Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8338 results found
-
Area type centering option not working, text jumps to top of frame
When creating text frame with area type (it is not threaded nor multiple columns) set to center vertically, the text jumps to the top and will not center align at all. This is a function I have used in 2025 with no issues and now it will not work at all in 2026.
3 votesThis problem is reportedly fixed in the latest Beta Build 30.5.0.18. You can update and test if it’s truly gone.
However, please not there are some known issues with this particular build:
- Opening recent files from Home Screen Recent section is not working (opening recent files from File > Open Recent Files works fine).
- Generative Expand does not open its own HUD when used after Generate Vector, Generative Shape Fill, or Sketch to Vector. Instead, the previous tool's HUD is displayed and Generative Expand remains inaccessible. Workaround: Ungroup the generative content first, then apply Generative Expand.
- Half of Astute Graphics plugins can’t get loaded. Both teams are now aware of the problem.
-
Hitting Tab key after changing artboard name in Artboard palette
If I rename an artboard in the Artboards palette and press tab (e.g. to rename the next artboard), the new name only changes in the Artboards palette.
The artboard name visible on the canvas, and the one used when exporting files, is still the old name.
If I press the Return key after making a name change in Artboards palette it works as expected.
Would like to be able to Tab through the list and make changes.
Illustrator v30.1, MacOS 26.1
3 votesThe fix has been pushed into the latest 30.3 general release. Please update, check, and comment back if it still happens.
-
The gradient is not displayed correctly when moving the shape in any blending mode (e.g. Screen)
When I move an object with a gradient in a blend mode, the gradient seems to stay in place while I move it, and only applies after I release the cursor. As you can see from the screenshots, I am not moving the gradient, but rather moving the object itself.
This is very annoying; I've never had this happen before. I'm very disappointed that I updated to the new version.
Is there any solution?
Illustrator 30.1 / 30.0
3 votesThis issue is reportedly fixed in the latest Beta 30.3.126 build.
Kindly update (or install) to verify the fix making it behave as expected, to allow the team to safely push it into the next general build.
If it still works wrongly — please comment back.
-
freedom gradient works only on half of the object if it has a clipping mask
When applying a Freeform Gradient to an object that uses a clipping mask, the gradient is rendered only on part of the visible area instead of the entire clipped object. The remaining portion of the object appears unaffected by the gradient, as if the gradient calculation were limited to only a section of the underlying geometry.
3 votes -
Unable to open old ai or pdf files
Mac OS Tahoe, Ai version 30.1. <-- just updated 12/22/25
I cannot open complete, editable Ai or PDF files created in older previous Ai versions. A message appears that Illustrator could only partially read the file. If I continue it creates a file that cannot be edited. Opening and editing files is CRITICAL to our print shop business.3 votes -
リンク画像の拡縮率の表示がバージョンにより違う
1.macOS14.8.1 Illustrator2024(28.7.10) Illustrator2026(30.1)
2.背景が透明・レイヤー状態のpsd画像またはtif画像をイラストレーター2024と2026に配置をしました。画像の埋め込みはしていません。
3.イラストレーター2024と2026の結果が同じになると思っていました。イラストレーター2024の拡縮率%が正しいと思っています。
4.リンクパネルのリンク情報領域の拡大・縮小の数値がイラストレーター2024と2026で結果が異なります。2024は100%。2026は20.571%になります。3 votesWe apologize for the delay, but it appears this issue has been resolved in Beta 30.5.#154. Please update the software and check to see if it works as expected.
Thank you for the feedback. Keep it coming!
-
Text gets duplicated in the second threaded area
Good morning,
Often, when I have two linked text boxes, the text placed in the first box is repeated in the second box. This doesn't happen right at the beginning, when I link the text boxes. I notice this later, when I review the work done. Can you tell me why this happens?3 votes -
Brush Increase / Decrease Diameter Size vs Stroke Weight
Basically in Adobe Illustrator, just like other programs including Photoshop, there is the shortcut, Left and Right brackets ([ & ]) for increasing and decreasing brush strokes. However, one thing that is annoying for Adobe Illustrator is that when using the brackets for adjusting the size of the brush, the size of the brush does in fact increase, but the stroke stays the same.
The screenshot below shows a stroke of 1, but the circle size of the brush is much MUCH larger. The brush stroke size should be constrained to the stroke size. This may not seem like much…3 votes -
Illustrator v30.0 thinks file isn't saved, right after saving it
On some (but not all) files, Illustrator v30.0 will immediately add an asterisk to the name of the file in the tab, even though I have not made any changes to the file. If I save the file and then try to close the file, I am prompted to save the file again, despite having just saved it.
I just tested the exact same file in v30.0, v29.8.2 and v28.7.2, using MacOS 15.5 on a Studio M2 Max:
-I am saving the file to the desktop
-I have all settings related to "save in background" under "File Handling" turned OFF…
3 votes -
Blob Brush doesn't respect "Draw inside" when painting with a color existing outside
I included a picture to explain the problem.
If the user intentionally chooses to draw inside a shape, then that limit should be respected. but instead, if we are painting with a color that exists outside, new strokes merges with the older ones, resulting on the painting escaping the "draw inside" feature.I think that the blob Brush merging should be less aggressive and should respect masks, otherwise it's not intuitive and goes against user input, which qualifies this to be a bug.
3 votes -
Variable Google Fonts reset to minimum weight on file open in Illustrator
Issue Description:
When opening files in Adobe Illustrator, the program incorrectly handles Google Fonts variable families that use floating weight values (variable wght axis). All text elements that were assigned specific weight values (e.g., 400, 500, 600) are automatically reset to the minimum weight value after reopening the file. As a result, all text switches to the thinnest available style in the variable font.
Expected Behavior:
Illustrator should correctly save and restore the numeric values of variable font axes (in this case, the wght axis) and display text exactly with the weight settings assigned before saving.
Actual Behavior:
After reopening…
3 votes -
Centre Points of all objects are visible when I reopen files
Illustrator 30.0 on Mac Ventura 13.7.8
Each time I reopen a file in which I had a mix of objects with either visible or hidden centre points, most of these are visible (at least, those of paths, guides…) and they can get in the way.
I think this started happening with the new version 30.0 (or maybe just the one before).
Here are examples of 2 similar files, one with and one without all Centre Points showing.
3 votesThe team tried to fix this in Beta 30.1.0.109. The latest one is 30.2.0.12.
If you can — please try to use Beta and see if no centers will be enabled or disabled when reopening a file. The fix won’t remove those that are already in a document, so we need to to toggle them manually in the Attributes panel.
-
Spot swatch color is not saved correctly when changing the color of an existing swatch
Details of your operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19045 Build 19045)
The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop): 30.0
The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues:
Create a new document, add a spot swatch and set the color to 100% cyan (or any color). Apply this spot swatch to an object, like a rectangle for example. Save the document as an .ai file. Then, change the color of the spot swatch to a different color (for example 100% yellow, or any color). Save the document again as an .ai file. Open the document in Acrobat.Your expected…
3 votesReproducible at the team’s side, will be fixed
-
イラストレーターが全体に不具合
囲み選択(黒)をしても反応せず、別の場所をクリックすると囲み選択をしている風になります。
ただし、カット・コピー等の検索と置換より上の項目は指示出来ず、コピペも不可。グループ化も不可。
全く作業出来ず、途方に暮れています。3 votes -
Way too many anchorpoints after expanding strokes or using the 'Blob Brush' tool
Years and years ago something changed in Pathfinder commands, and when expanding the results contained many more anchor points than in the version before. I submitted a workflow and was told this could not be corrected in the next version and possibly not even in the version after that. It took years to get better, and it was still not as good as in CS2 (yes).
Now, expanding strokes or even using the 'Blob Brush' results in so, so many anchor points that an immediate 'Simplify' is required to create usable designs. Using both the 'Pen' tool and all other…3 votes -
Artboard Width & Height inputs vanished from the top Control panel / bar
Input fields to resize artboards were removed from upper tool bar. PUT IT BACK.
Now to access the width and height you must go to the Properties panel. Why are we making extra steps? Fix this3 votes -
[Bug] Perceptual Gradients change from CMYK to a RGB conversion of CMYK?
When I create a white to black gradient in CMYK mode as classic and it looks fine when separations previewed. When I change to peceptual it adds color in the areas from about 1% to 99% and does not stay black only. I tried it with 100% cyan to white and it added magenta and yellow in the same areas.
3 votes -
"Use Artboards" unchecked and still exporting artboards for SVG files
For PNG files, artboard is exported on first save, then saves correctly on the second attempt for whatever reason. Not so lucky with SVG. Having to manually export each one, open in a new window, crop the artboard, repeat...
3 votes -
Color assets from Libraries cannot be applied to objects in Illustrator 30.0 (2026)
After updating to Illustrator 2026, clicking a color swatch from the Libraries panel no longer applies the color to selected objects. The color swatch highlights but does not change the object’s fill or stroke.
- Drag-and-drop from Libraries to objects or the Swatches panel does nothing.
- Issue occurs with fill and/or stroke targeted.
- Behavior worked normally in previous Illustrator versions
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Illustrator 2026.
2. Open the Libraries panel (Window → Libraries).
3. Select an object on the artboard.
4. Click a color swatch in Libraries.Expected result:
The object’s fill or stroke should change to the selected…3 votes -
Swatch panel and gradient panel won't open at the same time. Can't change color of gradients.
Just upgraded to Illustrator 30.0 and now the swatch panel and gradient panel won't open at the same time. Can't change color of gradients. I've tried resizing, stretching... everything. This wasn't a problem until the upgrade to 30.0.
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?