Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. export for screens antialiasing not working

Whenever you use export for screens, the antialiasing for "art" is not working and you get jagged edges on all images. This has been like that for a while. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding swatch to Libraries automatically creates spot color

Adding a swatch from Illustrator into a Library automatically turns the color into a spot color. I need it to be a process color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dragging Live Corners Rotates Object Instead of Rounding the Corner

Version: Illustrator 24.3

Expected result:
    Hovering over a live corner and dragging it should let me round the corner.

Actual result:
    Dragging a live corner more often than not rotates the object instead. Only by making sure my cursor is hovering as far away as it can be from the corner, but still showing the curve icon and dragging can I consistently get the right behaviour. Otherwise it rotates the object instead.

This has been something I've experienced since at least March, and there's an Adobe Support Community post about this same issue from April…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File name wrong when exporting an Illustrator file as a PNG (it uses the files previous name)

If you have an illustrator file open and resave it with a new name - when you then export that file as a PNG it keeps the name that you previously used - not the new saved name. When exporting I have to manually change the name to be the new name I have just given the file. Very annoying when you have to create numerous files off of one original document which you need to keep exporting as a PNG. Even more annoying is when you have exported the file and it is saving over the previous one you…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mouse/Tablet issues when using Hej Stylus! in combination with Ai

Operating system: macOS 10.15.6
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    Wacom Tablet, Intros Pro, or Cintiq 24 HD f.i.

Broken: Ai CS6+

Eilert from Hej Stylus! writing. Hej Stylus! is a tool that smoothes tablet output amongst other features.
    Hej Stylus! pulls live tablet event data and re-infuses altered events back into the macOS event stream using:

CGEvent.tapCreate(tap: .cgSessionEventTap,

place: .headInsertEventTap,

options: .defaultTap,

Using any of Hej Stylus!' position smoothing algos creates cursor issues in Ai - on tablet use only. Mouse is not affected.
    Using Tablet devices causes blender to 'use'…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Single pixel width and height added when using "Export as"

I am trying to do some titles for a video 1920 x 1080 resolution, and when "export as" is used to rasterise the the title panels, they come out at 1921 x 1081 which is causing many problems down stream of the files I created.

Ai V24.3
    Mac Os V10.14

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. won't save

Nothing happened when I clicked Save or Save as... The only way was to export for screen as a PDF and then relaunch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Vecter convert to raster?

When i do clipping mask and saved to lower version to cs4, the vector turn to raster every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CC Library not loading or window freezes

When I open the libraries panel, I can either see all my assets but can't click on any of them or use them, can't scroll, and can't change the library, OR the panel loads assets at a large preview scale and is un-navigable. I have experienced this in Photoshop as well. Using newest version of each

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Save for Web Preview

This has bugged me for a very long time. When exporting, often the image looks like it will be missing a pixel width along the edge unless you increase the image size to go over the artboard vs. exactly fitting the artboard.
    I check the dimensions of the art and, for example, it's 1920x1080 perfectly aligned in the corner at x=0 and y=0, yet you can see the missing pixel along the left edge. And, if I export it, it indeed is missing the pixel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save for Web Preview

This has bugged me for a very long time. When exporting, often the image looks like it will be missing a pixel width along the edge unless you increase the image size to go over the artboard vs. exactly fitting the artboard.
    I check the dimensions of the art and, for example, it's 1920x1080 perfectly aligned in the corner at x=0 and y=0, yet you can see the missing pixel along the left edge. And, if I export it, it indeed is missing the pixel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File saving issue

Hi,

I'll give you an example:
    I work with a slightly heavy multi-artboard illustrator file.
    After making the neccessary design changes, I press Ctrl+S to save the .ai file.
    Then I wait for a second until it starts showing the percentage of the saving progress in the "filename tab". When the percentage shows up, it means that I can -meanwhile- press Ctrl+Shift+S to also save the file as a .PDF. Everything seems fine so far - the dialogue shows up, I rename the file, press Save, select my PDF saving preferences (with Preserve AI editing ability unchecked...), and hit Save…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Transparency / Blending Modes stuck

I experience regularly that Transparency and Blending modes doe not relfect what the controls / parameters say.

An example in the screenshots: the Triangles with the green Gradient are Blending Mode Normal / 100% (have been transparent before, but switched back). On white everything seems normal, but as soon as the blue background is switched on, we see that the blending mode is not Normal. The selection is not part of a Group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pixel perfect bug

AsI'm "Exporting for Screens" few dartboards at once I have 300 by 600 pix one. It is EXACTLY this size as dartboard, but the JPG comes az 300 by 601 pix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pixel perfect bug

AsI'm "Exporting for Screens" few dartboards at once I have 300 by 600 pix one. It is EXACTLY this size as dartboard, but the JPG comes az 300 by 601 pix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Arabic / Hindi Diacritical Marks Editing Problem/Bug in Illustrator

HINDI / ARABIC SPEAKERS PLEASE HELP! Theres a huge problem or bug in illustrator i think... After I inputted the Diacritics (not full letters but symbols) for Arabic / Hindi (Devanagari) , I could not edit them. The type box for these Diacritical marks automatically disappear and can not change / edit / move them afterwards. This doesn't happen with other letters in the Arabic / Devanagari script hat are not diacritical marks - which i could select, move and edit on AI... (notice the messy Arabic diacritical marks on keys Q-W-E-R-T which i could not edit, and on keys…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. cuting master 4

cuting master 4 a disparus de du programme dans l'onglet fichier

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. AIX file opens as blank white square

Working in Windows 10 Pro and Adobe Illustrator 24.3

Hi, I've recently run into the issue of not being able to open AIX files in illustrator despite having logged in to ArcGIS Online. Now, when I open an AIX file I'm just given a blank white square without any of my layers. I haven't had this issue before, so I'm wondering what is causing it. Any help would be appreciated. File I'm trying to open is attached as well as a screen grab of what I'm seeing when I try to open it.
    Thanks!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base