Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rotation of a text while Snap to Grid is on

You can't rotate a text with the Rotate tool when Snap to grid is on.

Please watch the GIF attached.

Then try to replicate.

Open the attached document.
    Enable Snap to Grid.
    Select text.
    Grab Rotate tool.
    Hold Shift (or even do not).
    Try to rotate the text.
    Failure?
    If yes, move it a bit to the side (with snapping still on) and try again.
    Experiment a bit with different positions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Type — Different Opacity Settings Not Displayed (GPU Preview)

AI Version: 25.2
    Using GPU Preview

Problem:

• With some type selected, edit the text and change the Opacity of only some letters.
    • Note that those characters do not look changes.
    • Switch to CPU Preview and note that the Opacity of those letters now display as expected.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Apple Emoji glyphs now crop at the bottom when rasterising + viewing - after Big Sur update

I have updated to Big Sur. 2018 MacBook Pro. The Apple Emoji glyphs updated. Now, they are cropped about 3-5px on the bottom. Baseline shift doesn't help, rasterising doesn't help, changing the size of the type doesn't help. The emoji are permanently cropped now in both 2019 and 2020 AI versions, as well as in Photoshop. This is both when viewing the letterform, and when rasterising or outlining it. Please help! <3 I am trying to finish a job that looked great before Big Sur. Can't find anything on line.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Emoji Baseline issues

Using macOS Big Sur with Illustrator 25.0.1

Anytime I use emojis on Illustrator, a portion of the emoji below the baseline gets cut off. When I zoom out, it looks normal again. I haven't had this issue before. Even on export, a chunk at the bottom of the emoji still gets cut off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Myriad Pro Condensed text disappears

I opened up an Illustrator file that I update yearly. The text is all in Myriad Pro, in a variety of styles. The section of text that was in Myriad Pro Condensed completely disappeared. The text line was still there, but when I typed nothing appeared. Changed the style to any other style (regular, bold, bold condensed and I can type it in, but if I change it back to condensed it disappears again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Text height is wrong

When you select a specific text height, it is not correct. Say for instance you select 1 inch for text height but in reality the cap height is .68 inches. We work at a sign shop and a lot of jobs require a specific text height. This is misleading when I pick 1 inch for text height and it is no where near 1 inch in height. Can you please make it where the text height corelates to the actual cap height of the text, otherwise this feature is useless.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Text on path gets selected when you marquee over empty space

When I need to select something under the arc, like it’s shown in the GIF attached, I can use marquee and the the type object gets selected.
    Why?
    Did I click the path? No.
    Did I click the text? No.
    That’s just the 'Illustrator’s way'. Can you make an option to disable this nonsense?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Variable Font bug: "wiggling" top of "U"

1. Download and unzip https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b6k0izkm5ma3dy/200719-AdobeVFBug.zip?dl=1

2. Install the font from font/DaikonVF-mini.ttf

3. Run Illustrator 24.2.1

4. Type "AU" and choose the Daikon VF font

5. In the property bar, click the Variable Font button and move the weight slider between the extreme locations. Observe how the top of "U" "wiggles" (jumps up and down). This is shown in videos/DaikonVF-Illustrator-24.2.1,.mp4

6. The same problem occurs in InDesign 15.1.1

7. The same problem occurs in DTL OTmaster 7.9 and in FontView 2019 (an open source app built from https://github.com/googlefonts/fontview ) — both apps use older versions of the FreeType library.

8. The problem no longer occurs in FontView 2020 (which I’ve…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Align Text box with Object

Using Windows 7 or High Sierra and Illustrator 24.2

Align text with any object is not aligned properly. Presently it takes text box and actual height/width of text and aligns object width/height.

I understand this is way Illustrator text work, but can changed/update so can properly aligns. Hoping to get it resolved in near coming versions.

The alignment should work like Indesign or any vector program. Check attachment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy text on path with option held crashes Illustrator.

I am creating type on a path. When I copy the text with option and drag it to paste, Illustrator consistently crashes without any recovery options.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Text path vanishes when moving it with selection tools (black or white arrows)

Since updating to version 24.1.2 from Adobe Illustrator 2019, whenever I move text objects using any of the selection arrows, the highlighted path disappears during moving and only reappears when I stop moving the text object. This is frustrating as I can't see the baseline or centre point of the text object while trying to align it to something else. This never happened before I updated Illustrator. My OS is macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Illustrator version 24.1.2.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. font kerning

The kerning between the letters "F" and "i" is not working in illustrator whichever font I use. It works in Indesign

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Black versions of color fonts are no longer accessible

EmojiOne font B&W fallback version is no longer accessible in current versions of Illustrator. This is a crying shame! I am forced to stay with AI CC2015 because I need access to the black and white version of this font. Why would Adobe take away a perfectly useful variation of a font because it is a "color" font????

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ligatures in Baskerville URW

Although ligatures appear on the Adobe Font Library website for "Baskerville URW" and are visible in the glyph panel, they will not update in Illustrator text object.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Creating new paragraph or character style does not honor selected text

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/illustrator/using/character-paragraph-styles.html

^ That page states you can select text, and click the new paragraph or character style button to create a new style that uses the selected text as a base. This does not work at all, it just creates a new style with Myriad and default settings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Space After Paragraph is Missing

I'm using Illustrator 2020, v24.0.1 on a MacBook Pro using OS Mojave v10.14.6

Not sure where it went, but in the Paragraph tool, the "Space After Paragraph" feature is simply gone. I've rebooted the program and its still missing. Need this basic standard feature back ASAP.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Letter Spacing

Open Type Letter Spacing doesn’t work properly. If I enable "all caps" the (usually ******) spacing is not applied.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are able to reproduce this at our end and the issue is currently under review.

18. Files change type position/spacing when opening file saved in older versions of illustrator

Files opened in 23.1.1 saved in recent previous versions of illustrator change spacing, position and kerning.

I am working in 23.1.1 and the files in question were saved in a recent previous version. What happens is only certain fonts (all open type format in document) jump position by as much as 1 point. this has been confirmed on multiple machines running new version (23.1.1)

It appears that kerning/spacing/tracking gets altered. The attached file shows the comparison between new version and old version. green highlights show amount of distance of shifting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Font scrolling

When scrolling through fonts and selecting, it starts over from the beginning instead of where I left off, causing frustration and time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fonts you use disappearing

First, I have done everything the Adobe support team told me and it didn't fix the problem. I have also reset Illustrator multiple times and re-install it and it didn't fix the problem. I also have no control an any Issues that I'm having so I can't tell you what I do that causes the problem it happens randomly like all Issues that I have shared and haven't shared yet.

I have attached a screenshot of the Issue that makes it clear whats happen with random fonts (typekit included).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base