Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

731 results found

1. Thick Stroke and Spikes

Windows 10 HP; Adobe Illustrator CC;
    1st Problem: Thick Stroke
    Everytime I make an outline, its a huge stroke when it only says its suppose to be 1 pt. I don't know if I messed with the settings or something but can someone please tell me how to fix it.
    2nd problem: I'm trying to make watercolor background and when I try to add a gradient to my brush strokes it completely ruins the stroke and freezes the program! Please help! I don't know anything about computers so I'm such a beginner!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for trying out Illustrator for your artistic creations. Everyone is a beginner when they start I am sure spending time on the product shall make you an expect in next few years. If there is anything we can help you speed up please do not hesitate to exercise to option to call up support or use our forums forums.adobe.com to engage with peer artists.

RESOLVED: As Egor mentioned please adjust your zoom level, 1 pt will look bug at 6400% zoom. Look for zoom drop down at bottom left of your screen.

CAN NOT REPRODUCE: We could not recreate the issue where gradient freezes the application. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to…

2. pressure spike bug

i am using a huion h640p tablet and the moment i touch the tablet with the stylus and graze the surface of the table in effort to make a thin line it will create a large blob then go on to make the thin line (please note that every stroke was drawn from left to right)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Live shape missing radius

When creating a shape, then deleting an anchor point, the remaining anchor point does not have radius transforming options available.

See screenshots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Tools not working.

Some tools not working. When I click on the text tool I get something that looks like a pencil with a circle with a slash through it underneath the pencil-brush-pen-line tools. I deleted preferences and nothing helps. This is very aggravating.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Circle size change when rotating

When I rotate a perfect circle, the size changes up to .004”. A 15”x15” circle, when rotated 17.184° becomes a 15.004”x15.004” circle. I know it may sound trivial, but I’m creating technical drawings that have to be accurate to the ten thousandths of an inch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

6. Transform and Transform again

Older versions of Transform again would let you transform any object the same as the previous object. This function no longer works. If I draw a box and transform it, I want to be able to transform a text object the same without using percentages. Because I am not always transforming a percentage. I may be transforming different objects to be the same height, but the tool does not allow this anymore. Please bring back the original functionality of this tool.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. pen tool bug, "option" key does not activate usable "convert anchor point tool".

ai 22.1 on sierra mac. 10.12.4

I can see the convert anchor point tool when using the pen tool by pressing option , however when I try to click an anchor point it keeps defaulting back to the pen tool, this is annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Blob brush describes a path, not a form

Recently, when I use blob brush with my wacom one, it describes a path, not a form. If I use the mouse, blob brush works well. I do not know how can I solve it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Clipping mask not working

When I try to create a clipping mask with a photo and a vector shape nothing happens. I draw a circle over the photo and use shortcut Ctrl+7 and absolutely nothing happens.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Eraser or Blob Brush tools’ sizes are not adjustable with double-click anymore

I can't change the dimensions of drawing tools such as the Eraser or Blob Brush tool with double-click anymore and there seems to be no shortcut or any other option to get here, even typing 'eraser' in the help section doesn't show anything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Eraser not making consecutive strokes

For a while now th eraser is not working properly and it's bugging the **** out of me, it's one of the main tools I use when drawing. Both with a pen and a mouse, both when zoomed in and out - it works for one or two strokes, then after that just won't erase anything until either I deselect/select the object or hit undo. Then it will work for one or two paths again and then I have to repeat the same step. The erasing box - alt and drag while the eraser tool is selected, works always, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Edges stay visible when you switch from Selection to Brush tool

When you hover an object with the Selection tool and then switch to the Brush tool with the shortcut it will keep the edges (hover outlines) over it even if you start drawing somewhere else with the brush.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. brush pressure lag

the new update makes the brush with a calligraphic pressure sensitivity lag on the beginning of the stroke. it makes it next to impossible to get a clean start to the line.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cannot select objects with selection tool

If I have a layer set to preview mode and it is above another layer that is not in preview mode, I cannot select objects in the preview mode layer when the objects are above an object in the lower layer. I have tried zooming in as close as I can and the selection tool will still not select an item in the preview mode layer. I can get around this by hiding the non-preview mode layer or selecting the object in the layers panel.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Direct selection tool not resizing selected artwork

When I try to click on an anchor point and resize my artwork with the direct selection tool, it does not resize the artwork anymore. It just moves the artwork. Fortunately, I can still use the Free Transform Tool to resize objects and artwork. This is on Windows 10 in Illustrator CC 22.1.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are getting response from users that they are able to resolve this issue via view→ show edges or show bounding box .

In case you are still encountering this issue and unable to resolve via above provided workaround.
    Kindly provide us following information:

1) Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file .
    2)Which version of Illustrator you are using.
    3) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )

Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly…

16. Pattern Tile Seam lines

Can we please find a way to fix those tiny 0.5 px seam lines we ALL have had to deal with for years? The ones that you see when you zoom in or out at certain levels? The ones that don't apparently print? However, they for sure show up when importing patterns into Photoshop, so they aren't just imaginary. When building a Photoshop pattern that begins as a vector pattern, it becomes a nightmare having to meticulously clone them out. Please fix this if at all possible!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adobe Illustrator CC 22.1 ME cannot change stroke weight to 0.25 - 0.5 - 0.75 chosing from relevan panel

If I chose from stroke panel 0.25 or 0.5 or 0.75 stroke weight, then I obtain 25 or 5 or 75 stroke weight line!!
    If I manually type on relevant fileld box 0,25 or 0,5 or 0,75 then I got correctly weight line. The problem may be that Illustrator ME doesn't recognize full stop "." but comma "," only. How can i fix this issue? Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. creating a simple box crashes the software

More often than not when I go to create a simple box Illustrator crashes forcing me to FORCE QUIT the software and try again.

Very time consuming and needless..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Transform Each object in an isolated group transform the group instead

Select all objects in a Group and Transform Each will Transform each object WHILE ALSO TRANSFORMING THE WHOLE GROUP TOWARDS IT'S CENTRAL POINT. This directly contradicts the conventional meaning of "Transform Each".
    The workaround is to deselect one of the objects in the Group, which is why this is a Bug- the workaround is a kludge fix.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Transform grayed out

Very frequently (might be even 50 percent of the time) when I select an object the "Transform" and "Arrange" options in the "Object" menu (as well as the associated keystrokes) are grayed out as unavailable. When I deselect the menu and then select the menu again the "Transform" and "Arrange" options have magically become available. Selecting the menu a second time always "fixes" this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base