Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

665 results found

1. AltGr key not working

AltGr key does not work as intended, it currently only produces a Ctrl+Alt keypress. On many European keyboard layouts it is used to type e.g. characters @, [, {, |, \, ~, and currency symbols (€, $, £). The only way to circumvent this is to use e.g. Notepad to type in the characters and copy-pasting them, which is a nuisance. All the other Adobe CC apps - just as basically every other Windows app in the world - use AltGr as intended, so why does not Illustrator?

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

AltGr is supposed to be equivalent to Alt + ctrl.
    At present, when we press e.g. AltGr + E while writing text, we check if any command can handle it and if yes it is not passed to application to handle key event. That’s why existing commands are triggered on those extended char shortcuts.

If we want to change the behavior that while writing text key shortcuts (e.g. AltGr + E) should write extended character, Then we will have to sacrifice all the text contextual shortcuts we have at present in app e.g. ctrl + alt + I does something. All those commands would stop working.
    This is the reason why we are moving it to the feature

2. Cannot undo paragraph or character style changes or deletions

If I make any changes to paragraph of character styles, I cannot undo them, even if I delete a style. Changes are not registered at all as undo states. The only way to undo is to revert to a previous save.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi Elmo,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We are able to reproduce this at our end and will look into this.

Thanks
    Anish

3. Small Caps no longer working as it should

Illustrator 2017.1.0. Setting the Small Cap percentage no longer works for some fonts. They seem to have their own default setting that is unaffected by changing the percentage in the Document Setup window. In the attached example, Small Caps is set to 90%. In the first two font examples, you can see it's nowhere near that. If I change the setting, the bottom word will change but the top two remain the same. This is terrible!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fonts Slow EVERYTHING Down

Fonts are the slowest feature in programs from MS Office to Adobe. This problem just caused me to lose work because AI shut down while trying to figure out how to manage a standard font with which I was working. Thanks for nothing AI and your simpleton font generators. You're fired.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Large Amounts of Text overrun text area, disregard justification

I'm using Illustrator CC (2017).
    I am creating a 6'x4' poster, where a single text box holds the entire text of the Bible (~730,000 words) as a single string of text (regular spaces between words, but no paragraph returns) in Helvetica Neue Lt Std, 107 Extra Bold Condensed, 3 pt size with 2.7 pt leading, all caps, full justification, default hyphenation. I am using a text wrap around a compound object with a transparent fill to create a negative space in the midst of this text block (in my case, that compound object is text converted to a shape, so…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Thanks for reporting this bug Illustrator Team really appreciate this.
    We are able to reproduce this issue in house and we are investigating it .

1 2 30 31 32 34 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base