2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. toolbars missing + no reset available!

All my toolbars are missing. Updated to last version after that happened - no change.

RESET button on toolbars does not work.

only ESSENTIALS CLASSIC toolbar selection allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Minor issue - Old date on splash screen (2019 instead of 2020)

I launched version 24.2.3 and noticed that it says © 1987-2019 instead of © 1987-2020 on the splash screen. Other up-to-date Adobe apps says 2020.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tilde key not working

My Tilde/Graves accent key is no longer working to transform a pattern within an object. Normally, I can rotate or move around a pattern when I hold it down without moving the object. It hasn't worked since my last update.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy/Paste No Longer Working

Upon opening Illustrator, copy/paste feature will work once, then will not work again. Have tried various troubleshooting methods and adjusting settings others have had with similar issues to no avail. This is costing me money. I'm under deadlines.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bounding box shows „more“ then just the selected object

Now the bounding box shows everything that's attached to the object. For example, if you add a blur as an effect to a vector, the box shows not the object itself, but also the effect, which makes it impossible to properly position the object at the right spot.
    That should be corrected. If it is not a bug but a feature at least something like a checkbox (or something similar in the preferences of the programme) should be added for the user to decide whether he wants all effects, contours brushes etc. to be included in the visible bounding box…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Measurements of objects

OS X 10.15.6, Illustrator 24.2.3

I guess it is a new feature so that it works like in Indesign. That is at least annoying, at worst horribly dangerous for users who work with exact measurements:
    You draw a path and make it 100 mm x 100 mm. By adding an outline of 5 mm the new measurements are 105 mm x 105 mm. I know that is the way to work with in an optical way, but if you want to have the path itself 100 mm x 100 mm, then that really sucks.
    Suggestion would be a checkbox (or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cursor in palette fields is almost not visible

The cursor in any field where you can insert values is so light that you can almost not see it.
    The contrast in the fields should be increased so that the cursor is visible again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cursor in palettes doesn't highlight the content

• If you are in a field in the transform palette (e.g. the x-field where you can define the x-position of an object) and then use the tab key to hop to the next field [y-value] then usually the content of that field is highlighted so that you can simply override the existing value. Now the cursor jumps to the end of the field value and instead of overriting it adds the new value that you type. Very annoying as every other field is not doing that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. “Save As” now selects not only the filename but also the extension

The selected area as of now was only the filname without the extension. That allowed you to simply give the file a new name. Now that the whole field (including the extension) is selected, you should give your new file an extension manually.
    That should be corrected.

P.S.: If you export files then this „behaviour” doesn't occur.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. shortkeys no longer functions 24.2.3 de bewerking kan niet worden voltooid wegens een onbekende fout [ TAdd]

The shortkeys no longer function, restoring my installation to an older version does not solve the problem. When opening the application a message is shown, the same message appears when in illustrator I go to the tab of shortcuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ui disappeared after update

After the most recent update, it looks like most of the ui has disappeared. Switching to EssentiaIs didn't fix it. I can still add windows (see attached)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Blank pop-up window appears after opening an .ai file

Currently running:
    macOS Catalina v. 10.15.6
    iMac 27"
    3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1GB Graphics card

Everytime I open an .ai file a blank dialog box appears with nothing on it except for the close/minimize buttons on the top left. I'm able to close the box out and view my work but this happens every time I open a file. Also attached a screen shot as well as spindump of Adobe Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Saving of files DISCARDED in certain conditions

When I'm in the midlle of saving a file, (so while I get the progress percents next to the name of the file) if I press CTRL + SHIFT + S, it DISCARDS the saving of the .ai, no warning message as it previously did (something along the lines "The document "***" is currently getting saved. Try again after the process is complete") and proceeds with exporting the PDF, leaving me with an old version of the .ai file, and with a PDF that it's up to date.
    Windows 10
    Illustrator 24.2.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. update 24.2.3 so glitchy - pasting and moving deletes blur and brushes

On iMac Mojave 10.14.6 the Ilustrator Update 24.2.3 is very glitchy. When pasting and moving artwork it deletes Gaussian blur and brushes from pasted artwork so then I have to redo all the work again by selecting and clicking on the appearance. ( see pics 1 and 2) Also when reflecting an object it defaults to an angle and not flipped as normal. Please fix, thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change Illustrator paste offset distance to closer to cursor inside of viewing area

Illustrator often pastes objects randomly outside of my viewing area, and I have to zoom out and scroll over to get it. I want to change the offset distance so it pastes inside my view area, not outside of it. OR, make it paste near where the cursor is, not way off somewhere.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Eyedropper STILL not wroking on grouped objects in Illustrator 24.2.3

When using the eyedropper on grouped objects, it'll show correctly in the color panel, but it'll only apply the stoke color to the group. Please fix this! The eye dropper has not worked for grouped objects for way too long now.
    Windows 10
    Illustrator 24.2.3

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Illustrator très lent depuis la dernière MAJ. MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

J'ai fait une mise à jour il y a environ 3 semaines et je viens d'en faire une autre. Depuis la première MAJ, mon Illustrator est très lent, ce ne travaille pas bien du tout.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Transparent PNG exporting fine but gives black background when importing

I used Illustrator 24.1.1 to export transparent PNG images. I can use these images in other programs and as web images but when I want to use them in Illustrator again it opens with a black background. I've tried to copy and paste the images, I've tried to place it and even to open it and then drag it to my workspace. Nothing works. I'm using Windows 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Duplicate ai files while working

I have to work remotely from a server at my job. For months now, Illustrator will create these strange duplicates of a file I work on, even if I haven't saved the file. There's no pattern to when these files are made, as I sometimes use a variable import script to btach multiple files at once, but not all files are duplicated. Please refer to the screen capture I includes.

In that folder, there should only be 2 AI files, man and woman. But without my prompting, it created those duplicates, and they can't be deleted without rebooting your computer…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base