3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text spacing

There is some kind of problem with the text spacing feature. It has been causing issues such as duplication of previous text, deleting text from another part of the page, causing all text to be spaced incorrectly and more.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slow doing anything.

When I open the program, everything is going and moving fast, after awhile it gets really slow!
    I understand that it maybe after awhile the cache gets full and the program gets to operate slower but this is not the case here.
    With previous versions I didn't have to close and open the program in order for it to speed up. I would go for weeks not needing to close it. Right now in just couple of hours the program works from fast to being slow for no reason.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Offset pen tool

When I try to draw with the pen tool the point is a couple points offset from where I click with the cursor. I have the latest version of Illustrator on my MacBook Pro and it just started doing this while I was in the middle of a project. I've tried restarting Illustrator but that didn't fix anything.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Type Object Selection by Path Only" no longer works

I've been using this option from the start and the new version (Oct 18) ignores the preference and I have to click down to select objects below the type. VERY annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Smart Guides not working in Illustrator CC 2018 even after I turn on snap to pixel

Smart Guides had not worked for me in a long time now. I update illustrator regulary and have snap to pixel turned off.

I have been using illustrator for over 13 years so I know all the tricks and methods and this drives me nuts.

In Sketchapp for example I select the object, hold the alt key and it will show me all the margins and distances around the selected object. That is a time saver.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator CC (2018) will run out of memory and/or crash

Will sip every mb of your memory and won't let me zoom in after that, changes to CPU preview and will tell that there's no memory left and crash.
    Happened to me several times in one day alone and with only 2 files open (light vector only). I have a 24Gb RAM workstation and it swallows 20GB in 1/2 hour.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Slow performance when opening file from SMB3 volume

Illu CC2018, OS X 10.11, SMB3 volume: open, save, place links etc. on/from SMB3 volume is incredibly slow (smae with SMB1 and SMB2). Indesign & PS CC2018 do not show this behaviour.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Slow response time

I have been using a my 2014 Macbook Pro with no problems using Adobe Illustrator. However I recently switched over to a PC i7-6850K CPU and two EVGA 1080 GFX cards. And I find that when I use AI after about 1 hour it starts to seriously lag... getting worse as time goes on. The only way I have been able to temporarily resolve this is to close AI entirely and then re-open the program.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bugged redraw/tearing when drawing a shape causes window to scroll.

1. Illustrator CC2017.1.0

2. Click and drag with a shape tool (e.g. rectangle) and while dragging move to the edge of the window so it causes it to scroll.

3. The window should redraw the newly visible parts of the document as the window scrolls them into view.

4. Depending on whether GPU acceleration is enabled or not you get nothing or you get the edge pixels repeated endlessly during the scroll until you release the mouse.

5. See video for explanation: youtu.be/JC1anKCewQs

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Illustrator 2020 24.3 Extremely slow performance and lagging on Windows 10

Extremely slow performance and lagging making Illustrator unusable under win 10 pro. Massive lag (sometimes 10 sec) when moving, selecting, objects or zooming, sometimes when selecting tools.

I had v23.4 installed on the same machine with Win 7 a week ago and had no issues. New install of Windows 10 with the same version of illustrator is unusable even though my machine spec is above requirements and has no other issues.

I've installed the previous version of illustrator to test but had the same performance issues.

All drivers updated, and ran through performance troubleshooting in adobe support pages.

Win 10…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AiRobin hogging huge amounts of RAM (between 12GB and 16 GB) and at times slows the machine down.

I have turned off "background save / export" which is apparently the purpose of AiRobin. Nonetheless, it has continued to run for the couple of months since I turned those off. Today I had InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator open momentarily; I try to avoid that, but usually it's fine for 5 or 10 minutes. This time it wasn't, and I could literally do nothing (even move the mouse for the most part) for close to 15 minutes. I was finally able to pull up Activity Monitor and I ended the process for AiRobin. Immediately things improved. But sure enough, AiRobin…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Overprint Preview unbearably slow

When using overprint preview this app grinds to a halt, it's absolutely awful, please fix / improve

Mac OS 0.15.6,
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
    3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Ai 24.2.3

switching between overprint preview brings my Mac to a slow grind
    My expected result... that a professional application is fit for purpose
    My actual result.... a slow and un-usable not fit for purchase application that I have no choice other than to use.!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Copy/Paste No Longer Working

Upon opening Illustrator, copy/paste feature will work once, then will not work again. Have tried various troubleshooting methods and adjusting settings others have had with similar issues to no avail. This is costing me money. I'm under deadlines.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Switching project tabs fails to update to selected project

In recent updates, including the June 2020 Illustrator update, tabs fail to switch projects, displaying only the current project for up to 15 seconds before slowly refreshing and switching to the selected open project tab. This happens several times a day and drastically effects productivity. (macOS Catalina 10.15.5, Macbook Pro 16 2019)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Illustrator crashes when using certain tools, when macbook goes to sleep, when left on too long, when selecting items (CMD+A)

Going mad trying to fix this bizzare problem on my new 2019 Macbook pro.

• Latest version of illustrator (24.1.2)

-Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, MD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Since maybe last month, illustrator has been crashing more and more frequently, and at the strangest of times. I have everything almost exactly the same on my 2018 Macbook Pro and Illustrator is totally fine on that one. I can't quite figure out what is going wrong with this laptop.

For instance:

-When I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spacebar isn't working as a shortcut hand tool.

This feature was working yesterday on my AdobeCloud Illustrator app. I got a notification that there were updates on the Cloud but it wasn't for Illustrator. When I went into the program today, I am now unable to use the spacebar as a temporary Hand tool. I didn't change anything in my preferences. Nothing was different than how I use the program since yesterday. Not sure how to fix this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Illustrator and InDesign crashing multiple times a day

I have a weird crash — many but not all times I step away from my Mac (2020 MacBook Pro 16" running Catalina; 64GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB), Illustrator goes down (and often, InDesign as well). I'll come back and wake up the machine and am greeted with system crash messages. The crash message seems to be related to Dispatch queue. Is it possible this is tied to sleep functionality, or perhaps a GPU issue? Would love to resolve this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Align to Key Object not selectable unless Tool panel is open

BUG REPORT: "Align to Key Objects" is (sporadically) not selectable as an align method, unless objects are selected while the Tool Panel is open.

If this panel is closed during object selection, then the "Align to Key Objects" option is greyed out in both the Toolbar and in the Tool Panel (even after it is expanded/opened). This does not happen on every occasion.

(Running Illustrator CC 2019 on Mac OS 10.14.2)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mac OS Wacom brush lag

UPDATE: I kept researching and found on another support blog to try hiding the rulers and right away my brush quit lagging by at least 85-90% improvement. Actions taken: View > Rulers > Hide Rulers. Weird, but it worked for me. I hope this helps anyone else with this issue. Ideally, we'd like to have this fixed so that rules can stay open, but nice to have a quick fix too.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM:
    I'm on a MacOS Catalina (most recent Mac upgrade). I'm using a Wacom Tablet (up-to-date drivers) and the subscription version of Adobe Illustrator. My brush is lagging…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. too slow and laggy, small edits also end up in not responding or hanging and crashes.

After the last update (24.0.1) Illustrator is too slow and laggy. Crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing, small edits also end up in not responding or hanging and crashes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base