Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7476 results found

1. Missing lines when import svg/pdf file to illustrator

Many lines were missing when I tried to open the pdf file in Illustrator. Before I imported the file generated from Qgis, I released the clipping files and broke apart the paths in the Inkscape. I also tried the "place" tool instead of opening directly, but it didn't work when I embedded the linked files.

Can anyone help?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Properties panel is slow to respond

If nothing is selected and artboard info is showing, when I make a selection it takes forever for it to change from the artboard info to showing the selection info/options for transform, appearance, align, etc.
    Sometimes I have to click on a different panel tab (to make the property panel go behind) and click back on properties for all of that to appear again.
    It's such a waste of time doing all the extra clicking or waiting ... or both.

Also, when I have an object or group sitting ON the artboard (the only artboard in the document), why does…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can't Export to DWG

You used to be able to export your file as a DWG, but in the 2023 update you no longer can. Why? If you opena DWG you can still save it, but if you open a fresh document you can't export to DWG like normal. CAD and illustrator crossover is extremely common and important to have and this needs fixed ASAP.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Illustrator is freezing

It's been 2 weeks that illustrator keeps freezing. I have updated, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, and still does the same thing. I'm working on a file and once I want to save, the app freezes and I can't do anything about it, no button works or anything and I'm unable to save as every time I save that's when it happens.
    I see my page/work but can't touch anything, the only way to get out is to Force quit from the task manager.
    Really need this to be resolved as I use illustrator everyday for work and can't save any of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Zooming manually (on trackpad) works on and off

When I try to zoom in or out, it doesn't always work. I'm having this issue on Adobe XD in addition to Illustrator. I use my trackpad to zoom (scroll/pinch to zoom) and it works fine in all other software so I know it's not my computer.

It started within the past year and has gotten worse. I'm not sure what causes the issue, sometimes it's like that when I open the app, or sometimes it just does it mid-work session. I was using Adobe XD yesterday and noticed that dragging in an image to the artboard made zooming possible…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Problem with <use> element of SVG files

In SVG 1.0/1.1, the <use> element uses the xlink:href attribute to refer to objects; In SVG 2.0, the attribute was changed to href. Illustrator supports the former, but not the latter, content will be lost when opening such a file.

Below is a simple test case (saved as a .svg file). There are three circles in it, the second one is referenced via xlink:href and the third one is referenced via href, opening the file in Illustrator will only see the first two.

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" width="50" height="100">
    <circle cx="25" cy="20" id="circle" r="10"/>
    <use xlink:href="#circle" transform="translate(0 30)"/>
    <use…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Regression in version 27.0 - SVG tspan not handled correctly

Hello

When I place the following SVG

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" viewBox="0 0 500 500" width="500" height="500"><text><tspan>60</tspan></text></svg>

And then try to export the object back to SVG, I get

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="36.86" height="39.2" viewBox="0 0 36.86 39.2"/>

The tspan content is gone.

Without the tspan it works ok. It also works fine in AI 26.5

The example is an extract from a larger SVG object created through the Datylon plugin

Seems like an AI regression bug. Any chance it will be fixed in later versions?

Tx!

Peter

PS also posted as https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/regression-in-versoin-27-0-svg-tspan-not-handled-correctly/m-p/13297751

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. Selecting multiple links with cmd+click in Illustrator with Wacom Pen is broken.

I'm using a iMac Retina 5k 2020 with a Wacom Intuos Pro.

I've noticed that after one of Illustrator's Update, I was not able to select multiple links (cmd+click each link) in the Link Tab with my pen, but when I was using a mouse, there wasn't any problem.

I was going to blame Wacom, I've had issues with their updates before, but I've reverted to Illustrator 26.0 and it was working perfectly fine. I've updated older versions 1 by 1 to see when it started bugging and it looks like version 26.4 is the culprit and it kept on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pattern Brush 'Hue Shift' does not result in correct appearance of stroke color

This issue is not new and occurs for a few years at least.
    I i apply at a pattern brush > Colorization > Method: Hue Shift, the key color does not represent the same color of the choosen stroke color when the brush is applied to a Stroke. The color is always way off. I am well experienced in Illustrator (and certifeid by Adobe) but i can not find any thing i did wrong. That's why i am almost sure this issue is a bug. But please, tell me i am doing something wrong. That way i can help my…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Brushes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The solution provided in the comments below.

However, when the key color is automatically gets set as the white (or any grayscale tint) as the most prominent color, the hue shift gets calculated wrong.

If you think Illustrator should pick another color in cases like this — please continue voting.

10. Pattern image is not copied to clipboard

When copying an asset to clipboard (using Ctrl/Cmd + C) SVG data in clipboard doesn't have custom image pattern. However, if the asset is exported the image pattern is included in the SVG file.

MacOS Monterey 12.5 Apple M1 Pro
    Adobe Illustrator 26.5

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Download and open FlowerDress.ai - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vKlyAV2ahPACBnPpe8TUGUXnpznQ3rIf/view?usp=sharing
    2. Make sure it looks like on the screenshot - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ji71P6F5nw3O5KAjfjhp_pmKmCpZNLy0/view?usp=sharing
    3. Select the dress and hit Ctrl/Cmd + C.
    4. Paste it in any code editor (vscode).

Actual Result - https://drive.google.com/file/d/10jE12CQuTzYf0ZCh4paWJor4RDRot-aj/view?usp=sharing
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <svg id="Layer_1" data-name="Layer 1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" viewBox="0 0 239.18 354.03">
    <defs>
    <style>…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3D Revolve Classic not updating applied symbols after symbol changes

Making changes inside a symbol does not update where it is used as an instance. Video below shows editing of an extrude with a symbol applied to the outside of a cylinder. The preview toggle on/off inside the extrude tool also does not work in updating the applied symbol in real time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Embedding linked images scales them down to 24% in the links panel

1. Windows 11 Pro
    2. Illustrator v 26.5
    3. When I place a linked image at 100% scale, the links panel shows it scaled at 100% which I would expect. When I go to embed that same image, the links panel shows that it's scaled at 24%. The image itself doesn't visually shrink, but the links panel changes the information for some reason.
    4. I expect the links panel to show 100% scale when the image gets embedded. I don't understand how it's scaled at 100% when linked, but 24% when embedded, when all of the file information is the same as when linked.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Offset Path not remembering last setting

I use Illustrator (26.5, but this has persisted through several versions) both at home and work. My mac at home remembers the last amount i used for Offset Path. For example, if i choose a path and offset by -.25 in, and then choose another shape and select Offset Path, the setting is defaulted to the same amount: -.25 in.

However, at work, if i choose a second shape and choose Offset Path, the default is set to -.025 in.

Is anyone else having this issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. paragraph copy converts to individual letters, or small small groups of letters

I have noticed this issue with some increasing frequency: where paragraphs of copy suddenly appear as individual letters or small groupings. These letters all appear on their own layer. I am unable to grab all the text, or modify an entire word. Thankfully, I save rounds of files, or work by copy and pasting , so I'm generally able to grab copy from an older version, but this is maddening to say the least. I work as a packaging designer and it's crucial that copy remain editable. I have attached an image of the copy selected and highlighted little pink…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save As and Export dialogue box not opening / appearing

running v26.5, Macbook Pro M1 14, OS12.0.1

'Save As' and 'Export' dialogue box not opening so unable to save or export anything when running two screens.

'Save As' and 'Export' dialogue box opens but is fully greyed out when only using laptop (see screenshot).

Problems started a few days ago and cannot be sure if it was tied into an OS update.

I do not run any plugins.

I have:
    • Reset preferences
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled
    • Restarted machine several times

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dialogue Boxes not opening

I am running Illustrator 26.5 on macOS Montery 12.6 and no dialogue boxes are opening. I have to restart Illustrator in order to save, export, etc. Once I force quit, if a file has been recovered, when I got to save that file, Illustrator crashes, and I am unable to save (as the cycle just continues).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Text center alignment off

I'm on the most up-to-date version of Illustrator (26.5). Whenever I try to center text within a box, the x and y coordinates are slightly off for the text. For example, say my box is at 100.5 px on the x-axis and 100.5 px on the y-axis. When I center the text over the box (using Align Objects tool), the text box coordinates are 100.6904 px, 101.2729 px. Before I updated Illustrator, the text coordinates would always match the box coordinates. Even though the numbers are only off slightly, it is visibly noticeable that the text isn't perfectly aligned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Font weight lost in SVG export

When exporting to SVG the code seems to have lost the font weight atribute. We are exporting in bold and the old epxort used to include the code font-weight="700". The new code has ommited the font weight.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. File overwrites without warning when exporting to PNG

When you Export a file as a PNG, check the "Use Artboards" and select a specific artboard, Illustrator overwrites your file without warning. This is not consistent with exporting to SVG.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base