3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Double Click To Isolate" preference does not work

Using the direct selection tool to try and double-click your way to grabbing a grouped object within another group of grouped objects fails. It simply doesn't select any of the other elements. This is a paralysing bug that may well see me dumping my CC subscription and going back to Illustrator CS5 or 6. From what I read, this bug is old so why hasn't Adobe fixed it?
    Attached is the file with the bug. Try double-clicking the green nodes on the chart with the direct selection tool. It should grab all the dots. Then expand out and grab the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Double Click To Isolate" preference does not work

Using the direct selection tool to try and double-click your way to grabbing a grouped object within another group of grouped objects fails. It simply doesn't select any of the other elements. This is a paralysing bug that may well see me dumping my CC subscription and going back to Illustrator CS5 or 6. From what I read, this bug is old so why hasn't Adobe fixed it?
    Attached is the file with the bug. Try double-clicking the green nodes on the chart with the direct selection tool. It should grab all the dots. Then expand out and grab the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Only Black Screen display

When creating a new document or opening an existing document in Illustrator, I get a black screen (see attached). I have to resize the window to be able to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to change language

Windows 10, CC2020.

I am unable to change the Installation language of Illustrator. No matter what I do it always installs itself as English (International). I am trying to change it to Norwegian to record a tutorial. This often happens, but with CC apps it is **** to efficiently try to change app languages. Fiddling with obscure settings files, renaming folders, reinstalling applications, or sometimes being forced to reinstall every single CC app and do a complete cleaning of the system.

IT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE LANGUAGE DROP-DOWN IN PREFERENCES. /rant

What I have attempted:

1. I created a new Windows…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tangent points move away from the path they are on after it is distorted

When you have a path (A), that starts on the curved segment of another path (B), and you distort them both as a single object, the starting point of the path A gets shifted so it doesn't lie on the path B anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. プロパティパネルだけが英語表記になってしまう。

プロパティパネルが英語表記になってしまう。
    プロパティパネル以外は日本語表記のまま。
    環境設定やAdobeCCの設定を確認しても、言語の欄は日本語になっいる。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pathfinder

EVERY TIME I try to use the Unite function on the pathfinder, I end up with the spinning wheel of death.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Not Compatible"

I have a MacBook Pro, El Capitan 2015. The Adobe Suite is now saying all of my apps are "Not Compatible". I tried restarting my computer and the Adobe system multiple times. I was on the phone for over 3 hours with Adobe, no help, just said my computer is too old.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Clipping Mask Wont Work on version 24.1.1

Everytime I walk through what is on your clipping mask page nothing works to create the mask on this new update. You Broke Something. Please fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pdf Import options

if I choose a page in the graphical window I want to open that page not the first one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Recent files list is old / wrong

When I open Illustrator the recent files list is 2+ months old.

Illustrator 24.1
    macOS Catalina 10.15.4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pinch to Zoom not working

Seems this issue has been beaten to death with no resolution...Pinch to zoom and two finger panning does not work for me. I am using a Dell XPS 15" 9570 with everything updated. Macbook does this feature flawlessly however not on windows. I know I am not the only one. PLEASE fix this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot use the Script in Illustrator 20 for Mac to create PDFs

I used to save all my ai files in Illustrator as PDFs and SVGs using the SaveDocsAsPDF and SaveDocsasSVG. The SVGs work but the when I go to open up the PDFs I get the error message attached. So now I have to go into each ai file and save it manually as a pdf. It takes a lot of time when you ave 30+ files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Crashing, can't open

Illustrator crashes everytime I try to open it, whether opening a file or just the app. I have tried reinstalling it. I am using a brand new Dell computer (Windows 10 Pro, Illustrator version 42.1.1).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Typos in menu

Typos in the Layers' hamburger menu "grpahics" instead of "graphics"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't open eps file with error that my copy out of date but if I have cloud version how can it not be latest version of illustrator?!

Win 10 with CC subscription

Can't open eps file on Illustrator, says my version not current enough. I pay for monthly cc subscription so wouldn't I by definition be on the latest?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. File Save Incomplete?

I was working on a file for about 8 hours yesterday and was continuously saving it. The autosave was also triggering throughout my work.

However, when I started Illustrator today, the file is completely unchanged from its state on Monday. The thumbnail in the Home menu shows my progress from last night, but the file itself only contains the old data.

There have been no other save issue on that disk. I was able to save an XD file's progress in the same directory — at the same time — last night (shown in attachment) before shutting down my PC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Save dialog box not showing on 24.1

At Saving a document for a first time, it only appear the window box with nothing on it. Until I change of Desktop, everything appear in the dialog box, then I can go back to the Illustrator desktop, put a name to the file and save without more issues. I've downgraded to previous release (24.0.3) and everything works fine again.
    I use Mac 10.15.3, Multiple Desktops (One for Photoshop, one for InDesign, one for Illustrator), iMac 5K 24 GB RAM - 2 GB VRAM. The Illustrator version failing: 24.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PNG export always clips to to artboard (not item)

AI 24.1.1
    Windows 10 1909

Scripts we've always used to export PNGs for use in other projects don't work in AI 2020. They still work fine in "Legacy CC" versions (eg 2018 22.1).

When we run the script, all the PNGs come out clipped to the artboard rather than to the item bounds.

There seem to be a lot of bugs with exporting in this release - we don't know if its related to a general issue, or specifically has to do with scripting. Do we need to update the script in line with changes to the Extendscript standards (info?),…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [>MIT]

I get the error "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [>MIT]" and once I hit the ok button it closes down. I have uninstalled three times, wiped all preferences, restarted the computer. Nothing I am doing is working. Help! TIA

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base