Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace Font - Skip options does not let you skip

Replace Font - Skip options does not let you skip some times. Selected to Don't Show on documnent open. but it still Does, and at time WON'T let you proceed without fixing a font.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Resize tool fails to resize text above 1296 pt

Resizing a text frame using Resize tool or scripting API fails to resize the text within that frame if the resulting text would be greater than 1296 pt. This bug affects both the manual Resize tool and the scripting APIs (both resize method and size property).

To reproduce, create a text frame containing text at 129.6pt. Select it, then double-click the Resize tool and enter 1000%. This works correctly. Undo, then repeat for 1001%; this time the frame resizes but the text does not.

Using the equivalent JSX, the following fails to resize the text:

app.activeDocument.textFrames[0].resize(1001, 1001)

Setting the text…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All caps switching off

Type with all caps is changing back to whatever case it was typed in. In other words the all caps attribute is switching off. I'm pretty sure this is not operator error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Text disappearing when outlined

When outlining text in Illustrator, some of the text is disappearing, as though under a clipping mask, The text outlines are present but the text is not visible.
    Turning the fill to overprint stops this happening, but I can't overprint white text....

I have tried on a brand new file, so there are no formatting issues. The typeface is irrelevant it happens on all types .otf or .ttf...

Illustrator 25.4.1 on Windows 10 pro 21H1, Build 19043.1165

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Area Type text stretching when transformed with another shape

When I transform an Area Type text box using the handles, it resizes the Area and the type fits according to paragraph settings - which is what I want from Area Type - (first part of video).

But if I transform at the same time as another shape, selecting both at the same time - the type resizes like point type, stretching and scaling with the box, which is not how area type should behave - (second part of video).

So I can't transform an Area Type text box at the same time, for instance, as a holding shape that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Small caps do not work for Libertinus font (open type font)

The small caps feature does not work for the Libertinus Serif font (https://github.com/alerque/libertinus) in Illustrator. Only some of the letters get capitalized. It does, however, work with Libertinus Serif Display. (different variant of the same font family) This issue (from the font development page) contains more information: https://github.com/alerque/libertinus/issues/482
    Other programs like LibreOffice don't have this issue and render the small caps correctly, so it may be that there is an issue in Illustrator.

To reproduce: just download and install the Libertinus font, create a new document, add some text, apply the Libertinus Serif font and activate small caps…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Right-to-left text (Hebrew, Arabic, etc) on path does not display in correct direction. Rightmost character is displayed on the left side.

Hebrew, Arabic, and Persian text displays in the wrong direction. The leftmost character displays on the right, and vice versa.

Text direction needs to be automatic based on character set, NOT on a global configuration setting. Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian characters should always be displayed right to left, even when mixed with English or other characters that go left-to-right.

Otherwise it is impossible to create documents that contain both English and Arabic text; one or the other will be always displayed backwards, which is just dumb.

Windows Notepad got this right years ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Corrupt rendering of font Aktiv Grotesk Condensed Light

Our font Aktiv Grotesk Condensed Light has weird rendering artifacts in the glyphs "C", "b" and "p", but only on macOS 11.5.1 and Illustrator 25.4.1 (InDesign on the same platform is fine; on Windows, both are fine). See screenshot. Can't attach the font here so I'm sending it to Josh Hadley at Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Font appears as boxes

Windows 10 Home Edition
    Illustrator 2021

I receive machine layouts created in AutoCad & saved as PDF. When i open them in Illustrator for corrections font appears as boxes. I have been managing so far by opening the PDF in CS3 & resaving.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Align text elements on their baseline

Text MUST be autoaligned on baseline not on spacing between ascender height and descender height. This missunderstanding of how text is to be aligned is insane! This worked perfectly in earlier versions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why does the envelope sign appear at the end of copy/paste text?

Example Copy/paste text:
    Why does the envelope sign appear when I copy
    text from somewhere else and paste it into
    illustrator?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ö and Ü missing in action

The letters ö and Ö cannot be typed in with the corresponding keyboard key on an Icelandic keyboard (and I understand a German friend has the same problem with ö and ü on his German keyboard).

However, there are workarounds: You can type the diaeresis / umlaut followed by o or u to create the desired glyph. Alternatively you can use the Glyph palette to insert these glyphs.

This does not come naturally to those of us using said glyphs in our native languages. Still, it does indicate that this is not a problem with Illustrator's recognition of glyphs, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Font style not applying correctly

Using the character window.
    When trying to alter pre-typed text, changing using Font Family menu in character window works, but changing using Font Style menu does not (the window states that it has changed, but the preview does not show the change)

Operating System: Mac OS 11.4
    Illustrator Version: Beta - 25.5 360

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Eyedropper applies colour to whole text in Text Area

Illustrator 25.3.1 on MacOS Big Sur 11.4

When I try to apply a text style to my selection using the eyedropper, it applies the colour to the whole text area (not just the selected text).

In the vid: all the text becomes blue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. BUG - Kann Umlaute ü und ö nicht per Tastatur eingeben

Seit dem Update auf Illustrator 25.4 kann ich die Umlaute "ü" und "ä" nicht auf der Tastatur eingeben. Es wird einfach nichts eingetippt.

Habe die vorherige Version 25.3.1 installiert und es ging wieder.

Bitte dringend patchen!!!

Windows 10 Pro 21H1, 19043.1110

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

17. alt+gr typing pass through

So, after spending an hour googling through different people having language / character issues with alt+gr on windows in Illustrator, I think I have identified what is happening (see screenshot)

Win10 can do mixed display language / keyboard layout combinations that most Adobe products will handle just fine, but Illustrator seems to set keyboard language based on general language set, not on keyboard language set.

So, if I type my normal alt gr+q for @ symbol or alt gr+e for € symbol on a german layout while using english language with german keyboard, it does not pass through as altgr+e…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Random text disappearing from box

Big Sur 11.4
    Adobe Illustrator 25.3.1

When I open some of my ai files the text inside a text box disappears. If I try to create a new text box to replace that text it keeps disappearing. This only happened to me after updating to Big Sur. It's extremely frustrating as I haven't found a way to work around it.

First photo is how it appears when I look at a preview of the ai file before opening, second photo is what it looks like when I open the file. (Don't mind the black lines, I wanted to keep that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Optical kerning changes when opening AI file in Illustrator 2021

Opened an AI file created April 2021 (using Optical kerning) to make changes. Kerning looks ok when I first open the file, but when I click on the text, the kerning changes significantly.
    The font used is Georgia. Mac OS 10.15.7. Illustrator 2021 25.3.1. I had to open the file in Illustrator 2020 and copy the kerning values between the letters. I then opened the file in Illustrator 2021, changed from Optical to Metric and entered the kerning values from the Illustrator 2020 file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base