Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Color CC "Adobe Servers not available" [Bug]

Unfortunately I can't open the expore-rider of adobe color cc when signed in.
    Everything works perfectly, when I'm visiting the webpage https://color.adobe.com as a guest. But when I sign in, which is required to perform any actions, the above mentioned error occures.
    The "Create" and the "My Themes" riders work still perfectly when signed in.
    I've tried it under Edge/Chrome and Firefox. Besides Firefox none of the browsers has Addons installed. I'm running a Windows 10 Machine.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

2. Color cracking after update..

1. version 22.0.1
    2. (After update new version) when I move object or screen(use Hand tool), colors are cracking like attached files...
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dropdown menu cut off

When trying to interact with the drop down menus those that are particularly long (and by that I mean it takes up the whole length of the screen) I can't access any features below the cut off. The most problematic instance of this phenomenon is in Windows drop-down because it cuts off at Pathfinder. The list goes in alphabetical order which means I can no longer access my swatch panel. I can't add it to me workspace. This is the same for all work panels after pathfinder; symbols, stroke, transparency, and so on.

I'm working with Adobe Illustrator CC 2017…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New swatch is NOT global by default

1. Use the color panel to customize a fill or stroke color.
    2. Drag the fill or stroke box into the body of the Swatches panel to create a swatch for the color.
    3. Swatch is not global as stated in https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color resets in Color Picker window, when cursor moves out of the window from an edge/corner

In Photoshop, when we open the Color Picker window and are dragging the cursor over the color brightness area (the square which shows the different shades of the current color of the color wheel) and then while dragging, if we move out the cursor from any of the edges or corners of that square area, the color on the edge gets selected. That's the ideal behaviour.

In Illustrator, when we drag out the cursor from a corner (For example, to select black color, I'd quickly drag out the cursor from the bottom left corner) Illustrator resets the color to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. copy and paste random color change

1.macbook pro 2021, big sur 11.4
    2. version 25.3.1

within the same file, when I copy and paste an element, the fill is changing. the same issue does not occur when option dragging the drawing. it happens repeatedly. The fill that is changing is a colored pattern fill. It has happened with all "original" colorations (ie it does not only happen when using the light blue fill like in the movie. but they all change to the same yellow fill like in the movie.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Color blindness - Deuteranopia-type proof uses the incorrect Deuteranope confusion point.

The Deuteranope confusion point was published as xy = (1.08, -0.08) in color vision texts circa 1970.

However, the currently accepted Deuteranope confusion point is xy = (1.40, -0.40).

Unfortunately, Adobe Illustrator appears to use the OLD confusion point in the Color blindness - Deuteranopia-type proof mode. As a result, the simulation is inaccurate and inconsistent with current vision science understanding.

This may affect other Adobe products as well but I have not checked those. A comprehensive check should be performed to ensure the Deuteranopic confusion point is updated to the modern standard, xy = (1.40, -0.40) everywhere.

The attached…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. alt+drag Gradient Slider point changing the opacity of other points on the slider

Hi all.
    Since I was asked by one of the Adobe employees, here's my post.
    Windows 10.

I am getting seriously miffed. After using Illustrator ever since the nineties I can no longer do what I need so, so often: duplicating a color stop in a gradient while keeping the other stops as they are.

Say I have the following:

Stop 1 - position 0 - Opacity 0
    Stop 2 - position 25 - Opacity 100
    Stop 3 - position 75 - Opacity 100
    Stop 5 - position 100 - Opacity 0

I need a zero opacity stop on position…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Imported objects loosing color from brush and swatch

objects imported into another illustrator file loose their colors in both preview and swatches. We build items we produce by bring in standard objects that represent items we use over and over. Since the upgrade to 25.3.1, when we import those objects, the color is removed, does not happen in 25.2.3.

macOS 11.4
    Illustrator 25.3.1 problem app
    Illustrator 25.2.3 no issue

copy a lace object from sample to another file and it will loose its color

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Saved swatches from previous version doesn't look the same

I've made a custom palette in an earlier version of Illustrator. Now importing these swatches into new documents the swatches and codes are vastly different - both cmyk and rgb swatches has been altered.

On reference picture - left side colors are original swatch colors, right side is the imported swatches. Also attaching the correct color codes.

What happened? How do I fix this?

MacOS Big Sur 11.4
    Problem noticed in AI 25.2.3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. RGB colors appear differently in identical file setup

I have created color codes in one document and brought them into another (with the exact same RGB setup) and the color breakdowns change to look the same. This is a problem because if I am sharing the RGB breakdowns with others, some of the colors appear much duller. I have noticed that something changes when an image is brought in from an external source sometimes. This is becoming a big issue across our team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Swatch Conflict Dialog, Apply to All checkbox not working

After checking the Apply to all checkbox when I get a swatch conflict, the box keeps popping up with more conflicts. Esc key doesn't end it. Haven't seen this before v25.
    Mac OS 10.15.7

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Colors Being Displayed Differently than in Color Picker

I just decided to update to AI 2021, bad idea... I was working on a file and I realized that the color had changed from the original dark blue to a purple color. I do not know what happened, but I know it must have to do with the update because it happened right after this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. color

i have been dealing with a color issue in Illustrator 25.2.1

all the colors changed to a weird colors and it became very slow even if the artwork size was small.
    i have attached 2 photos in cmyk and RGB i was trying to make the same color from the original artwork in both RGB and CMYK it's not the same.
    any one know why

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Color Theme Window Cropped

Hello, for whatever reason my color theme window is being cropped, I am able to scale vertical but not horizontal. I tried going back a version, changing user interface and nothing will correct it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eye Dropper picks up the wrong values when sampling a filled clipping mask

I am using Mac OS 10.15.7 and am able to consistently reproduce this bug in both AI CC 2021 but as far back as AI CS5 running in Mac OS 10.6.8

When a fill is applied to a clipping mask, the eye dropper will pick up incorrect CMYK/RGB values. This is especially problematic when a pure black is replaced by a 4 color process build in the printing industry.

I would expect to eye drop the exact values applied to the object I've clicked on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eyedropper making everything white

When I select a shape and try to use the eyedropper tool to make it the same color as another shape it turns white. All of my layers are unlocked and visible so I am not sure what it going on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Illustrator automatically changing colors

When you place image (RGB) into Illustrator it would preserve the color profile. Now it changes it automatically and this seems to be a common problem if you search the internet. Fix it as it makes this program far less useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pantone Connect

Hi there,

When trying to load the Pantone Connect Extension I see a black window instead of the swatches and other features of the extension. The only message I see is a purple link that says “reload plugin” which has no effect when I click on it. This was the case for the 2020 version when I tried it today, so I updated all my apps, thinking this might help. However, the same error occurs with the 2021 versions of Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. When I last used the extension in summer last year, it worked great… has there been…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base