Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

343 results found

1. new documents window with the same "template save" button like Photoshop CC

I think that the button to save an template how it works in photoshop is missing. And i hope that she comes... Finally, the rubric "saved" already exists.

The screenshot is from Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "File --> New" or "Ctrl+N" fails to create new file in Illustrator 22.0.1 (64-bit)

After opening Illustrator, I'm only able to open existing files. Trying to create a new file by clicking "File --> New" in the menu, or clicking "Ctrl+N" results in a brief pause, but no new artboard or new file appears.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. secondary view moves when editing text

OSX 10.13.5, Illustrator 22.1.

When I have two windows open on the same document and start editing text, the inactive window will recenter its view on wherever my text cursor is.

Reproduction:

1. Open a new document
    2. Draw something off on the side of it
    3. Zoom in on this thing
    4. view>new window
    5. arrange both windows so you can see them at once
    6. recenter the new window far away from the thing you drew in step 2
    7. in the window that's not showing the thing you drew in step 2 make a new text box, or create a new point type object
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It does not highlight the page on the artboard window

I select a page from the artboard window. I navigate between pages with PageUp and PageDown on the keyboard.

I'm looking at the artboard window. but I do not see which page I am on. it does not highlight the page.

This problem came with the latest update. (Ullustrator version 22.0.0)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

5. Off-center FIT TO SCREEN when copy/pasting object

Hello - I'm about as expert an illustrator user can get - for years I've used FIT ARTBOARD (option-0) as a way to cut/paste pixel perfectly centered artwork. The latest AI version 2017 is off - I realize align to artboard is the intended feature to attain this effect, however that way somewhat stinks because you can't make into a shortkey. Why doesn't (command-0) no longer perfectly center my artboard? (NOTE: the off-centered-ness varies from .1 to .01 inches - so very small -- but significant if you're doing engineering grade designs) -- thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

6. The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [xlfd]

I have two customers that send me hundreds of Illustrator files created using a Windows version of Illustrator. Every one of them reports this issue on opening: "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [xlfd]." I click OK and everything is fine in the document as far as I can tell. The problem is that I need to batch save these files as PDFs, but I have to sit there and click "OK" for every file so defeating the purpose of batch processing. This is a recurrent bug with the last three revisions of Illustrator. Please resolve it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Applying a new graphic style duplicates paths into hidden groups

This is a severe bug that ruins SVG export by creating multiple copies of the same paths after switching graphic styles.

I believe something caused a created graphic style that should have only had a simple fill to create copies of the path when applied to paths.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

8. Bug when Setting Artboard Ruler Origins

Ai v 22.0.0
    macOS 10.12.6

After updating from CC 2017 to CC 2018, I can now no longer assign individual Artboard Ruler Origins to each Artboard in a document

I use several nested Artboards to control different areas of the same artwork and assign the Ruler Origin of each to the same object. After the update, I can now only assign the ruler origin of one of the nested Artboards to the selected object; the Origin does not change on the others.

I have tried deleting all existing Artboards and then creating them and setting the Ruler Origin one at…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Minor Bug (Smart Guides on/off)

When opening/creating a new document,

the View > Smart Guides will be checked on. But they are not actually on. You have to turn them on/off a couple times to actually get them working. At first I thought that they were altered or removed from the last update. Fortunately I figured it out!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Zero X and Y coordinates don’t match the artboard

when making a file exact art size. Trying to snap to my
    X=0
    Y=0

the Transform pallet says i'm at 0 & 0 but clearly i am not and once i click off everything then re-select everything again i can make it 0&0. I am in a pre-press production setting and this slows down my whole process. Also the Align to Artboard selection is a huge problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Selected object in locked layer

Objects remain selected when I move them into a non-visible group/layer and lock the group/layer. It is not possible to deselect the object until you unlock and make visible the group. So far I've been able to recreate the problem every time I've tried.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. No align on Artboart option for Forms

No align on Artboart option for Forms.
    In the new properties Panel if you select some custom form you get the alignment stuff, including the option to switch between "align on artboard and align on selection".
    If you select an Standard Form e.g. a circle you get no option alignment tools in the properties panel and you also have no option in the alignment window to select if you want to align on artboard or selection.

The properties Panel should have the possibility to align all elements, forms and so on.
    Also as a backup you should include the possibility…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Artboart Size arrow key increment not working for the width

when resizing the artboard using the 'Artboard options' panel it is possible to increment the size using the arrow keys, one MM at a time for example. This feature now only works intermittently for the width field. It is still possible to change the number and the artboard will adjust.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Artboard Custom Resize Bug

Illustrator V22.0.1
    2 problems

1. When manually updating artboard dimensions, the artboard itself no longer previews your changes, you have to click "Update while dragging" to see the size before closing the window.

2. Artboard dimensions sometimes automatically revert back to previous values, if the new values are close in number. For example changing 423mm to 420mm, the value in the box would revert back to 423mm immediately.

No specific files, this happens in general.

Many thanks,

Meg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Scaling bug in Illustrator 22.01

Hi, I'm working on files in which I have to scale objects down precisely with multiple digits behind the comma.
    When scaling the artwork in multiple (3) layers down to 18,602% everything looks good. But when using one digit more, 18,6023%, the artwork is scaled down much more, which is incorrect. I need to use even more digits, but that's impossible like this. I've attached screenshots.

I'm on an iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, 2017 running MacOS X 10.3.3 with the latest version of Illustrator, 22.01.

I'm using mm als units, so maybe it's a rounding issue. I can reproduce…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deleting Successive Artboards

If you have a list of artboards and try and delete several of them in a row, deleting one will deselect the list. This is not a major issue in most cases, but it is a nuisance when having to quickly delete 40 or more artboards; it doubles the number of commands that need to be inputted before reaching the same result.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

18. New file

There is a bug going on. Click " new file " and nothing happens. Please help me fix this asap

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

19. Empty artboard name which changes itself when artboard is resized

I have a simple template for business card, made long ago, with a single artboard inside.
    Today I created new document based on this template and AI22 has shown this single artboard with no name (which was never touched in template and always was default 'Artboard 1'). It displays as 'Artboard 1' in Artboards paleette, but tag is missing.
    Next, when I add height to this artboard in Control panel, it got renamed to 'Artboard 2', both in tag and palette.
    If I undo this and make change again, it got 'Artboard 3' and so on.
    I expect this artboard…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

20. The "HDV 1080" preset needs fixing

The "HDV 1080" preset resolution is 1920x1080. Small point, but the resolution of HDV is 1440x1080, so the naming of it is kinda wrong. I think in Photoshop, AE & Premiere, it's referred to as the "HDTV 1080" preset, so I think it's probably a mistake/typo by someone at Adobe.

Also, the preset gives you an extra artboard which is 14400 x 14400 px for some reason (I imagine it's also a bug), so when you try to export your file, it always defaults to exporting this artboard unless you delete it. Again, small thing but clearly a mistake and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base