Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. can't highlight width and height cells or file name when creating a new document

Why did you take away the ability to easily highlight the document name, width or height when creating a new file? Super irritating.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Minimised document shows up when opening another file

Let's say that I have illustrator with one document already opened and minimised in dock.
    When I open another .ai file fron Finder, the minimised document shows up also before opening the document intended to open.
    That's really frustrating, as, if I decided to minimised a document, that means that I wanted it there for later or ocasionally use, and want it to stay minimised until another decision I made. It happend a lot of times to switch between opened .ai and Finder below, and I don't need another document to be opened behind the working one, If I minimised…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. No tools on illustrator 2021

Im on the last version of illustrator (on the date of 2021-01-20 at 9:47 am EST) and when i launch illustrator and create a project, there is no tools at all, when i change a settings in the window tab, nothing change

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Type on a Path Options window Alt+P Preview hotkey

Alt+P doesn’t toggle Preview checkmark in Type o n a Path Options dialogue window

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Locked object can still be selected! No thank you...

A locked object can still be selected, hindering the ability to select the object underneath. Why!!! How do I disable this??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Transform>Reflect defaulting to random angle

At some point in the last week (version 25.0.1) right clicking on a selection and applying "Transform>Reflect" opens up the reflect UI panel but instead of defaulting to horizontal or vertical, it's defaulting to "Angle" and a completely random number. Constantly having to correct this is a right faff.

It's tricky to recreate but has happened multiple times over the last few days. In this case reflecting a cat 50.9 degrees!?

Maybe I'm just the only one!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. quick keys did not import to Beta

When opening Beta my preferences had to be exported from regular Illustrator and imported to Beta. No big deal there... workspaces imported but quick keys did not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Blinking Cursor absent in Artboard panel

Operating system: Mac OS 10.14.6
    Illustrator version: 24.2.3

Hi, When typing inside the Artboards panel to name artboards the blinking cursor appears to be missing.
    Regards
    Gary

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Illustrator 25.0.0 breaks metric units when working under custom created workspace

When I create custom workspace and want to make new object, and when I type dimensions in the dialog box, Illustrator breaks dimensions, e.g. 250 mm becomes 250.5 or 250.06 or 249.999 or else. This also happens when I open previously created documents with exact dimensions, e.g its dimensions become broken.

Note that this is happening only with custom workspaces created, and the problem persists even if I switch back to the default workspace. The only working solution is reinstalling Illustrator and working under any of the default workspaces, which is driving me nuts. Please fix it.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. cliquer et déplacer un objet : cadre de sélection disparait

Dispariton des cadres de sélection et autres point d'encrages lorsque je déplace un objet sur mon plan de travail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The toolbar and all panels are missing after update.

AI will not let me reset or go into any of the display presets. Always reverts to Essentials classic with no reset option and no toolbar or panels. I have restarted my computer and it still does the same thing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bottom Panel disappearing in Full Screen Mode

Bottom Panel (Currently Layers or Artboard) disappears in Full Screen mode. Opening manually from Window>Layers or hotkey (F7) does not work. Will also disappear when Panel directly above is selected. Need to select panel at top of stack to make the bottom most panel appear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bottom Panel disappearing in Full Screen Mode

Bottom Panel (Currently Layers or Artboard) disappears in Full Screen mode. Opening manually from Window>Layers or hotkey (F7) does not work. Will also disappear when Panel directly above is selected. Need to select panel at top of stack to make the bottom most panel appear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Everytime I open Illustrator the toolbars are missing

Everytime I open Illustrator the toolbars are missing, even if I redefine the mode (classic, essentials, layout) they still don't appear. So everytime I have to go to window and add manually, which works, but if I close I have to do it all over again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Scale Tool windows defaults to random percents when real-time drawings is enabled.

To recreate is problem: First enable Real-time drawing. Then draw a box. With the Scale Tool window open, uniform scale the box 400%. Duplicate that box by holding down OPTION key while click and dragging the box. Click on the second box and open the Scale Tool window: when I do this I no longer see 400% in the scale percentage, instead I find completely random numbers and sometimes it selects non-uniform. This gets annoying after a while.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

18. Date Created verse Date Modified

I'm using an iMac, OS Catalina, and Adobe Illustrator 2021 V25.1, the latest version as of this writing. I'm finding that when I modify an Illustrator file, when saved it changes the Date Created file date. Why is this happening? I need these creation dates! For example, I created a file, and then saved a png of the file, the next day I opened the same Illustrator file, and when closing the file the finder window shows that the Date Created and Date Modified have been changed are the same, yet the png created the day before shows the correct…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Recolor artwork screen size

I can't access the Advanced options as the screen does not fit the max window size

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can't PASTE clipboard text into Save as, Export, or New Folder name fields

[macOS Big Sur 11.1, Illustrator 25.1]

In all but the two more recent releases of Illustrator, text on the clipboard could be pasted into the Save as or Export as or New Folder name fields. This was very very helpful and I have had scripts built around this for years. But now those fields don't accept clipboard contents. The copied text is in the clipboard and can be pasted anywhere else. Just no longer in the name fields in save as, export, or new folder fields, when saving/exporting. Can you please change that back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base