Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8341 results found
-
Pasting text appears centered even if current text box is left aligned
When i copy paste text from another app and paste it in illustrator it automatcly appears centered even if the current text box had left aligned text.
2 votes -
When saving files, the prompt text has become unreadable
What's wrong with my software?
When saving files, the previous prompts were normal text. However, recently, I don't know where the problem has arisen.2 votes -
Linked images missing from PDF-compatible data in .ai files – still happening in 30.8.2 (macOS)
Environment
Illustrator 30.8.2, macOS 26.6.2 (Apple silicon)
Files on a local external SSD, not a network or cloud drive
"Create PDF Compatible File" on; images linked, not embeddedIssue
A large linked CMYK image (about 4,250 × 9,560 px, 8-bit, with transparency, around 120 MB) shows correctly in Illustrator. When the .ai is placed in another document, or read by other PDF software, that image is missing. Everything else in the file shows.What I found when I inspected the saved file:
The native Illustrator data holds the placed image correctly: right path, position and scale.
The PDF-compatible part…2 votes -
Inconsistency With Transform Controls in Control Bar
I am noticing inconsistent display of Transform dimensions in the Control bar, when selecting similar elements. Referencing the attached images, notice that when one of the pasted .tif images is selected, the Transform dimensions are displayed in the Control Bar, but when the other image is selected, the Transform controls are collapsed and require an extra click to view and copy/paste sizes. These images were copy and pasted from the same website and appear to be the same format. Unfortunately, this slows down my workflow as previous iterations of the software always displayed the Transform dimensions of selected elements within…
2 votes -
Transform dimensions - Constraint applied even though it is disabled
When transforming the dimensions in the 'Transform' window, the constraint option (chain icon) is applied even though it is disabled. One measurement - width or height - cannot be altered without the other following along.
I have been able to fix this by closing the application completely, but this is happening repeatedly.2 votes -
Adobe Illustrator freezes and crashes when using the Dimension Tool
I’m experiencing an issue with the Dimension Tool in Adobe Illustrator. Whenever I activate the tool and try to use it, the entire program freezes and then crashes. This is interrupting my work.
I’ve attached a screenshot showing the tool and its options. Could you please help me identify the cause and resolve the issue?
Thank you.
2 votes -
Illustrator -PDF Preview missing Texts
After a coworker uploaded her art files to the Adobe Cloud Project and shared them with me. When I go to download the file, the PDF preview shows only the images/vector art, but all the text is missing in Preview!
2 votes -
Negative numbers go positive when posting data into the graph tool
Negative numbers go positive when posting data into the graph tool.
Since I remember I have had to type a minus manually to each negative cell into graph tool data, since it won’t paste the minus sign. This is extremely time consuming and often leads to errors in the graph. Is the a way to get around it that I have missed, or are you planning on fixing this issue sometime soon?2 votes -
Blend objects based on Paintbrush strokes render incorrectly and Illustrator crashes
The document worked correctly approximately two weeks ago.
The artwork contains many lines created with the Paintbrush Tool. Some of these brush strokes are used as source objects for Blend objects.
Current problem:
All Blend objects that are based on Paintbrush strokes are rendered incorrectly. Colors and/or stroke appearances change significantly after opening the file.Normal objects and non-blended artwork appear correctly.
The document was originally displayed and saved correctly approximately two weeks ago. The problem appeared after recent Illustrator updates.
Tests performed:
Illustrator 30.8.1:
Blend objects based on Paintbrush strokes render incorrectly.
"Save As" becomes extremely slow / Illustrator…
2 votes -
Links Panel / Relink feature freezes and stops responding during batch production work
When working on repetitive batch production tasks (such as updating multiple Amazon product listing variations where images are continuously relinked and embedded), the Links panel / Relink feature frequently breaks or stops responding entirely. Clicking the "Relink" button or using the context menu does nothing, effectively freezing that specific panel's functionality.
Currently, the only workaround is to completely shut down Adobe Illustrator and reload multiple project files, which heavily disrupts high-volume production workflows and wastes significant work time.
2 votes -
AI files with 'Create PDF Compatible File' show missing artwork when opened in PDF viewers (Illustrator 2026, Windows 10)
After updating to Illustrator 2026 for Windows, AI files saved with the "Create PDF Compatible File" option turn out to be incomplete sometimes when opened in any PDF viewer, with missing parts in both raster images and vector artwork. Saving the file several times often fixes the problem, but the only reliable workaround is to save the document as a PDF with the "Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities" option enabled, instead of saving it as an AI file.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Illustrator 30.8.1
2 votes -
Document Info - Object Count Incorrect
OS: iOS
Version: 30.8.1
Document info Panel shows the wrong count of objects selected.2 votes -
Can’t close shapes with Pen tool
When using the Pen tool and creating a shape, it doesn't want to close the creation. I have to deselect the item, then reselect it from a different plot point, so I can complete it.
2 votes -
Unusual GPU clock usage
after the recent update, i am experiencing an unusual bug with the Nvidia control panel.
its setting the power management to maximum no matter how i tried to change it to normal state.
its overiding the nvidia command2 votes -
Bounding box center markers disappear when dragging a guide.
I'm trying to position a guide over the center of a vector object. However when I grab the guide from the ruler, the bounding box center markers disappear making the task impossible. This wasn't always the case but I don't know when it changed. The bounding box stays intact but the horizontal and vertical center boxes disappear when I pick up the guide.
2 votes -
Difficulty editing Adobe Stock vector images
It's been a struggle to make changes to some of the vector images downloaded from Adobe Stock
2 votes -
Freeform Gradients in cloud files become invisible
The Gradients function has a bug with files uploaded to the cloud. It looks like an empty object.
I had to create a new local file to look if the problem was the gradient tool or just with the cloud files, and there is when I realized that the Gradient tool was working well. What I had to do is to copy the "empty" rectangle to see if I can copy the color values in the local file with the Eyedropper Tool and then copy the local file rectangle to the cloud one. But to avoid that to happened again…2 votes -
Objects are invisible WHILE DRAGGING in 30.8.1
Illustrator 30.8.1 new version — new bugs.
Objects are invisible while dragging.2 votes -
Keeps not showing parts of my artwork.
I open a file, everything is fine, i start moving things around and suddenly parts of the artwork just disappear or they loose colour, when you move the cursor over it it shows that the shape is there but will not allow you to colour it move it or do anything with it. I thought it might have been a one-time thing, but it's happened for the past 3 days in a row on several different files.
2 votes -
Typing a new font size for a dimension in Properties moves the text caret at the first position after entering the first digit
After annotating the graphic dimensions, when changing the annotation font size, focusing the input box and entering 50 results in the number 05, which is incorrect.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?