Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Illustrator is Changing the Colors Defined in My Swatches?

I am trying to create a color swatch library that mages the Pantone color manage applications values... But I am noticing when I define a specific swatch and then reopen it the values are different then what I orginially entered.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Issues with changing tint by typing in % value and hitting Return key

Illustrator 2018 CC 22.0.1
    Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

As per video, after typing in a numerical value for a tint on a global colour in the Color Panel and hitting Return, the value defaults back to original value. In my video, it shows that it’s having issues with values of 50% and 100% but this occurs randomly and can happen with different tint values.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CMYK values changes

On opening existing file and embedded profile mismatch, selecting "Convert doument's colors to the working space". will change K=100% to black defined in all CMYK values.
    However opening the file keeping embeeded profile and hereafter assign the profile keeps the values intact

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Touch Bar Color Controls are Broken

Touch bar controls do not change the color of objects when using sliders, and swatches save to touch bar but not to actual swatches panel. Cannot delete swatches from Touch Bar.

MacBook Pro Late 2016 + Latest MacOS

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creating a new swatch group from selection adds swatches that aren't used anywhere.

At the end of a project, I like to select everything on an artboard and create a swatch group with "Convert Process to Global" checked in order to clean up my swatches and make final global tweaks to color.

Often a handful of swatches will be added that aren't apparently used anywhere. I can verify this by selecting the swatch as a fill or stroke, then choosing Select > Same Fill (or Stroke) color. Nothing will be selected for either option. So is this a glitch, or how else can I find and delete the source of the swatch?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fehlendes abspeicher neuer farbfelder

Kann keine neuen Farbfelder abspeichern, geschweige denn sie in der Bibliothek unterzubringen, noch die Standardfarben zu löschen… Wäre schön wenn man das über ein plussymbol hinbekommen könnte… plus neuen Farbenamen als Kategorie in die man die neuen Farbfelder speichern kann und beim antippen der Kategorie die Möglichkeit in Bibliothek zu speichern…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The name "Black" is automatically blocked when creating global swatches

If you create a new global color swatch, regardless of the breakdown, the name "Black" is automatically blocked. The name "White" is not.

It seems silly to call this issue out, but I've prepared logo libraries for eight and a half years now, and this has been an ongoing consideration. When I create a black swatch, there is always an extra step. Sometimes I intentionally misspell the name to create the swatch, or I create a non-global swatch with the correct name, but in both scenarios I have to adjust the swatch AFTER it is created to produce a black…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Colour code changing Illustrator 25.4 BUG!

When I put in a number on R G B example R88 G122 B27, it changes but then when I select another object and go back to double check the other object the colour has changed back to something else. See screen shot. I saved the colour in the pallete. The colour should have the same values as the name I want R88, G122, B27 but its value is different, its giving me a different colour value.

My colour setting are see screen shot

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Saved swatches from previous version doesn't look the same

I've made a custom palette in an earlier version of Illustrator. Now importing these swatches into new documents the swatches and codes are vastly different - both cmyk and rgb swatches has been altered.

On reference picture - left side colors are original swatch colors, right side is the imported swatches. Also attaching the correct color codes.

What happened? How do I fix this?

MacOS Big Sur 11.4
    Problem noticed in AI 25.2.3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. RGB colors appear differently in identical file setup

I have created color codes in one document and brought them into another (with the exact same RGB setup) and the color breakdowns change to look the same. This is a problem because if I am sharing the RGB breakdowns with others, some of the colors appear much duller. I have noticed that something changes when an image is brought in from an external source sometimes. This is becoming a big issue across our team.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. STRUMENTO CONTAGOCCE E TESTI DI COLORE DIVERSO NELLO STESSO BOX

Ho un box di testo con alcuni caratteri rossi ed alcuni caratteri neri.
    Voglio copiare tutte le specifiche di testo (font, ecc.) da un altro blocco di testo con lo strumento contagocce senza modificare i colori del box di destinazione.
    Vedo che dallo strumento contagocce ci sarebbe la possibilità di escludere/includere il rilevamento del colore, ma quando si applica al box di destinazione tutto il testo contenuto diventa di un unico colore....
    PREGO RISOLVETE, GRAZIE !!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug: Swatch Conflict Dialog, Apply to All checkbox not working

After checking the Apply to all checkbox when I get a swatch conflict, the box keeps popping up with more conflicts. Esc key doesn't end it. Haven't seen this before v25.
    Mac OS 10.15.7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Colors Being Displayed Differently than in Color Picker

I just decided to update to AI 2021, bad idea... I was working on a file and I realized that the color had changed from the original dark blue to a purple color. I do not know what happened, but I know it must have to do with the update because it happened right after this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. document color mode

Document Color mode switching automatically to "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0" every time I switch windows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Eyedropper making everything white

When I select a shape and try to use the eyedropper tool to make it the same color as another shape it turns white. All of my layers are unlocked and visible so I am not sure what it going on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Color Profile Keeps Changing

Hi,

My RGB colour settings keep changing back to display. I have the original file set up as sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and when I copy and past anything in I get a warning if there are any colour mismatch issues. If there are any issues I click assign working profile. When I close and reopen that file it has now changed to Display.

I'm using
    macOS Catalina Version 10.15.17
    Illustrator Version 25

I'm work on branding projects so it's important that colors are consistent. How do I get illustrator to stop changing my color profiles?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 25.0.1 Colour still wrong

NOT AN IDEA—A BUG!

The colour settings are still incorrect in the newest update.
    Totally unusable software, so back to version 24 again.

The image on the right is correct from version 24. How that file displays in 25.0.1 is in the middle and the image on the left is the same jpeg as on the right imported into 25.0.1…!!!!

3 totally different interpretations of the same colour. Insane.
    Mac 10.15.7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Eyedropper STILL not wroking on grouped objects in Illustrator 24.2.3

When using the eyedropper on grouped objects, it'll show correctly in the color panel, but it'll only apply the stoke color to the group. Please fix this! The eye dropper has not worked for grouped objects for way too long now.
    Windows 10
    Illustrator 24.2.3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Gradient Window Color Slider buggy, Selection area too small, adding color instead of selecting the color

After updating to 24.2. Gradient Window Color Slider buggy, Selection area too small, adding color instead of selecting the color. Then it doesn't allow the selection of the color because it wants to add a new color. When I keep trying to select the color it is showing a plus sign and will not allow me to select the color that is there.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Gradient stroke cannot be cut and pasted.

Reproduction:

1. Draw a path with a gradient stroke and no fill.
    2. Select and cut or copy the path.
    3. Paste. Normally, In Front, Behind, or In Place.
    4. The expected result is, of course, a new copy of this gradient-stroked path.
    5. Actual results range from a copy of the path with the stroke expanded, an image that was cut and paste sometime last week, or an error popup that says "This operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [PDF!]"

Seen on OSX 10.14.6 with AI 24.1 and AI 24.1.2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base