Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

669 results found

1. Missing Font On Documents That Were Just Open

I have been having issues with fonts dropping out of coworkers documents since I updated to CC2018 but this is the first time I have reopened one of my own files and had font claim to be missing that I was just using.

I had assumed previously that my coworkers had just had a different named version of the fonts but today I saved and closed one of my own files to restart my pc because AI was running slowly (separate issue, i know) but when i reopened my file 10 minutes later I have 6 fonts missing.

When I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Font size dropdown not displaying list of default font sizes when clicked

1. Illustrator version 22.0.1 (latest release)
    2. Issue occurs when changing font parameters
    3. Expected the font size dropdown to appear upon click
    4. Clicking on the font size drop down arrow does not display the list of font sizes as it is meant to.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Set Area Type width to larger than 13.888 inches via Type->Area Type Options... dialog

Though the type tool can draw area type boxes of any size, the width property of the Area Type Options dialog box can only be set up to 13.888 inches. This means that for any wider area type, whenever you change a property within the Area Type Options it will be resized to 13.888 inches wide.

This is not a new problem as seen in this thread started in 2010: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/701249.

I often work on area type larger than this seemingly arbitrary limit. If I adjust the columns, gutters, inset or any other property found within the Area Type…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. Snap to Point does not work with Text Objects anchors

Snap to Point used to work on the anchor points of a Text Object. It's broken now.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. when .75 size for letter selected it prints .50 instead how to correct?

when .75 size for letter is selected it prints .50 instead how to correct? I am using illustrator cc 18

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Type reverting to default when using shift or symbols.

When within the text box, every time I use a symbol (i.e. parenthesis, bullet point) the action causes the type font to revert back to default. In the attached image I was using Acumin and after the parenthesis it reverted back to Myriad Pro.

It's just inconvenient to have to select the text over again and make it the correct font.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. cant copy text from illustrator and paste to indesign

When I attempt to copy selected text characters (not the object) and paste in Indesign, I get outlined characters. I have to go through TextEdit, or any other place I can paste text, then copy it again to get text that will paste in Indesign as characters.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest version of Illustrator and InDesign have better handling of the buffer contents now. A selection of text at character level from Illustrator now gets copied and pasted fine in Indesign.

Please check if it works for you now and comment back.

8. Selecting font for styled text

While trying to change the font of a styled text box by scrolling throgh the font list, the list glitches and closes. Sometimes selecting a different font randomly and sometimes there font of the text box stays the same.
    Happening on multiple files with different-styled text. The issure does not seem to happen while working with regular-styled text.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Selection tool not working with Text

Intermittently, the selection tool isn't working with my text. For area type, the bounding box will disappear (and "show bounding box" is enabled). When it re-appears, often there is a lag between when I move the text and when the bounding box follows it. If there is no lag, it is not uncommon for the bounding box not to move at all.

OR my selection tool will (on area type) act only like a direct selection tool. And the transformation controls on each side of a rectangle of the type box will disappear. All I can do is use the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are getting response from users that they are facing this issue no more on Latest Illustrator released version .Hence marking this issue as resolved.

In case you are still encountering this issue.
    Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com .Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

10. Font Family menu

: Illustrator CC 2018 (22.0.1) : Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) : Intel HD 530 GFX card : Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 :

When setting the font family in the Character Panel, the expanded menu will appear mostly black (see attached file AiFontMenuBug.jpg) and makes browsing fonts tricky. This appears to only happen when using the font scaling on my Wacom Cintiq pro 16. When the Character Panel is moved to my other screen, which isn't font scaled, it behaves normally. (see attached file AiFontMenuBug2.jpg)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scrolling over the Font Family closed dropdown doesn’t respect Filters applied properly

You guys are amazing. I can set my mouse over the font selection box, and without opening the drop down menu, I can scroll through fonts.

The bug is that after setting my font filter, I continue to scroll through an unfiltered list of fonts, unless I open the drop down menu.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Since the recent update, some fonts randomly deactivate in both Illustrator and Indesign. Also when typing a font name in the search box of

Since the recent update (Dec2017), some fonts randomly deactivate approx every half an hour, in both Illustrator and Indesign. Also when typing a font name in the search area of the type window, the letters jumble around making it impossible to search and jump directly to the font I want - it's incredibly frustrating and time wasting.
    Can you please tell me how to fix this bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Syncing font from Typekit never works

When opening a file that I have used Typekit fonts in, the missing fonts dialog box tells me they are missing, but are available to sync from Typekit.
    I have tried the following to restore my fonts

1. Press "Sync" from the missing font dialog box inside illustrator. (this does nothing. it loads forever and never updates my fonts)
    2. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts.
    3. Close file. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Re-open file.
    4. Quit Illustrator. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Launch Illustrator. Open file.

NOTHING works.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all of you who had contacted us. Here is the solution

Kindly try the troubleshooting Steps mentioned on Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/kb/troubleshoot-font-syncing.html .
    If above mentioned link does not resolve your problem Kindly collect the logs as mentioned in the e link and get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

NOTE: For Myraid pro refer to the link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1638311

14. Selecting text with triple-click and navigating it with Cmd-arrows

Since day one with Macintosh. Click ONCE for a point, Click Twice for a WORD, click Three times for a sentence, Click four for a paragraph.

Illustrator CC 2018 no longer sees a Forced line break as the end of the sentence. All previous versions of Illustrator worked fine.

Triple clicking now selects from Paragraph return to Paragraph return.
    This is definitely a BUG.

Breaks, ^n is the common notation in a find field. But does not have one for a more common Paragraph Return.

You can copy the hidden paragraph return and search for this. The search field will…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When exporting to a png or eps, the text in the file are blurry and i cannot use for anything.

When exporting to a png or eps, the text in the file are blurry and i cannot use for anything. You can see how jagged the edges are.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Find Font broken between OSX and Windows

Find Font is broken.

For a missing font it requests a different font for OSX and Windows for the same file. It has something to do with the family name or font name or something. The important thing is that it is inconsistent between OS and is impossible to determine the correct font due to this error. This is confirmed to be effecting many people.

Here is a link to a detailed explanation of what is going on with pictures showing the differences between operating systems.

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/102270/how-to-determine-correct-font-name-between-osx-and-windows-with-adobe-find-font

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reverting Text to default State after Live Preview of character properties

I'm on an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.2 and Illustrator CC 22.0.1

Text will randomly hide bounding boxes, apply tracking to text not selected, and refuse to apply adjustment to selected text. Closing the document and re-opening normalize things temporarily, but above behaviors come back.

All CC apps seem laggy and unstable after 2018 updates.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

18. Font Suggestion and Cursor misbehaving

I'm already feeling a lot of regret for updating to CC 2018!
    Now anytime I want to change a font, and I start typing in the name, no suggestions come up. Sometimes, the cursor jumps backwards and start inserting characters midway. I feel frustrated and fed up.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Love,

Looks like your setting is set to “Search First work only”. Click on the search icon and from the drop down select “Search Entire Font Name”

Thanks
    Anish

19. Type on path issue

Illustrator 22.0.1 (64-bit)
    When I move the beginning or ending tabs of the path after placing the text such as to center the text on a oval, once I move one or the other of the starting or ending placings, the lines to move them disappear. I am attaching a before and after picture to show you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Kerning one pair effects the spacing of other random pairs.

I'm having an issue when I go to kern a letter pair, the kerning effects the spacing between other pairs.

I believe this similar bug was reported for CS5 but I am using CC 2018 22.0.1

https://forums.adobe.com/message/4321697#4321697

I have tried:

• Clearing all Illustrator settings at startup.
    • Making sure text is not centered or justified
    • Using default font Myriad Pro with default settings.
    • Selecting all letters and zeroing out the kerning.
    • Turning off standard ligatures in Open Type

Still this issue persists.

Attached is an animated gif of the issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base