Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7603 results found

1. Illustrator-specific MS Surface Wheel options have disappeared

Arrange, artboard and other illustrator Surface Wheel tool shortcuts have disappeared, and have been replaced with the OS standard ones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. blend line "profile" interpolation not working

I was trying out the new quick tip that was posted on youtube for "linocut" blend lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCyE91-D-KI

I was trying to blend between a variety of line types and follow along with the demo and noticed that my up-to-date copy of illustrator is not doing any tip interpolation.

I downloaded the demo file from the video page and the tip blending works, but in the photo I provide shows my attempt to blend on the right and the tips are square.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Following is the result of investigation:
    This issue happens with blends created when stroke with flat edge is applied to one path then later variable width profile is changed.

Workaround: Select the blend object, Release the blend, change path’s Variable width profile to Uniform, and then apply desired Variable width profile again, Now try apply Blend.

3. Rearrange All Artboards does not move artwork with it when spacing is adjusted

1. OS X / Adobe CC 2018 (OS X is where this document ran into this issue, but if it helps troubleshoot, it is being passed back and forth between a Windows 10 machine).

2. I have a document with multiple artboards. I needed to increase the spacing between them. I went to Rearrange All Artboards where "Move Art with Artboard" was already selected from multiple previous re-arrangings. I changed the spacing from 20px to 60px.

3. I expected the artboards to have the new spacing, with art in the same location.

4. The artboards had the new spacing, but the art on every…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

4. Pantone colours not appearing correctly in email preview

When I convert a CMYK colour to pantone and then rasterize it into an image (cmyk) to make it smaller for sending, in the email preview (gmail) the pantone colour appears completely wrong.

file is saved as pdf (cmyk). file is created also in cmyk

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

5. Freeze during heavy detail

I'm working on a macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 MacBook Pro on Illustrator 22.1

When I have a detailed design - ie a palm tree with numerous branches. I try and resize it or copy paste it and the program freezes then my whole computer freezes and I have to restart the computer.

I expect this program to be able to handle designs with heavy detail and not freeze up every single time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. in Illustrator 22.1 clicking the button that resets the workspace does NOTHING. It looks like my "normal screen mode" is broken. Adobe illu

Your bug reporting experience stinks! Tiny window to compose my message in, having to do a huge amount of scrolling. Your company culture is going south with probably Marketing managers driving these bad decisions...

Koen, UX Director at my company, 60 seats

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ilustrator Crashes when printing to laser cutter.

Hello,
    I typically use illustrator to print to our Epilog Mini Helix 24" Laser Cutter/Engraver. When printing, you go into setup, select the laser, then go into it's preferences to configure laser-specific settings. When you hit "Print" it sends the files to software provided by Epilog: Job Manager.

This is an annoyingly repeatable problem, as I am not able to laser cut anything from Illustrator. It crashes every time.

However, in the past couple days this has suddenly stopped working. No matter what file I try to send to the job manager, the whole program crashes when I hit "Print."…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

8. Isolation mode only works for a sub-group when double-clicked, option greyed out on right-click dropdown

I have the latest version of CC. I have a simple group containing a filled path and a more complex sub-group of objects. I can right-click the whole group and isolate it from the rest of the document by selecting "Isolate Selected Group" from the right-click dropdown, but when I try to further isolate the more complex group inside, the option on the right-click dropdown is greyed out.

Typically I prefer to have the "Double Click to Isolate" deselected from the General Preferences because I often mistakenly enter Isolation Mode when I don't want to be because I've accidentally double-clicked…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Windows 7 Suddenly has Multiple Issues with Illustrator

Creative Cloud in Windows 7 - The start window no longer displays the correct recently used files. The program locks up unexpectedly and once locked will not allow me to save my work. I must use the Task Manager to get out of the program and then start over from the last saved point.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Failure to Generate opaque color on shape layering

WinOS10

When working in illustrator the artwork appears correct. When I go to export contents to jpeg illustrator incorrectly generates a semi-transparent result when I look at the jpeg file. This is incorrect and I'm claiming this as a bug since I don't see this when rendered in illustrator. The result does not match rendered image.

Example 1 is a snip of a portion of the image from inside illustrator. Note that the shape lettering is opaque as expected. When I go to export to a jpeg I end up with a shape that is now semi-transparent...a big no-no.

Please…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. freezes when drawing objects

Whenever I try and draw an new shape or object illustrator freezes. I have tried updating, uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing has fixed the problem. Have to force close the program to leave.

macOS X version Yosemite 10.10.5
    Illustrator CC 2017

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Problem rasterising unicode-named spot colors

If you make a spot color named not in English, assign it to a path and then try to rasterize it with "keep spot colors" option checked, the rasterized image will miss that spot color. It will be converted to process colors instead.

Renaming it to English name immediately fixes the problem. Adding a single non-English letter (I tried Russian) returns it back.

This can be easily tested with separation preview panel that hides unused spot colors. Tested on Mac with the latest Illustrator, also tried on older Illustrator CC - behaviour is the same.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Basic functions not working in Illustrator. Shapes don't have the "smart circles" to resize objects. Working in current version on CC

All of a sudden with a current Mac upgrade Illustrator has gone south. Drawing shapes now doesn't allow for smart reshaping, can't select paths, some files just won't allow ANY changes at all. Working on current CC version, 2018

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Tools all become 'locked' requiring reboot (of Illustrator, not OS)

Windows 10, March 2018 Illustrator (latest).

This has happened maybe five or six times now, I think only since the latest update, apparently random occurrence (or I can't spot a common theme). Working on an unlocked layer, all drawing tools get a 'not available' symbol next to them. Can select objects in the layers panel but nowhere else. The only fix is to restart Illustrator - just closing and reopening the document (or indeed another document) does not unlock the tools.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Registered trademark glyph gets randomly swapped to its alternate in text with Gotham Medium font applied when navigating the document

Weird Glyph problem going on. Basically we have registered "R"s on our artworks, and on some occasions the glyph is applying superscript to the superscript "R" making it half the size it should be. Font is Gotham Medium using CC 2018 macOS High Sierra, Suitcase Fusion. Even weird that its changing when I scroll around the artwork to the smaller "R"? any ideas as I'm lost. This was happening also in CC 2017

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. new document screen missing options in illustrator windows 10

Illustrator new document screen missing loads of options on windows 10. only showing mobile web and print profiles no video etc. Also recent items missing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. corrupted image shown on screen

Im working and every time I move an object around the image gets corrupted, I need to zoom in or zoom out, but its impossible, it looks like pieces are missing from the vector images. I just bought a newMac book pro, in my previous computer I did not had this issue. Please fix it its impossible to work like this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Linked Files

When placing a linked file, it only shows the first artboard no matter which one I select.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base