Anti-aliasing not working well with rasterized images in "Export for Screen - JPG 100"
Illustrator 24.0 - Windows 10
- Create a new document
- Import a JPG image inside the artboard
- Rotate the imported element -25º
- Go to File > Export for Screens
- Select the scale 1x and the format JPG 100. Also, verify in the settings that JPG100 has the Anti-Aliasing "Art-Optimized (supersampling)" checked.
- Export the file.
- Go again to the artboard and press File > Save for web
- Select format JPG with good quality (at least 80%), and "Art-Optimized".
- Click "save"
- Open both images and compare them, the one exported with "Export for Screen" looks jaggy and with low quality, but the one exported with "Save for web" looks alright. The expected result should be that both looked fine.
I'm having the exact same issue as well. This is pretty bad that it continues through so many versions.
Same issue here...
Chris Schmidt commented
I have same issue with Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.0.1
Windows 10 x64
It only happens when I try to export as JPG 100, but does not happen with PNG