Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Art will not display, instead art flashes occasionally while alternating with an all-white & all-orange pasteboard.

MacOS 11.3.1
    MacBook Pro 13 Inch M1 2020
    Illustrator 25.4.1

Illustrator opens fine. however, once I open a document or create a new one, any interaction with the artboard causes the art to disappear and be replaced by flashing color blocks, sometimes white, sometimes orange, sometimes blue, and very occasionally I can see a glimpse of the art if I hold the command key.

• Switching off GPU acceleration does not make anything better.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator made the problem less profound. The art looks fine until I try to click on anything, then disappears into a field…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Documents are marked as changed immediately after opening in 25.4.1.

Since updating to 25.4.1, many documents are marked as having been edited immediately after opening them, instead of after actually changing anything.

I have not yet tracked down if there is anything documents doing this have in common. The more effects they have in them, the more likely they are to have this happen.

I've attached one of the simpler documents that's displaying this behavior.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Poor export image quality from Export for Screens

Images from artboards containing embedded raster files output using Export for Screens are broken.

This is being reposted as it has been closed erroneously by Adobe admins.
    Notes for Admins: This is not a resolution export setting problem. This is also not a rendering intent problem (i.e. changing the anti-aliasing setting does not fix the problem.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Poor export image quality from Export for Screens

Images from artboards containing embedded raster files output using Export for Screens are of decidedly lower quality than those output from Save for Web.

Notes for Admins: This is not a resolution export setting problem. This is also not a rendering intent problem (i.e. changing the anti-aliasing setting does not fix the problem.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Poor quality images from Export for Screens

Images from artboards containing embedded raster files output using Export for Screens are of decidedly lower quality than those output from Save for Web.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Poor quality images from Export for Screens

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 横向き棒グラフツールの数値の座標軸の変更

1.お使いのオペレーティングシステムおよび Adobe Illustrator (デスクトップ版) のバージョン

Windows 10  25.3.1

2.問題が発生したときに実行していた手順

横向き棒グラフツールの数値の座標軸を変更して
    最大値500,000 間隔を7にする

3.想定していた結果

最大値と間隔が正常に表示される

4.実際の結果

最大値の数値と目盛りが表示されない

5. [必要に応じて] Illustrator ファイルまたはビデオをアップロードしてください。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0-discussions/%E6%A8%AA%E5%90%91%E3%81%8D%E6%A3%92%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%81%AE%E4%BD%BF%E3%81%84%E6%96%B9/td-p/12392650
    コミュニティで質問し、回答をいただきました。
    こちらをご覧になってください。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text gets smaller if used as a clipping object

When I set cap height of a text object to be exactly 10 mm, and then use it a clipping objects to clip an art, the height of the font gets smaller, although Ai still thinks it’s exact.

Please see the file and GIF attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. performance issue / masking & symbols

was working with spraying symbols to create a pattern, and then masking it. symbol spraying etc, work great, until you mask them (transparency mask or clipping mask) after which any editing of symbols grinds to a halt.

even after unmasking, the symbols still cannot be quickly edited.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. moving a path to an invisible group still enables me to edit

Hi, I was painting a path with the blob brush, then i decided to paint a new path on top of the other one and i didnt want to join with the original, so I moved the original to an invisible group and proceeded to paint the new path, for my surprise the original in the invisible group joined with the new path, I don't see this like a feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save in background corrupting files! + AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU causing crashes

iMac (Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2020)
    3.6 GHz 10-core Intel Core i9
    72GB Ram
    GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16GB
    Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7/ Big Sur 11.5.2

My files has been corrupting making them useless and I have lost hours of work. (illustrator 25.4.1 on mac os Catalina/ Big Sur). I reached out to adobe support telling me ONLY to work from my download folder?! And never on external drives...?! I've worked from both internal and external drives since the birth of both illustrator and photoshop...for 20 years + now, never having this problem before. Files are 100mb +…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Error opening Edit menu

Not sure when this started happening. When a graphic object is selected on the artboard (JPEG in this case), the Edit tab in the main menu bar produces an error when clicked on. Other tabs seem fine. When trying to open the Edit menu, the attached error pops up. Once the error is dismissed, the dropdown menu opens. This happens every time the process is repeated. It is not helped by restarting either Illustrator or the Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot select text with selection tool

macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
    Illustrator 25.4

REALLY ANNOYING cannot select text with direct selection tool. The nearest line is selected instead, clicking anywhere near that Area text doesn't have an effect. Sometimes it works, but 99% of the time not. Only just noticed this today with recent upgrade.
    By the way, pretty serious bug I'd say, not being able to select stuff. Saw there was a similar bug in 2018 reported with Adobe saying it had been fixed in later version. Well, it's back!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix Creative Cloud - files can't be retrieved but cloud says no sync errors

Operating system: MacOS Big Sur Version 11.6
    Adobe Illustrator: 25.4.1

Trying to open a cloud document but they don't seem to exist/can't be opened as I cannot access my docs in the cloud.
    I have restarted, updated etc etc and still, when I want to access my cloud docs Illustrator says "Something went wrong, please restart the app and try again"
    I've also tried accessing from the Creative Cloud app where I have gone to my library and my cloud documents, nothing loads up - it just spins seemingly forever.
    Weirdly though, in Illustrator on my iPad Pro it says…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. separation preview isnt working with eps files with the new update

I used to place eps files into a new work space and the separation preview would show the color separation, the new update wont show any colors nor even cmyk like it used to before you places a linked image. how do i fix this issue? when an older version od ai is installed it works fine but the new update has stopped working

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Helpx practice files not loading in Ai

I am trying to go through a helpx tutorial to learn illustrator. I downloaded the practice file on helpx but am getting an error when trying to open it in illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Learning and Help  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [BUG] .PNGs displaying as though they have a drop shadow

.png files are displaying as though a drop shadow has been added to them - files display correctly in Photoshop. Document I've been working in is CMYK.

Windows 10 Enterprise
    Illustrator 25.4.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Path render error

See screenshot. All I did was add opacity to a path and it renders it like this. Happens all the time since I updated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. AI 25.4.1 GPU performance still very slow, cannot easily editing previous version files

Since AI 25.2 I've had problems editing files. With GPU features enabled, all UI functions, selecting, deselecting, all mouse dragging functions, menu selections are all extremely slow to respond, I'm talking several seconds between responses to clicks and movement. Turning off "Real Time Editing" helps somewhat, delays are shortened, but still very difficult to work with. Disabling Animated-zoom has no effect. Disabling GPU entirely, improves selection and dragging, but there is still a delay of several seconds after releasing the mouse button. This behavior seems restricted to editing files prior to v25.2, but not all. Preforming a "SaveAs" over the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 292 293
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base