Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
80 results found
-
Placed .ai artboards drop graphic elements randomly. This is disgusting for printers
The screenshot shows the placed artboards from - top row: .ai artboards, bottom row: pdf artboards. The circled portions show logos were dropped from the artwork arbitrarily.
When the .ai file is opened normally, it displays correctly - but not when placed.
This is a separate issue from placed artwork not displaying transparencies accurately.
This is supposed to be a professional level program and printing bugs are getting to be too much and costing my company too much in unnecessary reprints. PLEASE FIX.
2 votes -
「プリント」を実行した直後に Illustrator がクラッシュして終了する
Illustratorのバージョン: Illustrator 29.4 日本語版
OS: macOS Sonoma 14.7.7
ハードウェア環境:
・機種名:iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020
・CPU:3.3 GHz 6コア Intel Core i5
・メモリ:8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
・GPU:AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4GB
プリンター: Fuji Xerox DocuColor 1450 GA(Wi-Fi接続)再現手順:
1. Illustrator で任意のドキュメントを開く
2. メニュー「ファイル」>「プリント」を選択
3. プリントダイアログで用紙サイズや設定を変更
4. 「プリント」をクリック実際の結果:
・「プリント」を実行した直後に Illustrator がクラッシュして終了する
期待する結果:
・「プリント」を実行しても落ちずに、正常にプリント処理が行われる補足情報:
・データの複雑さやIllustratorの起動時間は関係ないように感じる
・他の EPSON 製プリンターでは同じ操作を行ってもクラッシュは発生しない
・DocuColor 1450 GA のプリンタードライバーを再インストールしたが、問題は改善しなかったクラッシュレポートのスクリーンショットを添付します。
2 votesIllustrator Beta 30.8.0.72 should have a fix for this.
Please check to see if the issue has been resolved.
-
特定のデータで印刷ができない
あるデータで印刷をするとメーターが100%で止まってしまい、印刷ができません。
しばらく待ってもプリンターが反応せず困っております。(プリンターダイヤログにも表示されません。)これ以外のデータは正常に印刷可能です。
キャンセルを押すとフリーズしている様子もなく、普通に印刷キャンセルされます。
新規ドキュメントを作成し、コピー貼り付けしてみましたが、それも同じ症状です。データ自体は他に比べ極端に重いデータでもなさそうです。(41956KB)
また、他のPC環境でも試しましたがどのPCを使っても同じ症状で、
そのデータの中の一部パスデータをラスタライズしたり、データ自体をPDF化すると印刷が可能でした。
出来ればPDF化などせずに印刷をしたいです。
何か解決方法がございましたらご教示をお願いいたします。<環境>
PC:Windows 10 Pro
バージョン:22H2
プロセッサ:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700T CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzillustrator CC v28.5
2 votesThe team would need to see into the document and know about your printer. Please send both the file and the specs via sharewithai@adobe.com
-
Jaggy / Pixelated prints from Illustrator
Illustrator only produces pixelated / jaggy print-outs. This issue persists at least since 2008. I suspect a printing engine that is made for PostScript printers. I only use normal printers (laser and ink jet, large and small).
ALL other apps print fine on these machines / systems / printers. The same vector document printed from Ai is jaggy - printed from other apps looks fine. -See attachment:
2 votes -
Illustrator Crashes When Printing to Trotec Laser Engraver
Anything above illustrator 23.0 crashes when printing to Trotec Laser Engraver.
2 votes -
Overprint Setting & colour settings
Issue one
Overprint can’t be applied to groups. Individual objects within that group remain unset to overprint, even though the tick box claims it’s overprinting — it is not. This is misleading & downright dangerous.Furthermore, the color issue shown in the video. Your objects should not do that, it again expands the risk for error. Basically all the print sensitive setting in AI latest version have stopped functioning logically, if you ask me & really up the risk for errors in print. Never mind that going through all objects individually is tedious & unnecessary, it prolongs the process &…
2 votes -
New update (v24.3) printer errors
After the latest Illustrator update (v24.3), it keeps giving me printing error messages. My printer drivers and etc are up-to-date. This is the first time this has happened in many years, I don't even remember the last time I had printer errors via Illustrator. I've used Ai for over 20 years of my professional design and illustration career, several of the Ai CC 2020 updates have been nothing but a royal pain-in-the-a$$ overloaded with glitches, bugs, and crashes. I've never been so frustrated with this beloved drawing program. Adobe, please get Adobe apps to work properly like it once was.…
2 votes -
Cannot print A3 at 100%
From my Mac running 10.15.4, A3 will not print correctly to my Epson WF 7720. No scaling is applied - it's at 100% both in the driver dialog and Illustrator itself - but the prints are coming out at 97.2% of what they should be.
8.5 x 11 prints work fine, and the same document prints correctly at A3 from within Inkscape.
2 votes -
Overprint is not maintained after making PDF - separation files are not correct
When using spot colors to overprint, the PDF files show knockouts in Acrobat. For example, when overprinting a 10% black square over a Pantone square, the result is a knockout, even though the attributes are set to overprint.
When correcting for this I tried the Transparency feature to make a 10% gray, but the result is an overprint with a screen for each plate where the overprint should occur. (see attached image) The only correct plates were produced by printing a postscript file and using distiller to create the plates. This did not happen is previous versions.
2 votes -
Problems with Illustrator crashing when printing ink separations as a PDF
I'm having problems with Illustrator crashing when printing ink separations as a PDF. I didn't have the issue before, but now I am. Thankfully I'm able to print my separations to the RIP just fine, so work can progress. However when I try to print separations as a PDF to look them over before sending to the rip, the program freezes and eventually crashes. Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be resolved?
2 votes -
making postscript file
i working with illustrator from cs4 and cs5.
in cs5 version of illustrator when i print my artwork to a postscript file with the generic post script driver, the default path for saving file was the path of saved current document or latest saved location, and that was very good and time saver for me.
but in CS6 and later versions, the default location for save file is "this pc" or my computer ...
and this is very time vested process.
with the best regards.
thank you2 votes -
Error: Can't print the illustration - Just updated to 23.0.1 - Trying to print to HP DesignJet 1055CM Plotter
Error: Can't print the illustration - Just updated to 23.0.1 - Trying to print to HP DesignJet 1055CM Plotter - I can print to a HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw just fine. If I don't get the Error then the program crashes.
Using Windows 10 on 64-bit PC.2 votes -
Illustrator CC 2018, will not print after recent upgrade.
Microsoft 10, Illustrator CC 2018, will not print after recent upgrade.
Photoshop does and all other programs will print.
What can I do to fix it or do you need to fix the bug.2 votesPlease get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
-
Ilustrator Crashes when printing to laser cutter.
Hello,
I typically use illustrator to print to our Epilog Mini Helix 24" Laser Cutter/Engraver. When printing, you go into setup, select the laser, then go into it's preferences to configure laser-specific settings. When you hit "Print" it sends the files to software provided by Epilog: Job Manager.This is an annoyingly repeatable problem, as I am not able to laser cut anything from Illustrator. It crashes every time.
However, in the past couple days this has suddenly stopped working. No matter what file I try to send to the job manager, the whole program crashes when I hit "Print."…
2 votesI am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.Thanks
Anish Kumar
Illustrator Team -
printing ppd changes
I go to print a file. Select my printer preset.
I get the error
"The specified PPD is invalid. The default PPD will be used."
I hit OK.
Print window pops back up
I manually select the printer. Hit print. I get another error that says" can't print file"
I hit OK
File -print again.
I manually select the printer and the ppd to match.
Make sure everything else. Size, placement of the file are okay. Hit Print. Then it will print.I tried resaving my preset, but this has not changed the issue.
It seems like as time has…
2 votes -
All printer functions bugged
Printing no longer works at all in Illustrator v22.0.0. Printing to our HP DesignJet 1100PS fails to pickup color representations as well as alignment. Additionally, printing to a laser cutter driver fails to render thin lines properly. Both of these functions work if exported to PDF, then printed from outside of Illustrator
2 votes -
some objects wont print
I am running illustrator CC 2018 on windows 8.1
When I print certain files certain objects will not print. I have attached an example of the result. When I print black and white it works. Another person in our company with the same update and similar computer is able to print with no problem. I was printing the same file fine before I updated to the 2018 version two days ago.2 votesPlease get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator -
Print menu resets to default when loading Pantone colour book
Bug - Print menu resets to default when selecting a Pantone colour from any book
This in turn causes print tiling, page size etc. to disappear. Then have to return to print dialogue and set everything back to A3, page tiling etc.Been persisting with this bug for over 6 months, very annoying.
2 votes -
Illustrator on Windows 11 does not reflect custom paper size selected in printer preferences
I use Adobe Illustrator for production label printing with a tsc label printer.
On Windows 10, when I opened Illustrator Print > Setup > Printer Preferences, changed or created a custom paper size, and clicked OK, the selected paper size was immediately reflected in Illustrator’s print dialog.
After upgrading to Windows 11, this no longer works.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open an Illustrator file.
2. Go to File > Print.
3. Click Setup / Preferences for the printer.
4. Create or select a custom paper size in the printer driver.
5. Click OK and return to Illustrator’s print dialog.Expected…
1 vote -
プリントアウトを途中でキャンセルすると操作できなくなる
プリントアウトが完了する前(ゲージが最後まで行く前)に途中でキャンセルボタンを押すと、
マウスやキーボードでの操作が一切効かなくなる。
カーソルは動くし、キーボードでショートカットキーを打ち込むと効いているような感じでメニューバーが反応はするが、まったく操作できなくなる。
アプリを終了することすらできなくなる(カーソルは動くのに)。
なので強制終了するしかなくなる。なお、強制終了のウィンドウを開いてもアプリ自体に問題ないように見えるが
実質フリーズしている状態。また、アプリを再起動しても、回線が混んでいるとのメッセージが出て
ファイルを開くのも非常に時間がかかる時がある。1 vote
- Don't see your idea?