Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Patern Maker's Numeric Scaling Is Broken

I'm creating a step and repeat wall using 2 graphics.

In a brick by column pattern, individual graphics can't be scaled using the menu dialog (Object>Transform>Scale).

However, they can be scaled using the tool panel's scale tool (keyboard shortcut s).

Entering precise scaling measurements that are supported in earlier versions of Illustrator would be appreciated!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pantone Solid Spot colors added from InDesign to a CC Library become Magenta Process colors in Illustrator

A Pantone Solid Spot color (or any Lab spot color) added to a CC library in InDesign will become 100% Magenta CMYK Process color in the Swatches panel when added from the CC library by double clicking in Illustrator.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. color on screen looks different if cmyk or spot

this is a problem i found in illustrator, indesign and photoshop cc.
    i create a gradient, say from 100% to 0% of cyan (c100 m0 y0 k0). (the color is not important)
    than i create another gradient, from 100% to 0% of cyan (c100 m0 y0 k0), but spot color.
    than i active 'overprint preview'.
    on screen, the 2 color look different, and it's wrong.
    we have the same color, the same gradient, so it MUST look the same.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Illustrator CC won't embed color profile correctly

Windows 10 64-Bit
    Illustrator 22.0.1

Whenever I am saving an Illustrator .ai file with the checkbox for embed color profile checked, the resulting file does not have a color profile embedded correctly. When I reopen that file in Illustrator it seems to have the correct profile embedded but in Bridge or InDesign the file appears to have no color profile attached. If I export the same file as .psd file Illustrator embeds the color profile correctly.
    My colormanagment is synched via Bridge.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opacity bug

AI CC 2018
    I turned the opacity down on a selection to see below layers. Then I went to work on below layers. Upon returning to original layer and re-selecting the object to return it to 100% opacity it showed I was already at 100%. I could not get it back to 100% until I copied and pasted the object to a new layer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi,

It seems like opacity is applied on the Layer and not on the object inside that layer. It is possible that the user is selecting object inside the layer and not the layer itself. Hence the user is able to see the opacity of object which is 100% in this case and not the changed opacity of layer.

6. Spot Colors in Linked or Embedded Images can be Renamed in Swatches Palette, breaking functionality

Double clicking a spot swatch in the Swatches Palette allows you to rename the swatch. In past versions, Illustrator would not allow you to rename the spot swatch if it was used in a linked or embedded image. Now the spot swatch can be renamed whether or not it is used in an image. There is no warning that the spot being renamed is in use. After renaming the spot swatch, the Swatches Palette does not show the spot actually used in the image. Changing the color values of the spot swatch before renaming changes the appearance of the image,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. cannot delete or merge duplicate colors

My Swatches palette has multiple colors of the same name and formula. When I try to merge them, they don't merge.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cambios automaticos en ajustes de color

El programa automaticamente se cambia al ajuste de color: "Emular Adobe Illustrator 6.0" aun cuando ya tenga otro ajuste de color, el software persiste en cambiarse de codigo de color en cualquier momento.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Color Nightmares in 2021 version!! Nothing matches or stays the same!

Colors are NOT staying the same between HEX values and RGB settings in Illustrator 2021. WE are having a major shitstorm here on this as we are finalizing a Brand Manual and NOTHING is matching of staying the same when we reopen the file. HELP!!!!

And some RGB colors are showing up as BLACK in the color sliders when they are NOT black at all!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. White color text is showing as black

I just updated my CC and now my text will not change to white, it remains black. The text will change to any other color, just not white.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Gradient panel bug

1. macOS Mojave 10.14.4, Illustrator CC 23.0.3
    2. Edit gradient colors
    3. Expected to select color stop and choose new swatch
    4. Color stop unclickable, opacity and location dropdowns glitching
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Global colours don't seem to be preserved in freeform gradients

I have complex files that are made up of multiple gradients to create a 3D effect. Some of the gradients are linear and some are freeform. I am currently in the process of creating artwork files for both print and digital. To create the digital files I am converting all the files to RGB. There is a specific brand colour that has a different RGB make up than the standard conversion. I thought, no problem, I'll just update the global colour swatch and it should cascade through. But it doesn't! It does on the linear gradients, but not on the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color Undo not working

1. Select an object
    2. Move object
    3. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter
    4. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter
    5. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter
    6. press 'cmd+z' (undo) The color changes are skipped undo jumps to 1. (Undo: Move object)
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adobe Illustrator is Changing the Colors Defined in My Swatches?

I am trying to create a color swatch library that mages the Pantone color manage applications values... But I am noticing when I define a specific swatch and then reopen it the values are different then what I orginially entered.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CMYK values changes

On opening existing file and embedded profile mismatch, selecting "Convert doument's colors to the working space". will change K=100% to black defined in all CMYK values.
    However opening the file keeping embeeded profile and hereafter assign the profile keeps the values intact

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Touch Bar Color Controls are Broken

Touch bar controls do not change the color of objects when using sliders, and swatches save to touch bar but not to actual swatches panel. Cannot delete swatches from Touch Bar.

MacBook Pro Late 2016 + Latest MacOS

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Colour code changing Illustrator 25.4 BUG!

When I put in a number on R G B example R88 G122 B27, it changes but then when I select another object and go back to double check the other object the colour has changed back to something else. See screen shot. I saved the colour in the pallete. The colour should have the same values as the name I want R88, G122, B27 but its value is different, its giving me a different colour value.

My colour setting are see screen shot

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. document color mode

Document Color mode switching automatically to "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6.0" every time I switch windows.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Eyedropper not selecting color outside Illustrator new bug v25.1

I have always been able to drag the eyedropper tool outside of the illustrator window to sample colors - until v25.1

Now, all colors sampled outside are black or greyscale. I am holding shift to override the Appearance setting in Eyedropper options. This is a new bug.

I'm on MacOS 10.15.7

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Color Profile Keeps Changing

Hi,

My RGB colour settings keep changing back to display. I have the original file set up as sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and when I copy and past anything in I get a warning if there are any colour mismatch issues. If there are any issues I click assign working profile. When I close and reopen that file it has now changed to Display.

I'm using
    macOS Catalina Version 10.15.17
    Illustrator Version 25

I'm work on branding projects so it's important that colors are consistent. How do I get illustrator to stop changing my color profiles?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base