Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

84 results found

1. Transform Panel in Properties – Nudge using arrow keys problem

In investigating my own question from in the user forum (https://forums.adobe.com/message/10238447#) I discovered that there is a disconnect between the Transform panel that is embedded in the properties panel and the Transform panel that you access via the Window dropdown.

The free floating TRANSFORM panel you access from the Window dropdown works just like it always did... when I put my cursor in the X, Y, W or H and click an up or down arrow key it first rounds to the nearest .125" then increases or decreases .125" at a time (assuming the units are set to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. layer

The layers panel does not work. You cannot turn layer visibility on or off. Even enable / disable the panel itself. It is necessary to correct this error!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Properties Panel Wrong Dimensions

Properties Panel constantly displaying wrong dimensions for width and height

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. chain icon in properties-window problem

the little chain icon in the properties-window usually displays the wrong state by startup of the program. as its klicked the first time it works fine. but not from the beginning. big issue i know but its annoying ;)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Apply value and keep text box active" using key command Shift + Return does not work on Mac OS

when you change something in the Character panel... for example the tracking... and you want to keep trying new values without selecting the field every time you used to be able to hit Shift + Return and it would automatically highlight the field while applying the current value... this made it easy to continue to try new amounts. PLEASE FIX THIS!!! Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Properties panel contents scaling and freezing

The contents of the Properties panel is scaling down to tiny sizes. It doesn't reset until you quit and reopen Illustrator (CC 2018).

The scaling happens with ⌘+scroll while hovering on the panel. The contents will scale up or down as long as you are holding the ⌘, but if you let it go while the contents are scaled down the panel with freeze at that scale and won't respond to ⌘+scroll anymore. The panel's functions still seem to work fine after this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shape panel measurements vs. Transform panel measurements

The measurements (width and height) on the Shape panel are inverted compared to the measurements on the Transform panel. The transform panel shows the correct measurements, but no the Space panel. Please fix so that both panels have the same measurement.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Properties panel bug

When you edit word in properties panel and you want to change first few letters in word from normal to bold. It will show you change but when you deselect type tools it will change entire word to bold. But if you go trough type panel everything is fine.

And if you change stroke size in properties panel to 0,5 pt it will apply 5 pt, for 0,25 pt 25 pt and for 0,75pt 75pt stroke.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Transform panel units different than Properties panel's Transform section

Transform panel reads in inches as it should but in the properties panel the transform panel shows points. Latest version of Illustrator CC2018, Windows 7. Also if the values are unlinked to resize only 1 dimension both still change.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can't Edit Text in a Group/Clipping Mask

In 2018 AI CC, after using a group/clipping mask with text on the inside, you can not edit your text when you double click on the clipping group/mask directly. The Properties panel doesn't display the character settings. See my screenshot

So, to get around this, I have to cut the text out, paste on the main layer, edit it and then cut/paste it back inside my group/clipping mask.
    Or, release the entire mask, make my edits then re-group/mask it afterwards. Or I have to open the separate character panel.

As opposed to the way it should. The only way the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Opacity section in Properties Panel does not inform about blend modes

If there is a blending effect applied in the opacity settings the properties panel does not reflect the blending mode. You have to click on the appearance panel or opacity to see if one is applied. Took me a few minutes to trouble shoot why an element was not visible. It would be nice if buried settings would show up if selected in the properties panel since it was designed to make the interface more simple.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Decimal delimiter gets ignored in values

When i want to choose the thickness for a line for example 0.25 mm / 0,25 mm AI automatically turns it into 25 mm.
    In Denmark we use " , " and in USA they use " . " for decimals. I'm pretty sure.
    I have Windows 10 whit english UI but danish system settings and Danish keyboard. And all my Adobe products in English or US. I'm not sure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Properties panel causing inconsistent tab group behaviour

The new Properties panel has a fixed width. When it's in a tab group with panels that don't have a fixed width (eg. the Layers panel), the tab group exhibits different behaviours depending on whether the tab group is docked or free-floating.

When the tab group is free floating, switching between the tabs causes the panel to change width according to each tab's setting, which is what you would expect. Eg. Go to the Layers tab and make the panel very wide. Switch to the Properties tab and the panel auto-shrinks. Switch back to the Layers panel and the width…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Illustrator has bugs to support variable font with 3 attributes

This is a sample font which to demo the variable font has 3 attributes (weight/height/Optical Size).

If use Illustrator's Character panel to adjust the height attributes, the weight attributes would no work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Replace Symbol widget missing from new Properties Panel - Needs Consistent Behavior

Maybe I'm missing something, but if I have a symbol sitting on an artboard, the Properties Panel will have the "Replace Symbol" drop-down widget so that I can easily change it.

However - if that same symbol is grouped, or displayed under a clipping mask - direct-selecting it (Control + Click) - this option will be missing from the Properties panel.

CC 2017 did not behave this way - and the toolbar at the top of the window would always show this option when a symbol was selected. For users who utilize a lot of symbols within working files, or…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. panel stuck under menubar

When Ai is displayed on a secondary monitor, if that second monitor is off and than on again, all properties panel moved back to the primary display, some of them being stuck under the Mac OS menubar--where it becomes impossible to move the panels again. Fixes include choosing a fresh unused workspace, but repeating the sequence damages that workspace. Also workspaces saved while using a second monitor don't honor that layout when selected again.
    Please fix! Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Palettes/Panels are broken all over!

This is not just in AI. It's in PS, and ID as well. Can't make selections in pull down menus. It keeps reverting back to the default. Can't enter values in fields and use tab to move to the next field. Awfully annoying! What I want to know is what was the QC department doing before releasing this terrible package?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. dot instead of comma

Illustrator cc 2018. In the new property panel. At least in the spanish version, the line width of 0,5 mm appears as 0.5 and when selected it creates a line of 5 mm.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Inconsistent dot/comma stroke pulldown menus

just noticed something strange in the pulldown menu of the new Properties panel. The values for thickness are marked with a dot for decimals, while all the other panels use a comma.

In the picture you can see the pull down showing values with ".xx pt" while the stroke has a thickness of ",xx pt" (obtained through the Strokes panel)

This causes the 0.5pt selection in the Properties menu to make strokes with a 5 pt thickness, and NOT 0.5 pt.
    (When I select the thickness through the regular Strokes panel it says 0,5 pt and ends up with 0,5…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base