3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Overprint attribute does not work adequately

Create or select any object. On the Attributes panel set Overprint Fill/Stroke checkmark.
    After deselecting object Overprint attribute remains CHECKED instead of resetting. And every newly created object instantly receive this Overprint attribute!

Very annoying and sometimes cause real troubles with undesired overprinted objects.

Overprint attribute should reset to UNCHECKED after deselecting an object.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color change Problems

I have a collection of swatch colors that I save, and for some reason, they are all getting dull. A bright orange to darker gradient turns to a muddy orange and all of the swatches are dull. I copy the logo from an older file and realize how dull my colors have become. You can see how dull the colors have become in the attached image. Also, the Graphic Styles have become duller. You can see the new refreshed colors form a different file with the two swatches at the middle bottom of the Graphic Styles window. This is a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Freeform Gradient not working with Compound Path

Freeform Gradient does not work on a Compound Path (e.g. an outlined text or logo). Ai doesn't give any feedback on the problem, it just does not work.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Generic Color Palate

I am using the newest version of Illustrator. Within the last week or so, my generic CMYK color palette has changed. The percentages that make up the color are different on nearly every color. My black color swatch used to be 100% black. Now it is C:74.97 M:67.92 Y:67.05 K:90.15. Everything in my document is set to CMYK. I changed nothing. My yellow is C:6.18 Y:96.55. It used to be 100% yellow. All of the colors have this issue. Please let me know how I can get this back to the normal way. I've been using Illustrator for the last…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gradient panel bug

1. macOS Mojave 10.14.4, Illustrator CC 23.0.3

2. Edit gradient colors

3. Expected to select color stop and choose new swatch

4. Color stop unclickable, opacity and location dropdowns glitching

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. CMYK Colors change by themselves randomly

Watch as I simply keep trying to specify a color in a CMYK document. Simply changing the hex code, then deselecting the element, then double click the fill box to open the color, and sometimes it stays, sometimes it changes. I change it, it changes again. I need this to work 100% I can't have colors randomly changing on me after I specify them. I can also trace similar color problems back since v6 or so - had many color inconsistencies between illustrator versions, this constant color shift battle has to be fixed

Mac 10.13.6
    Illustrator CC 23.0.2

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Patern Maker's Numeric Scaling Is Broken

I'm creating a step and repeat wall using 2 graphics.

In a brick by column pattern, individual graphics can't be scaled using the menu dialog (Object>Transform>Scale).

However, they can be scaled using the tool panel's scale tool (keyboard shortcut s).

Entering precise scaling measurements that are supported in earlier versions of Illustrator would be appreciated!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Making changes to rgb vector artwork causing color changes

Using the latest version of Illustrator CC, when I open a particular logo (a multi-layered object with active strokes) and make any changes (ex: outline strokes, rotate, re-scale, etc), I experience a color dulling and color changes to the entire logo.

Oddly enough this only happens with the RGB version of the logo, not the CMYK version of the logo. And when I cmd-z these actions the color dulling / color changes won't revert back. In all of my years using Illustrator I've never witnessed this strange behavior, which is why I assume this is a bug.

Even stranger, after…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. freeform gradient tool is grayed out and not working.

I have updated Illustrator and the new freeform gradient tool is grayed out in the gradient panel. It is not usable.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. color on screen looks different if cmyk or spot

this is a problem i found in illustrator, indesign and photoshop cc.
    i create a gradient, say from 100% to 0% of cyan (c100 m0 y0 k0). (the color is not important)
    than i create another gradient, from 100% to 0% of cyan (c100 m0 y0 k0), but spot color.
    than i active 'overprint preview'.
    on screen, the 2 color look different, and it's wrong.
    we have the same color, the same gradient, so it MUST look the same.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Opacity bug

AI CC 2018
    I turned the opacity down on a selection to see below layers. Then I went to work on below layers. Upon returning to original layer and re-selecting the object to return it to 100% opacity it showed I was already at 100%. I could not get it back to 100% until I copied and pasted the object to a new layer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

It seems like opacity is applied on the Layer and not on the object inside that layer. It is possible that the user is selecting object inside the layer and not the layer itself. Hence the user is able to see the opacity of object which is 100% in this case and not the changed opacity of layer.

12. Duplicate Graphic Styles

Multipage document. Many objects with a specific style, rectangle, 20% gray fill, no line. All assigned graphic style, eg, Box Style. I want to move these objects to a new artboard, so it's select, Copy, Paste In Place, Move specific distance (because I've laid out my art boards precisely). Problem is that I then get Box Style 1, or Box Style 2, and so on.

If I option drag this does not happen. This makes NO SENSE.

Styles are styles. Why would Illustrator be duplicating styles. Makes NO SENSE. Option drag is NOT an efficient way for my workflow. Maybe…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Eyedropper tool not showing correct colors sampled outside of Illustrator

When I click and drag the eyedropper tool outside of Illustrator to sample a color from something else (a website, pdf document, etc.), the color isn't correctly picked up.
    For example, if I move the eyedropper over something orange, it shows in Illustrator as blue or black; even if I sample a large white space, it shows in Illustrator as a different color. It seems to only be showing sampled colors as white, neutral, black/gray, and shades of blue.
    The program is up-to-date.
    I tried it in two browsers, Chrome and Safari, and the results were the same in both. …

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have seen this issue specific to macOS 10.15. Enabling “Screen Recording” access right to Illustrator resolved this issue.

You can change this setting by going to Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording and add Illustrator Application.

Please try this and reply in comment if the above suggestion worked for you.

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

14. Pantone Solid Spot colors added from InDesign to a CC Library become Magenta Process colors in Illustrator

A Pantone Solid Spot color (or any Lab spot color) added to a CC library in InDesign will become 100% Magenta CMYK Process color in the Swatches panel when added from the CC library by double clicking in Illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Issues with changing tint by typing in % value and hitting Return key

Illustrator 2018 CC 22.0.1
    Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

As per video, after typing in a numerical value for a tint on a global colour in the Color Panel and hitting Return, the value defaults back to original value. In my video, it shows that it’s having issues with values of 50% and 100% but this occurs randomly and can happen with different tint values.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Illustrator CC won't embed color profile correctly

Windows 10 64-Bit
    Illustrator 22.0.1

Whenever I am saving an Illustrator .ai file with the checkbox for embed color profile checked, the resulting file does not have a color profile embedded correctly. When I reopen that file in Illustrator it seems to have the correct profile embedded but in Bridge or InDesign the file appears to have no color profile attached. If I export the same file as .psd file Illustrator embeds the color profile correctly.
    My colormanagment is synched via Bridge.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New swatch is NOT global by default

1. Use the color panel to customize a fill or stroke color.

2. Drag the fill or stroke box into the body of the Swatches panel to create a swatch for the color.

3. Swatch is not global as stated in https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Gradient stroke cannot be cut and pasted.

Reproduction:

1. Draw a path with a gradient stroke and no fill.

2. Select and cut or copy the path.

3. Paste. Normally, In Front, Behind, or In Place.

4. The expected result is, of course, a new copy of this gradient-stroked path.

5. Actual results range from a copy of the path with the stroke expanded, an image that was cut and paste sometime last week, or an error popup that says "This operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [PDF!]"

Seen on OSX 10.14.6 with AI 24.1 and AI 24.1.2.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. White color text is showing as black

I just updated my CC and now my text will not change to white, it remains black. The text will change to any other color, just not white.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Freeform gradient fill disappears on select all action

1. OS: Windows
      Version: 10.0
      System Architecture: x64
      Illustrator v 23.0.6 (64-bit)

2. I used a freeform gradient fill to fill a path and upon doing a select all to group a few different paths and shapes for easier movement or duplication, the fill of the path disappears and I need to either rebuilt the gradient or re-load the file as even doing CTRL+Z doesn't bring back the gradient

3. The expected result is that the gradient remains as it was when doing a select all (Either through CTRL+A or using the Selection Tool)

4. The Fill for the path disappears and the freeform…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base