Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

341 results found

1. Whenever I enter Outline mode(Ctrl+Y), Illustrator turn into 'view using CPU mode

I can reproduce this bug on my rig. Whenever I enter outline mode(Ctrl+Y), illustrator, initially using GPU to render the artwork, turn into using CPU. And it stay there even I exit the outline mode.

• The only thing to fix it is close the file and open it again. It's getting annoying pretty quickly(part of it because 'View using CPU' performance is abysmal and sluggish. My CPU has 6 cores 12 thread, not top of the line, but not cheap model either.

-I also found that it's not only about the outline mode that cause this, but other reason as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Illustrator 25 very low with ICC profiles other than appleRGB and sRGB

Hi,
    Illustrator 25 and Indesign 16 are very very slow with other ICC profiles than AppleRGB and sRGB. For example, if you switch to a profile you created yourself with Eizo colour navigator, Illustrator becomes so slow that you can no longer use it reasonably. Switching to sRGB or AppleRGB is not an option because of the lack of colour binding.
    The problem also existed in Lightroom 10.1. and was fixed by the Lightroom developers in 10.2. Maybe the Illustrator teams should get together with the Lightroom teams to fix the problem.
    Here is a video showing the problem:
    https://youtu.be/S4SKBE7Zn8c

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. GPU-Support fällt reproduzierbar aus

Die GPU-Unterstützung funktioniert zunächst bei neu angelegten Dateien wie erwartet. Sobald ich das Lineal einblende oder eine Zeichenfläche verändere oder hinzufüge, fällt die GPU-Unterstützung aus und das Programm wird extrem 'laggy'. Man kann das GPU-Rendering nicht wieder aktivieren, bis man Ai neu startet. Bestehende Ai-Dateien, die eingeblendete Lineale haben oder Hilfslinien enthalten, funktionieren ebenfalls nur mit CPU-Rendering. Entfernt man hier alle Hilfslinien und blendet die Lineale aus, speichert die Datei, beendet Ai und öffnet die Datei anschließend wieder, bringt das die GPU-Unterstützung zurück. Bis man aben wieder an Lineale oder die Zeichenflächen geht – kurzes weißes Flackern, GPU-Unterstützung ist weg.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Video driver error

I have 2 video drivers on my computer, the base version and the fully upgraded one. Each time I open Illustrator, it warns me that my driver is outdated yet both drivers register as connected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. GPU Preview Disabled when Importing CMYK/RGB Vectors through CC Libraries

In the latest version of Illustrator (25.2.1) If you try place a linked vector file through Libraries into a document that is in a different format eg. CMYK into an RGB document or RGB into a CMYK Document and it is a vector, GPU acceleration is disabled. This does not occur in Illustrator 24.

I've tested this by opening a CMYK Document, placing a linked CMYK file and everything works as expected. If you place a linked RGB vector it will cause the GPU to stop working. The opposite works the same way, placed a linked CMYK file into an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Problème de couleurs des images bitmap !

Problème d'affichage de couleurs des images en bitmap depuis la dernière mise à jour (illustrator 25.2.1).
    Pareil pour Photoshop qui affiche encore des couleurs différentes.
    Matériel utilisé : iMac

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Illustrator won't preview changes in the transparency mask until I move the art.

I just set up a new computer this morning and this is a new problem I have not dealt with before. Any edit I make to the transparency mask in an artwork does not preview until I move the artwork. Moving the view, zooming in and out etc doesn't udpate the preview, only moving the artwork. I tried turning off my GPU performance to see if that was causing some issue but it didn't change anything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Illustrator causing red screen

I'm using a MacBook Pro 15" , 2019 with MacOS 10.15.5 and Illustrator 24.2.

When I open a file in Illustrator it works fine until I open a second file. When I do this, a red border appears and I cant zoom or work with the file. I tried to delete everything which is installed with Illustrator (Also the .plist files) and tried to reinstall it but the same thing is happening again. Disabling the GPU in settings does fix this issue but using Illustrator on a high-end machine without it's full GPU power is worthless.

I also created a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. White flickering screen: Illustrator 2019 gltches out video card in Macs with AMD Radeon R9 M390 2 GB graphics card...

it's an Apple & Adobe conflict with each other regarding the AMD graphic card driver(s) + Mojave OS 10.14. Rolling back to Illustrator 2018 doesn't fix it. I first thought it was a physical hardware problem (dying graphics card) until we experienced the problem on multiple Macs in the same way.

This issue didn't exist prior to updating to Mojave, however, I think Mojave and Adobe were fine together until updating to Adobe CC's 2019 products which had the initial conflict and, in turn, created the same conflict for the prior Adobe CC versions + Mojave.

I 100% believe there…

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pathview/Edges Problems

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
    3,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
    macOS Catalina (10.15.6)
    Adobe Illustrator (25.2)

Path are not completly visible.
    Edges are not shown as they are.

Without GPU the Edges and Path look normal. But its to slow to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Library window gets corrupted

Without any apparent reason, the Library window gets corrupted i.e. doesn't scale correctly and thus is rendered completely useless as I'm unable to scroll or select any assets. Need to restart the whole app to fix it. Latest CS21 with MBP16.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Illustrator 2020 laggy and slow on the simplest of tasks

Illustrator 2020 is really laggy and slow, only when completing simple tasks like colour picking, moving art-boards, selecting different objects, or even just wanting to zoom in or out.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

14. Real time function disappears

realtime feature disappears when rulers are enabled in Illustrator 25.1 (Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Overheating?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Fan goes into overdrive each time I open any of the newly updated Adobe Aps (example Illustrator 25.0.1) Going back to previous versions fixes the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Hairline," faint border around PNG exports

Whenever I export anything as a PNG in Illustrator with a transparent background, the PNG result shows up with a strange faint border around it. I've tried a multitude of "solutions" and nothing has worked, leading me to believe that this is a bug.

I'm working on a macOS Catalina 10.15.4, and on the most recent version of illustrator (24.1). My processor is 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, and graphics—Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB.

(The image I have provided is the exported PNG image of that shape, and I've overlapped it ontop of the pre-export to show the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a GPU bug. If you toggle the rendering mode with View > View using CPU — no border will get rendered, the PNG actually does not have it. The problem is known though.

18. Artefacts while dragging anchor

After having drawing a polyline and drag one of the corners to a new position there appears black artefact shapes.

Windows 10
    Illustrator 25.0.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Graphics Errors in Big Sur

I have a brand new Mac Mini 2020, just released. I have been having weird glitches with graphics rendering, and I found this post
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40978006-macos-big-sur-rendering-bug

Looks like it has been closed for commenting, and blame on Beta. However, I still have the issue. I am on Big Sur 11.0.1 on a brand new machine running AI 2021

I took advice and disable GPU Performance, and it seems to be working now.

Just a heads up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. GPU Performance is deeply broken - UI overlay refresh issue

Within about 20-30 min of starting illustrator with GPU Performance enabled, everything goes haywire.

It seems to be an issue with UI overlays such as art board bounding boxes and shape paths/points. As you pan about or adjust a shape, it seems that old overlays are not disposed and new overlays are just drawn on top resulting in layers and layers of overlays. The overlays are cleared if you zoom but when you start to pan or manipulate shapes again, the overlays continue to populate on screen.

Images attached should illustrate the issue better then I can describe it. What…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base