Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When saving as PDF, downsampling does not function for images that are part of a transparency mask

Windows 10 - Illustrator CC Desktop

How to create issue:

Place a linked image. Use linked image with another object to create a transparency mask. Save as PDF. Adjust downsampling options. View created PDF with a PDF viewer and see that the image did not get downsampled. Also, look at file size of created PDF.

Release the transparency mask and resave with all other variables identical to other saved file. Open the file in a PDF viewer and see that it is properly downsampled. Also, look at file size and see that it is smaller than the other created PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export for Screen; Advanced settings; Include ICC profile checkbox doesn't work

When I choose Export for Screen... Gear icon (Advanced Settings for exported filetypes... JPG 100... uncheck "Embed ICC profile"... Save Settings; The ICC profile is still embedded upon export, and when I open the settings dialog again, the box has rechecked itself.
    This feature works correctly in the legacy "Save for web" tool.
    Please fix!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open dialog box Dimmed items that open

When opening files, and navigating with the Open window to a new folder. There are times items that clearly will open but are dimmed. Even folders have been shown dimmed today. Same with last version of Beta.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator crashes, hitting enter when importing a file

When choosing a file to import and you hit the enter button on the keyboard the whole app crashes ... impossible to do anything it just freezes and makes my whole Mac mini M1 freeze!!!!!

And if you have an other adobe app open this one will freeze too!

Please fix this, it's huge problem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug with text with DXF exported from Illustrator

With the new update 25.2.3 I have problems exporting DXF files from Illustrator.

Each time I do it the texts change of size to a very, very small one.

I export graphics to use them in Automatized Cut Machines but the texts do not appear in the right size. I had to keep and old version of illustrator 25.0 in order to be able to still use those machines.

What can I do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SVG Export - Compound Paths Cause Performance Issues & Unexpected Results

Windows 10, Illustrator 25.2.3 | System info attached and repro file attached.

There are 2 artboards and asset exports defined in the file.

They are the same illustration with 1 difference - the "grouped" version has a set of paths grouped together, and the "compound" version has those same paths combined into a compound path.

I ran 3 test exports with my repro file, increasing paths: first 500 paths, then 1000 paths, and finally 1500 paths. Here's the export times:

Test 1 | 0500 paths | Grouped: 10 seconds | Compound: 130 seconds
    Test 2 | 1000 paths | Grouped:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. An unknow error has occurred. Saving files simple or complex issues causing real loss of time and work!

Once error message shows no file will save even a simple square. This has been an issue that comes and goes.
    Often its the first file of the day from a fresh start up.
    One or multiple reboots clear it up the issue. The loss of time and the work performed is compiling into a real issue for us!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export as SVG does not properly respect letter-spacing style on text

When saving as SVG, the exporter temperamentally interprets letter-spacing as either 0 (no style exported) or "1". E.g. within Illustrator I might set letter-spacing to 185, this would be exported as just "1" without a unit. Furthermore, if I open the file again, Illustrator interprets this as "90", and if I save again, the exporter exports without any letter-spacing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export as SVG should respect all-caps style on text

Text in Illustrator file set with All-Caps style. When export as SVG, the style is lost. Either the style should be preserved, or, during export, the case should be hard-coded into the text (e.g. "Hello" styled as all-caps becomes "HELLO").

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export from Illustrator with "Export for screens" and Import to Unity, Size Bug

SYSTEM DETAILS
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer HP
    System Model OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

Illustrator 25.2.3 (64-bit)

Steps to reproduce (not consistently happening though?):
    - Make artboard in Illustrator 4096x4096 (or other power of 2 canvas)
    - Make something on it
    - Export for Screens, export artboard, png filetype
    - BUG: Exported .png has the dimensions 4097x4096 in Properties->Details
    - Import to Unity
    - Upgrade MaxSize compression to 4096
    -…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Exported ai files cannot be saved again

Problem Description:
    When exporting an ai file via script or action, the exported ai file cannot be [Save], [Save As], or [Save a Copy].

• Specify ILLUSTRATOR11 or lower for compatibility and true for saveMultipleArtboards.
    • This problem does not occur when ILLUSTRATOR12 or higher is specified or saveMultipleArtboards is false.
    • The version of the original ai file is not relevant to the operation.
    • It happens in both ExtendScript and AppleScript.

Environment:
    • macOS 10.14.6
    • Illustrator CS6(16.2.1)-2021(25.2.3)

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Open an appropriate ai file and execute the script in the [Code to execute] section.
    2.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Partially read the file disappears with legacy format

In Illustrator 25.2.3, myself, my client, his colleague, and their client, all run into a nasty bug where some ai files will not open.

The dialog saying Illustrator could only partially read the file will appear and the file can't be recovered properly. Sometimes the file(s) can be opened on a second attempt, but, we have found that only by saving the files in Legacy format, will this bug disappear and the files are usable once again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Illustrator ends up overwriting the file I opened incorrectly, causing huge damage

It had a file (unsaved) from a client open in the application, you need to open another file from another client, with a huge amount of material already approved in it. Illustrator not only did not open the file, but saved what was open in its place!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When saving as PDF, downsampling does not function for images that are part of a transparency mask

Windows 10 - Illustrator CC Desktop

How to create issue:

Place a linked image. Use linked image with another object to create a transparency mask. Save as PDF. Adjust downsampling options. View created PDF with a PDF viewer and see that the image did not get downsampled. Also, look at file size of created PDF.

Release the transparency mask and resave with all other variables identical to other saved file. Open the file in a PDF viewer and see that it is properly downsampled. Also, look at file size and see that it is smaller than the other created PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Beim Öffnen einer PDF werden Textzeilen in Pfade umgewandelt

Meistens wenn ich eine PDF-Datei in Illustrator öffne, gibt es die Meldung, dass die Schrift in einen Pfad geändert wird. Jetzt habe ich herausgefunden, dass der Grund dafür ein Fehler mit Ligaturen ist. Wenn Ligaturen wie fl oder fi verwendet werden, kommt diese Meldung.
    Es scheint, dass Illustrator die speziellen Glyphen nicht erkennen kann. Wenn keine Ligaturen in der PDF-Datei vorkommen, öffnet Illustrator diese problemlos und der Text ist editierbar.

Wolfgang J. Kremer
    Mac Pro 5.1, OSX 10.14, Creative Cloud

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 勝手にファイルが保存されてしまう

Adobe Illustrator 2020の一部のaiデータで保存する前にファイルと閉じようとすると、勝手に保存されてしまいます。環境設定の自動保存はすべてチェックを入れて外して適用したのですが変わりません。
    ファイルはクラウドドキュメントではなく、NASに配置しているファイルです。

しかも発生するときは何度か再起動すると発生しなくなりますので、バグではないかと考えています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告内容の詳細が不明なため、再現ができませんでした。
    お手数をおかけいたしますが、以下の内容を詳しく記載してください。

1. お使いのオペレーティングシステムおよび Adobe Illustrator (デスクトップ版) のバージョン
    2. 問題が発生したときの実行手順
    3. 実際の結果
    4. 期待される結果
    5. [必要に応じて] Illustrator ファイルまたはビデオをアップロードしてください。

よろしくお願いいたします。
    Illustrator チーム

18. Exportar para pantallas no respeta la medida de la mesa de trabajo

Version 25.2.3 sobre OSX 10.14.6
    Al exportar para pantallas, a una formato imagen JPG o PNG no respeta la medida de las mesas de trabajo. La mesa de trabajo miden 670x378px y el archivo exportado 671x378px. Las medidas del documento son pixeles.
    No hay forma de exportar correctamente y no tener que reajustar las medidas de los archivos?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Problems when saving first time after update

Hello everyone,

After this new update I got a weird bug: every time I try to save a file it gets me the error "Can't save the document <document name>. This file cannot be found" (screenshot attached). After I clicking save again it works just fine. It's not a big of a deal, but is really annoying get that popup every time I open a document, do some modifications and try to save again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base