Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mouse is not moving objects after the latest CC update!

After updating latest CC Illustrator update my mouse no longer can drag objects i can only use the arrow keys to do this. It was working fine yesterday. Work fine in any other programme such PS, Ms PPT.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'creat

Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files

No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'create PDF compatible file', etc...), if I save as a PDF, the PDF will show up saying "This is an Adobe Illustrator File that was saved without PDF content" etc... Is this a version 2019 bug???

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preferences reset whenever Illustrator freezes/crashes

Illustrator freezes or crashes 1 to 2 times a day. I use it for 8 hours a day at work. When it freezes, I have to force quit with Task Manager. I'm using 2020, and I had this exact issue with 2019. However with 2020, whenever it freezes and I force quit, once I open Illustrator again all of my preferences are back to default. These preferences include: custom Keyboard Shortcuts, the workspace, boxes that have been checked (e.g. the Preview box in Envelope Distort).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 24.0 crash

Positive: when it does crash files are recovered,
    negative it does crash often... at least once or twice per day.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator crashes with every use. First, the drop menus depopulate, next the save dialog box dissapears, and then the program freezes

My issues with illustrator 2019 started with previous update, but I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 and it's still a problem. Seems I've been lucky though to have this only happen to me recently. People have been raising their hands on this being an issue for them since October 2018! Unbelievable. So what's the solution?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Lag and Illustrator "Not Responding" after copy command

The platform is: Illustrator 23.0.6 64-bit, on Win10 Enterprise 1903 latest updates, and with nVidia drivers R430 U5 (431.70).

The bug is that Illustrator freezes for ~5 seconds after/during a simple copy command, and "Not Responding" is displayed on the top title bar. This can be induced by just opening a new file, drawing a rectangle, then trying to copy it (with Ctrl-C or with the menu command).

This is destroying my workflow...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Gradients Crashing Illustrator

Every time I drag a color swatch, whether an existing swatch or eye-dropped, into my gradient panel, Illustrator crashes. I'm also having issues with my gradient sliders spazzing out when trying to drag them. It causes my program to freeze up. I have one file open and only five gradients in my file, so not enough to overload illustrator. It's making my job extremely hard to do. I have also restarted and tried re-installing illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. lag issue with Blob Brush

Major issue with Blob Brush lagging (if using either mouse OR tablet). When using Blob brush on earlier versions, no lag at all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. persistent selection and precision issues...and Adobe doesn't seem to give a f*ck

I used to love Illustrator, now, I HATE it. Since the switch to CC, it's been problematic and buggy and nothing ever seems to get fixed. In fact, the entire program has gotten worse over time and it's obvious that Adobe doesn't give a **** about their customers.

The overall lack of precision and the issues with the selection tools are driving me insane. I have to repeat movements numerous times and/or have to zoom in hundreds or thousands of percent to do complete the simplest of tasks...like scaling or adjusting width/height. Illustrator rotates the shape instead, or randomly switches…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Every time Illustrator start, CEPHTMLengine steal focus by constantly being killed/crash and restarted

This is a bug, not an idea.
    I'm using Illustrator 2019 with full Adobe CC over Windows 7 pro, Since the update from 2018 every time I start Illustrator all other windows loose focus every 20sec, including Illustrator. I can not even type a full sentence when illustrator is ON. Once Illustrator is closed, the normal focus returns.
    I noticed that the CEPHTMLEngine start when Illustrator start and its being killed or crash every 20sec and then is restarted, This restart steal focus from any program running in windows. The cycle continues until Illustrator is closed.

I'm behind a corporate…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Memory overload

Illustrator is chewing up every mb of memory of my computer until it then crashes. nothing else is open on my computer. no files are open with illustrator itself. yet its memory usage grows from 0-40gb then the program crashes due to lack of memory. ive clicked the repair bug button it pops up with. ive un installed and re in stalled. creative cloud did some update and install. ive turned my computer off and on. nothing fixes it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pathfinder join groups insteads of joining path

Pathfinder join is no longer working, it will group the items but will not make 1 single shape, or compound path

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 23.0.1 Consistent Crash - Trying to record a transparency adjustment in an Action

I'm using an iMac with Mojave 10.14 and Illustrator 23.0.1.

I'm getting a crash while recording an action with a grouped object selected, I try to edit a transparency via the Properties menu. The crash is within one to two seconds of hitting enter on this change, consistently. Seems like it's another part of the memory leak that's happening?

I'm rolling back to 22.1 until this is resolved.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Illustrator not working after Oct 2018 update (version 23.0)

Since the Oct 2018 update, I cannot open or use the program. I see this screen (see attached). Also, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but since the update a folder has appeared on my desktop named 'GPUCache' with 5 files inside (photo attached)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. can't move objects

I created an object and then if I try to move it anywhere else in the document it just dings at me. I can move it with the arrow keys but not with the selection arrow. I have read all of the posts and tried everything suggested. Including reinstalling Illustrator and nothing works. I have checked to make sure the box is not checked to move by path only. As it is, Illustrator at the current moment is totally unusuable. I am going to have to use Inkscape. I want my Illustrator to work. This is why i pay big…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Illustrator 21.1 slows down

After using Illustrator 21.1 for a period of time - usually over 20 minutes - the software becomes increasingly slow, laggy, unresponsive. Quitting and restarting Illustrator fixes this, but it then happens again. And again.
    I have tried using fresh preferences: it makes no difference.
    PC system is Intel i5-7600K @ 3.80GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1050Ti, up-to-date drivers, up-to-date Windows 10.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No longer able to use the arrow up/down keys to nudge artwork!

For some reason the arrow keys stopped working after the lastest upgrade. arrrrgh… I cannot use the up/down arrow keys to nudge artwork anymore. My workaround is to open the transform tool/panel, and play with the “X” or “Y” numbers to get a little “nudge”… so annoying! The only thing that changed on my end was that I updated the Illustrator software recently, so thinking this is an Adobe issue and not user error. Can you please fix this? Macbook pro (Retina mid 2014) OS X El Capitan.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PDF Press from InDesign dropped in Illustrator = missing gradient text paragraphs

We have an issue with an InDesign PDF Press Quality opened in Illustrator...

Our InDesign file is OK. The PDF PRESS exported from InDesign is OK.
    Both are showing a gradient type below the black type and print well on our XEROX proofer (see file PDF from InDesign).

When we open this PDF PRESS in Illustrator, the gradient type below the black type disappear (see file PDF from InDesign opened in Illustrator).
    We tried with regular type and outlined type in InDesign. Same results.

PDF Press is also attached.

The workaround was to export the InDesign file as an EPS…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Text spacing

There is some kind of problem with the text spacing feature. It has been causing issues such as duplication of previous text, deleting text from another part of the page, causing all text to be spaced incorrectly and more.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Slow doing anything.

When I open the program, everything is going and moving fast, after awhile it gets really slow!
    I understand that it maybe after awhile the cache gets full and the program gets to operate slower but this is not the case here.
    With previous versions I didn't have to close and open the program in order for it to speed up. I would go for weeks not needing to close it. Right now in just couple of hours the program works from fast to being slow for no reason.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base