Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

669 results found

1. Unwanted characters appearing when outlining text.

When using Type > Create Outlines, there is a chance of unwanted characters appearing.

Attached is a file where the error is reproducible. Notice how an additional "d" and "g" appear with you outline the text.

This file was created using Ai CC v22.0.1 and according to forum posts ive found, this issue has existed since CS4 or possibly earlier.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Wrapping text causes font changes and misalignment of text lines

When I wrap text around a picture, the font completely changes and the text lines become offset from the actual text, making it impossible to edit text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fonts not syncing

Hello, my fonts are showing up after I sync them from Typekit. All off my fonts that I have downloaded are not showing up. Please address. Thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Type On Path bug with OpenType-SVG fonts

• Apply a text to a curved path.
    • Apply a color font like Trajan to the curved text. This results in incorrect glyph rotation.
    • The rotation issue is no visible with CFF glyphs.
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cursor navigating with arrow keys not moving

When modifying text, the cursor no longer moves with the arrows (left, right, up, down) on keyboard. I have to click with my mouse everytime now.

This just occurred today. Please help!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

7. missing fonts logged in error

When I open a document with missing fonts, the 'resolve missing fonts' screen keeps telling me I'm currently logged out of Creative Cloud, and to go to "help/log in". This despite the fact I'm logged in, and going to "help" shows my account name and logged in status..

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes , Kindly follow the steps mentioned on the Kb Article "https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html

If they don’t solve the problem, collect the logs as per instruction in the troubleshooting page and email to fontsupport@adobe.com and support@typekit.com .

8. Character Panel doesn´t change fonts name

AI version: last one, 22.0.1
    I typed the same words in 10 different fonts (all Google fonts), and they all look different of course, but when selecting them a second time, the font shown in the Character panel was always the same. I closed Illustrator and then it worked for few minutes, then the same issue appeared again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Illustrator CC 22.0.1 Type Anti-Aliasing Issue

Illustrator CC 22.0.1 Type Anti-Aliasing Issue

1. The dropdown menu in the type window for anti-aliasing options is disabled seemingly at random.

1. The anti-aliasing dropdown menu in the type window allows me to designate a render setting to one type selection however, this setting also seemingly applies to all type on the document (i.e. I cannot apply "Sharp" to one text block and "Strong" to another).
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Extended top and bottom of glyphs of variable fonts are not rendered

Vertically long glyphs with variable font are not rendered at the top and bottom. Please see attached file.
    When the character size is small or when the zoom ratio is small, all rendering is done normally.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

11. Issues with changing font type

I am using Illustrator 22.0.1 to design a logo. I've tried this on both my MacBook Pro and on my iMac and had the same thing happened:

With the document open, I double-clicked on of the words to get the Type panel to open on the right. I then made my selection with the Type tool and then clicked the font drop down menu to change the font and started scrolling.

I need to be able to scroll through the font dropdown menu to browse the fonts so I can make a selection.

Instead, the font menu bugs out and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. warped text

Trying to change font size after text has been Warped in Illustrator is not working correctly. It's just warping the text further, & not making it smaller.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Text block cursor not indicating the actual cursor location.

Text block cursor not indicating the actual cursor location.
    This has happened a few times to me, but is not consistent.

When editing text in a type block I use the pointer to hi light the area where changes are required but the changes occur at a different point in the text.
    I have attached an image to clarify this - the black editing block is hi lighting the additional space I intend to delete but the actual character deleted is a few characters away (in this case the letter 'f' which shows with a blue edit line in this…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Making a button - Changing stroke on text to shape adds extra point [BUG]

1. Illustrator CC 2018
    2. I was trying to make a scalable button with the text tool:

Used text tool to write "Label", then in the appearance panel I added a stroke under Characters and then turned it into a rounded rectangle and adjusted the size to the desired shape. This did what I want, except it added an extra point it seems that causes an artifact in the shape. Is there any way you could fix this to close the shape properly/ also be able to adjust the stroke alignment for this.

1. Expected a nice smooth pill shaped button
    2. The shape…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Font cuts disappeare

After a short time of working, the font styles disappear from the font menu. They are then no longer selectable.
    If I select Text in the document, the Myriad is displayed instead of the correct font.

I have checked which actions the problem occurs. Even if there is no user action and the document has been opened correctly and without error, Illustrator will switch to Myriad after a few minutes and will partially remove the fonts of the previously selected font from the menu.

I took the following test:
    I have opened a document. ClanOT was previously selected as the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Font Drop Down List - HUGE

My font drop-down list in Illustrator huge. I can scroll through the list and select a font, but if I search for a font my list gets cut-off and I can't scroll or arrow down past where it gets cut off. I'm on the most recent and updated version of Illustrator, I've restarted my computer, and uninstalled and re-installed Illustrator. This is only happening in Illustrator. It's been a couple of days that I've noticed this bug. I'm working on a PC. I'm working on a company computer and a company licensed version of Adobe CC.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deleting segment of path for 'Type on path' and than undoing it gives wrong result

I have type on path.
    I delete one segment of the path, and text is now overflowing.
    I undo deletion, path got restored, but text does not — it is still trimmed, and I have to NOTICE this and drag end marker back.
    'Undo' must restore previous state fully.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

18. Freeze screen

Sometimes the text boxes freeze and seem like I can't edit but actually are editable, is just I can't see exactly what I am doing.
    The other thing, and is a major issue, is that the outline mode is not visible, apparently, I can activate it but there nothing changes on my screen besides the option that shows that the mode is active.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Point type won't select with indents

Point type can't be selected and moved at anchor point when left or right indents are applied.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Selection of multiple text objects - changing font not working

We can no longer change the font of multiple text objects at once.
    When multiple text objects are selected, Ai thinks this is a 'mixed selection' and does not come up with the typeface selector. Slowing down my work incredibly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base