Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. freeform gradient tool is grayed out and not working.

I have updated Illustrator and the new freeform gradient tool is grayed out in the gradient panel. It is not usable.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ブラックの色をドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100の色がリッチブラックになる

塗り(または線)を画像のように下のブラックを選択するところからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100がリッチブラックになってしまった。 
ドラッグ&ドロップではなく、クリックで色を選ぶとBK100になる。スウォッチの中に入っているブラックからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100になる。これはCS6の時からある
バグです。 

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color discripancy between "View on CPU" and "View on GPU" on a Mac with M1 chip

I'm now running AI on a macbook pro with M1 chip.
    I noticed that when I switching "View on CPU" to "GPU", all colors became whiter and inaccurate (images inserted in AI became much whiter than the objects created and colored in AI).
    I've checked my older Macbook pro with intel CPU and AMD graphic card, the colors keep the same and accurate when I switch from CPU to GPU.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Live Painting Bucket (K)

In Adobe Illustrator 2021 the Adjustment of a gradient in Live Painting Bucket (K) does not work.
    When in Live Painting Bucket (K) i apply the gradient, then i can not adjust it manually.
    I am using Adobe Illustrator 2021 on macOS Catalina

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete Color Group in Swatches ungroups group instead deleting

When I need to completely delete color group, I select it and press Delete palette's button (or try palette's menu). Any way. AI moves all colors from at to general colors, removing only folder, but not colors, asking nothing (even with warnings reset).
    I have to deselect my art, click first of moved colors, shift+click last and delete swathes again.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Eyedropper picks wrong color from vector art placed behind transparent image (with Shift)

I have in image on isolated transparent backround, in CMYK, with no profiles.
    It covers some art. I want to apply color of underlying art to another object. I pick Eyedropper tool and pick color from bottom art, holding Shift, clicking through transparent parts of my image.
    AI picks wrong color, with fractions and dirty channels.
    this is related to color picking in CMYK document from real CMYK values of an image, which AI fails to do. Again, I think AI should pick REAL color.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blue is now purple

When selecting a vibrant blue with the color-picker it shows it correctly and when it is applied it looks purple. (the color's HEX is correct though)

This also happens when I drag&drop an image that has vibrant blue colors in it.

Any ideas why this is happening?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Impossible to sample colors outside of Illustrator using the color picker / eyedropper (Windows 10)

Sampling colors outside of the Illustrator is impossible on Windows/PC.

When you drag the eyedropper tool to sample a color (for example from an image in another app or web browser) the eyedropper tool stops functioning correctly once outside of Illustrator. Its "sample" turns into pure black or white.

This has been a problem at least since version 23 (maybe older). Just updated to v 24.0.1 (Illustrator 2020), still persists.

The same feature is working perfectly fine in Photoshop.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Eyedropper tool not showing correct colors sampled outside of Illustrator

When I click and drag the eyedropper tool outside of Illustrator to sample a color from something else (a website, pdf document, etc.), the color isn't correctly picked up.
    For example, if I move the eyedropper over something orange, it shows in Illustrator as blue or black; even if I sample a large white space, it shows in Illustrator as a different color. It seems to only be showing sampled colors as white, neutral, black/gray, and shades of blue.
    The program is up-to-date.
    I tried it in two browsers, Chrome and Safari, and the results were the same in both. …

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have seen this issue specific to macOS 10.15. Enabling “Screen Recording” access right to Illustrator resolved this issue.

You can change this setting by going to Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Screen Recording and add Illustrator Application.

Please try this and reply in comment if the above suggestion worked for you.

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

12. Cannot see gradient annotator when several objects are selected

Hi, in the latest version of Illustrator (2020), I can't see the gradient annotator when I select several objects at the same time. With a single object selected the annotator looks correctly, but when selecting two or more objects it is no longer displayed.
    In previous versions, the gradient annotator is shown when selecting several objects, which I find very useful for copying the properties of the gradient from one object to another.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

13. Problem Illustrator 24 does not support the old PANTONE libraries

I tried to follow your guide: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/pantone-plus.html, that I always used to insert the old PANTONE libraries and have a conversion to CMYK instead of LAB and in this version it doesn't work.

I contact the online chat and they replied that this thing with ILLUSTRATOR 24 is no longer supported, and it is absurd.

I also tried to install the prereleas 24.0.1 but it doesn't work.

I can't work without this.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Freeform Gradient not working with Compound Path

Freeform Gradient does not work on a Compound Path (e.g. an outlined text or logo). Ai doesn't give any feedback on the problem, it just does not work.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. CMYK Colors change by themselves randomly

Watch as I simply keep trying to specify a color in a CMYK document. Simply changing the hex code, then deselecting the element, then double click the fill box to open the color, and sometimes it stays, sometimes it changes. I change it, it changes again. I need this to work 100% I can't have colors randomly changing on me after I specify them. I can also trace similar color problems back since v6 or so - had many color inconsistencies between illustrator versions, this constant color shift battle has to be fixed

Mac 10.13.6
    Illustrator CC 23.0.2

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Opacity mask not working with freeform gradients

I am trying to make an opacity map with a freeform gradient. It previews correctly but as soon as i try to leave the dialog box it goes completely white. Doing exacly the same thing with the same objects but with a regular gradient instead works just fine.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Making changes to rgb vector artwork causing color changes

Using the latest version of Illustrator CC, when I open a particular logo (a multi-layered object with active strokes) and make any changes (ex: outline strokes, rotate, re-scale, etc), I experience a color dulling and color changes to the entire logo.

Oddly enough this only happens with the RGB version of the logo, not the CMYK version of the logo. And when I cmd-z these actions the color dulling / color changes won't revert back. In all of my years using Illustrator I've never witnessed this strange behavior, which is why I assume this is a bug.

Even stranger, after…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The colors in the closed file are persistently and almost forcibly trying to enter the palette.

Let's say a spot color was used in a previous work and somehow copied. Later, when the file job is finished and I start another new job even though I have closed it, the copied color in the closed file persistently and almost forcibly tries to enter the palette. I tried to describe it simply in the video.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Generic Color Palate

I am using the newest version of Illustrator. Within the last week or so, my generic CMYK color palette has changed. The percentages that make up the color are different on nearly every color. My black color swatch used to be 100% black. Now it is C:74.97 M:67.92 Y:67.05 K:90.15. Everything in my document is set to CMYK. I changed nothing. My yellow is C:6.18 Y:96.55. It used to be 100% yellow. All of the colors have this issue. Please let me know how I can get this back to the normal way. I've been using Illustrator for the last…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base