation-caused-an-88-000-try-print-job-loss/m-p/15408772

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Baseline Shift units change to points when Language Options gets changed to East Asian

    For some reason Ai believes my Baseline Shift units MUST be in points when I choose to use East Asian Language Options, like the GIF shows.

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Upon reopening Ai files, it shows that fonts are missing when they aren't

    To fix the "error" I have to navigate to Adobe fonts, uninstall each font one by one, as uninstalling a font family all at once doesn't fix the issue, then individually reinstall each font. Super tedious and taxing to workflow. Issue is across multiple files, all that I have created on the same device that presents the "missing font" dialogue so I know it isn't a file issue. Please fix.

    Windows 10 Pro
    Adobe Illustrator v 29.5.1

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. [ExtendScript] Cannot set TextRange.justification to value in ParagraphStyle

    We cannot successfully set textFrame.textRange.justification to the value in the applied ParagraphStyle.

    For example, if the text has [Normal Paragraph Style] applied, which for me has Justification.LEFT, then I cannot set that text to have Justification.LEFT in cases where the justification has been changed.

    (Tested on MacOS 15.4.1 Adobe Illustrator 29.5.1, but this appears to be an old bug.)

    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create new document
    2. Run the below script

    Expected Result: all tests passed and no alert message appears.

    Actual result: Failed to set textRange.justification to LEFT.

    Script:

    (function () {
    
        var doc = app.activeDocument,
            textFrame
    …
    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 線幅と効果を拡大・縮小がリセットされる

    29.5.1にてアップデート後
    線幅と効果を拡大・縮小がリセットされる。
    環境設定も拡大縮小時もチェックボックスを入れていたのに気づかない間にリセットされる。

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Applescript—cannot save Illustrator file if embedding ICC profiles

    This is a bug, as verified by this post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/there-is-a-problem-with-saving-as-illustrator-using-applescript/m-p/15287552) and this post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/applescript-cannot-embed-icc-profiles-in-illustrator-save-options/m-p/15032019#M429674). I cannot save an Illustrator file as part of an AppleScript if ICC profiles are being embedded. This is a problem because I can no longer use my Applescripts for creating versions of logo files.

    The following code will fail with the error "Cannot get document 1". The error occurs when the save command’s with options parameter is a record containing a embed icc profile property.

    save document 1 in filePath as Illustrator with options {embed icc profile:true}
    I have verified that…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enough with the memory sucking "upgrades" already!

    Hey Adobe, you've already forced us all to pay more for your subscription based software model now, so maybe instead of focusing so ******* building memory sucking AI generative tools for people who aren't artists, you should provide a version for the folks who don't need all this new ****. Stop messing with perfectly good and functional software that real artists want to use! I can't even tell you how many times the recent releases have crashed and I lost all my work, it's incredibly frustrating! I have a new macbook pro that can handle the demand, so the problems…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. HEX Franklin Variable Font is Not Visible when Editing

    I am on a Mac running Illustrator 29.4. I am trying to use the variable OTF version of HEX Franklin, and all Adobe apps do not render the letterforms. When I try to select the variable font in the dropdown, it just defaults back to Myriad or the default typeface.

    Other variable fonts work as intended, but specifically, this one is broken. Any possible fix?

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Objects vanish when a PDF is exported

    The PDF document is not being saved correctly. I have tried saving it in different ways, changing the elements and it still isn't working. I believe it is a problem in Acrobat itself perhaps?

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    Mateus, please File > Package the document, save the PDF preset used into a file, and send these over to the team for investigation, to sharewithai@adobe.com

    Put the link to this report in the body of the email as well: http://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/49687994

  17. Gradient Strokes lose exactly 1pt thickness when placed and embedded into another Illustrator file

    When placing AI or PDF files into an Illustrator document, any strokes that have gradients applied will become exactly 1pt thinner than its intended weight. The weight shows properly before embedding the link. I've seen a number of designers use a gradient 1pt line on their artwork to seem "metallic" only to find their line completely disappears if their artwork is placed into another Illustrator file. This only applies if you embed the link. Leaving the linked AI/PDF as a link will preserve the correct stroke weight.

    This appears to be present in several versions of Illustrator dating back to…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Locate Object highlights the first child of a selected group instead of the group itself

    When we select a group on canvas and click the Locate Object button, the tree gets unfolded and scrolled to the group.
    But for some strange reason, the item highlighted in the tree is not the group itself, but the first child within.
    This behavior is not new (although there was a time when Ai even used to keep the layer highlighted instead), but it feels odd.

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom toolbars with plugin tools rearrange themselves alphabetically on launch

    Windows 11, Illustrator 29.3.1
    I use a custom toolbar with the tools I use most frequently (many Astute Graphics plugin tools), arranged in a specific order that I go to with muscle memory. Recently (2 updates ago?), they jumbled up – actually, they arranged themselves alphabetically descending top to bottom – but for my purposes, this is illogically jumbled, and I have to hunt for tools visually; it is very annoying and time-wasting. Then I noticed they were in my proper order again… next day, jumbled. I’ve worked out what is happening. First Illustrator launch of the day… alphabetically jumbled.…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Eyedropper picks the color of the antialiased edge of a stroke blended with the background instead of the actual stroke color

    Eyedropper requires a ton of precision when picking a color of s stroke.

    Watch the GIF.
    Here I have violet and green lines, drawn above a raster image.

    I’ve mistaken and used green color instead of violet, and now I want to pick it from the existing line.

    I click, precise enough (I hope), but the color picked — the almost correct violet (C74,95 M74,61 — instead of the global 75-75) — is not in the background at all. It’s a BLENDED color of the RENDERED anti-aliased EDGE of the stroke! So Ai secretly rasterizes what it sees and then…

    4 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?