2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Artboard Size in Properties Panel Arrow Key Enlarge/Reduce Increments Incorrect After 24.1.1 Update

As of the latest patch (24.1.1), when using the up and down arrow keys to change the size of an artboard in the Properties panel, the increments are now full inches instead of 0.1 inch increments as they were in the previous version (24.1). Is there a way to revert this behavior back? This glitch also occurred a few years ago and was fixed in a subsequent update, so I'm hopeful it can be fixed again.

On a related note, holding control (on Windows) and using the up and down arrow keys adjust the size by 0.6 inches which I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Panels are mixed up and showing wrong content when docked

All panels and document windows show some frozen content. This happens daily until I restart. If panels are dragged to be floating they refresh correct until they are docked together again.

MacOS Catalina, AI 24.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Free distort effect with Freeform gradient

In 23.1 Free distort effect applied to a path filled with freeform gradient, distorts only path, but not a fill, making it appear clipped with distorted contour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SVG arc path without whitespace standard syntax broken

When an arc is described using a missing whitespace, which is perfectly valid SVG syntax, it will not be rendered correctly in Illustrator. This was discovered with SVG files compressed by SVGO 1.3+ and later which has the arc path optimisation by default.

This syntax should work as it is a standard part of the SVG specification and is rendered correctly by all major web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

In the attached example an arc is written as:

a.65.65 0 011.109-.459

The string 011.109 contains 3 values:

1 (a boolean is required here, it cannot be 11.109) …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Type

After applying a Font "size" it will change automatically when I move my mouse. This is very annoying and a big waste of my time having to go back again and again to try to get a font size to "stay" at the value I set it at. This should not happen. Fix this Adobe!
    Mac OS 15.1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cannot maximize, minimize, resize, or close the program because the top bar is MISSING

"Application Frame" doesn't exist in the Window drop down and that is the ONLY advice you give to fix this bug. I can't even use the program until this issue is fixed so it's useless paying for CC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exported SVG files don't work correctly in Internet Explorer 11

If a SVG file exported from Illustrator is set as a background-image in IE11, the image will be centered in its container, and that can't be changed with background-position: left or right.

Fortunately the solution is simple. Just have Illustrator include width and height in the <svg> tag, like this:
    <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; viewBox="0 0 78 112" width="78" height="112">

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. aligning rectangle control bar

Bug report_ Illustrator 2020. Only downloaded a few days ago.

If I create a rectangle using the control bar it won't let me align it using the alignment tools. If I create it by hand and then adjust the measurements to what I wanted then the alignment tools work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Their is a bug in justification for paragraph

paragraph doesn't get justified... I am making brochure and justification is must but its not working even after re installing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Height and Width indicator at cursor switched when resizing a box.

When I go to resize a box, the height and width indicators at the cursor are switched.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Crashes constantly

Illustrator crashes constantly. Typically, when pasting anything (even a single character) into an existing AI file. We have updated all associated drivers, upgraded video card, re-imaged the OS. Nothing is making this better. After a few strokes, Illustrator will gray out and report "Not Responding."

Illustrator CC 2018 version 22.0.1
    Windows 10 v1709

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link update & crash

When a linked file updated externally (on Photoshop), update link pop up window appears before the saving completes, makes both programs crash.

to explain in detail; Let's say i have an psd illustration linked in illustrator, if i edit the linked illustration on Ps save document and go back to ai, normally when the saving completes Ai comes up with and pop up window (if it is not preferred as automatic update) and asks if i want to update, when i click yes, and realize Ps file is still saving at the point of 99%..since i clicked yes, Ai can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Duplicate Graphic Styles

Multipage document. Many objects with a specific style, rectangle, 20% gray fill, no line. All assigned graphic style, eg, Box Style. I want to move these objects to a new artboard, so it's select, Copy, Paste In Place, Move specific distance (because I've laid out my art boards precisely). Problem is that I then get Box Style 1, or Box Style 2, and so on.

If I option drag this does not happen. This makes NO SENSE.

Styles are styles. Why would Illustrator be duplicating styles. Makes NO SENSE. Option drag is NOT an efficient way for my workflow. Maybe…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. File>Save not saving newest version

Since vr 24.1.1, "File > Save" automatically saves legacy versions of illustrator as the same legacy version. This means any files made pre this version all come up with this and I have to use "File>Save As" every time.

Previously any file I worked with, I could use "File> Save" and it would save as the newest version of AI (maybe with the exception of very older file types like CS ones). Not sure if there's an option I can change to switch it back? As this is slowing my work flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Illustrator 24.1 metric precision broken

So there was a new release Illustrator 24.1 the other day which I installed. Unfortunately, it looks like the engineers messed up and semi-broke the conversion routines from inches or whatever measurement is used internally to the metric units displayed to me as the user.

What used to be displayed as nice whole numbers or up to a maximum of three decimals, is now never an even number and always displayed with four decimals. Just to take an example, a dimension clearly intended to be precisely 10 mm is now displayed as say 9.9998 mm or 10.0003 mm.

This is…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Magnus,

Thanks.

I have replied on this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-24-1-metric-precision-broken/td-p/10974120?page=1) too. Posting it here also.

In 24.1 version, we are now showing four decimal places in transform/new document screen (earlier we used to show three). We did this because we were getting requests from the community (particularly, packaging designers) to increase the decimals so that they can do more precise work. And also, from people who wanted to see their 1/16ths (0.0625) dimensions fully, without Illustrator rounding it off to three decimal places.

As a result of this, please be assured that the actual dimensions which you had used in prior designs will not get changed. As @hubglobin’s screenshots show (thanks for creating these), the actual size has not changed, only the display has changed. If you had manually set an object’s dimension (or co-ordinate) to, say 5.355mm, you’ll still see this dimension as 5.355mm in 24.1. If…

18. Blurring is said to be possible but is not

There is no tool for blurring detail despite the fact that three ways of doing this are on the menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Home page + document bug

[BUG] When I return to the "Home" window, the GUI shows in a smaller area on the screen. If I proceed to open any document or create a new one, the window is inoperable and no UI shows up. I then have to restart AI to restore functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Black Screen when opening Ai

When opening or creating a new file on Ai, there is a black screen. I need to resize window to be able to start using it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base