3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Align to selection bug

This only started recently - the past month maybe? If I select 3 or more objects and have alignment set to "align to selection" and then click the Distribute Spacing icon, Illustrator will default immediately to "align to artboard" and space the objects out across the entire artboard instead of the selection.

If I undo (Cmd Z) and then go through the process again (I have to reset the alignment preference to "align to selection" first, however), it works fine, but every time without exception I have to go through this process.

As mentioned, this only started to happen recently.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New document dialogue box

When you click "New document" from the home screen, the dialogue box opens up but nothing appears in it. I have to use one of the 6 options on the home screen and adjust manually when inside the new document.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Undo Button Goes Back Too Many Steps

Sometimes when Undo is pressed, Illustrator goes back too many steps and multiple operations are undone at once. This happens consistently when editing content inside of clipping masks, and happens occasionally in other contexts. There is no option to redo once this bug occurs.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. can't paste object. the requested transformation....

the image is 5 inches, and I'm pasting into a several page 8.5 x 11 document.... really can't tell you how much time I'm wasting, and I'm very irratated.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move dialogue is broken when Y-axis is flipped

Problem Description:
    Since AI team had Y-axis flipped, users who want to keep it the old way have to manually set flags in prefs file to undo these changes:
    /isRulerIn4thQuad 0
    /isRulerOriginTopLeft 0

It works fine except it breaks setting negative distance in Move dialogue.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Change said flags to 0
    2. Relaunch AI
    3. Create and select an object
    4. Press Enter to invoke Move dialogue
    5. Set vertical position to any positive number and apply
    6. Invoke dialogue again
    7. Set same vertical value, but negative (you can also select any other object before that)…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator 2018 Artboard Problem

Every time I try to add a new artboard or rearrange existing artboards it causes Illustrator to freeze and I have to force quit. This was not a problem in Ai2017, please fix.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

7. Illustrator 202 Unable to Add Bleed Above 1” In Existing Document

When making a new document we are now able to add bleed up to 24”.

However when trying to add bleed to an existing document by going to File > Document Setup, it does not let you set bleed above 1”.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. image trace quick action does nothing...

I opened a transparent PNG file in Illustrator, hoping to do a simple quick vector conversion, when I pressed the "Image Trace" button in the Quick Actions menu, in the properties toolbar, I got precisely bubcuss. Just nothing - no feedback, no error, no expected menu of options. Just nothing. The other quick actions don't seem to do anything at all either.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preferences NOT saving

Not an idea - It's a BUG -
    I change my Preference > Units > General to Inches.
    Once I quite and reopen they are Points again.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding Bleed to Previously Saved Files

I use Adobe CC. I've been trying to add bleed to a previously saved file without bleed. When I open the file then go to >document setup< I am able to add a 1" bleed, but the red bleed line doesn't appear around my artboards once I click ok. Then when I go back into >document setup< it shows that the bleed has been saved, but it is still not visible in the art files.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Black/missing artboard

I am using the latest version of Illustrator CC on PC.

No matter if I create a new project or open an old one, my entire artboard space remains black. It's not that the artboard is hidden in any way; I am able to select and "use" tools, and all of my layers are listed and supposedly visible. But I cannot actually see my project at all.

Again, the artboard is not hidden. There's absolutely no reason I can come up with as to why I cannot see it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Artboard units do not update when I change ruler units

Hi all,

Video of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5yhDUw2YTY

Also posted this to the Community Forums.
    The units of the artboard do not update in the properties panel when I change the Rulers Units.

I have to de-select, and re-select the artboard to make this happen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

13. unable to create a new document

I am not able to create a new document

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please Select a Key in Current Document

When I attempt to align an object to a key object, I get an error stating Please select a Key in Current Document.

I only have one file open containing one artboard.

I've attempted to move the object I want aligned inside the artboard area as well and still get the same error.

I've attached a screenshot for reference.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. window resize

after a doc is open and the window has been open to the largest size. clicking the bottom right corner to resize the doc window feels like it is snapping to the bottom or to increments of a set size. HOW do we turn this off to resize the document window to any free flowing size ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Artboard Numbering Error

The numbering of artboards is consistently wrong in the newest version of CC 2108

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. B5 Template Size incorrect

B5 paper size should be 176mm x 250mm instead of 182mm x 257mm.
    This problem have been circulated in other forum for years.
    But it still hasn't been fix in CC2018 as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Artboard size not working

Hi,
    Having issues with artboards, including some listed earlier. Today's new issue:

Created an artboard 490px x 490px. Instead the artboard size is 490px x 489.6px.

Try to resize artboard, but the action doesn't take. See video.

Illustrator CC 2018 20.0.1

Thanks,
    Carla

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

19. Can't Delete Empty Artboards

I can no longer "delete empty artboards." The feature is there and not grayed out, but when I try to use it, it simply does nothing. My empty artboards remain. This is very inconvenient as I sometimes need to alter documents with several artboards and I have found it to be extremely helpful in the past.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.3

20. Selected object in locked layer

Objects remain selected when I move them into a non-visible group/layer and lock the group/layer. It is not possible to deselect the object until you unlock and make visible the group. So far I've been able to recreate the problem every time I've tried.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base