Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8339 results found
-
Stroke arrowheads mislabeled
When changing the arrowheads on a stroke, the dropdown option images don't match the actual icon for the stroke arrowhead. It seems the the same arrowhead icon is previewing in the dropdown for multiple different selections. What you select is not what you get.
3 votes -
Filled area text boxes do not export to SVG (v. 28.4.1)
In the current 28.4.1 version, our files do not export to SVG correctly. You can easily reproduce this by creating any area text box and apply a fill to the box. The text will export, but not the filled box. We use this for all our our org charts and other graphics where we want the text to be easily centered in the boxes as the boxes get resized and moved.
3 votesThe team is able to replicate the bug and intend to fix it.
-
Incorrect object size when exported to SVG - Illustrator v 28.4.1
The latest Illustrator v28.4.1 generates slightly different SVG code compared to its precursors.
Attached is the code generated by 28.3 and 28.4.1 of the same design.
Then the latest version of the SVG file is loaded to my laser software (Glowforge) the design ends up being much smaller than it is supposed to be, for comparison a 12 cm square will only end up being 9 cm square. The issue disappeared once Illustrator was reversed to version 28.3 and files were re-opened and re-saved.3 votesThe problem seems to be solved with Beta 28.6.
If you experience this problem still — please comment back.
-
flickering zoom in / zoom out
Illustrator is making heavy flickering while zoom in/zoom out. I have 4090GPU but performance is terrible.
3 votes -
Placing an SVG file with View->Snap to Pixel enabled distorts the image
If I place an SVG file with View->Snap to Pixel enabled, some of the coordinates are displaced. See uploaded example, produced using version 28.3 (64-bit) on Windows 11. Unfortunately, the uservoice website won't let me upload a sample file.
3 votesExpected to be fixed in the latest Beta Build 29.5.35 — please check and comment back
-
長方形を方向キーで変形すると途中から半端な寸法数値になる
MacOS12.7.3, Adobe Illustrator28.3
ドキュメント設定の単位、 環境設定の単位→一般・東アジア言語をミリメートル、環境設定の一般→キー入力を0.1 mmに設定。
長方形を描画し、shift+方向キーの入力(1入力1mmの移動)で幅や高さを拡大または縮小していくと、4〜8回目くらいから中途半端な数値になります。方向キーのみでも何回めかに中途半端な数値になります。
ずっと整数で変形したいのに困っています。3 votes -
"Load paragraph styles" or "Load all styles" doesn't overwrite styles with same name
I have a set of 9 template files that I need to update. Each file contains an identical set of about a dozen paragraph styles. I want to update all the paragraph styles in all of the files.
I updated the styles in the first file (correctstyles.ai) and changed kerning from Auto to Optical. When I open the next file, (e.g. SHED-2023-5-simple-columns-narrow.ai), I use "Load Para Styles" and choose the first file (correctstyles.ai). When I check the style definitions, kerning is still set to Auto. The kerning value should have changed to Optical to match the style from…3 votes -
no me deja escalar ningún objeto (vectores, textos ni imagenes)
Al querer escalar objetos con la herramienta seleccion no me da la posibilidad para nada, ni textos, ni imagenes, ni vectores
3 votes -
Column graph rounding issue
When using %00 template in graph design decimal figures are not rounded up/down correctly. Eg. Figure 4.9 should display as 5 but actually displays as 4
See attached illustrator file.3 votes -
Dimensions new layer Do Not Print
Using the Dimensions tool on a layer designated as Do Not Print creates a new layer title Dimensions.
Example, I do all my dimensions, set the layer to Do Not Print. Later I realize I need to make an additional dimension. If I try to use the Dimension tool on the layer marked Do Not Print, it will create a new layer for new Dimensions.3 votes -
Info Palette incorrect on items using Clipping Mask
Objects with Clipping Masks show original width and height in Info Palette. Ex. a 10x10 square clipped to 2x2 will show as W: 10, H: 10 in Info.
In Properties/Transform the information is correct, i.e. W: 2, H: 2I typically don't like to see the whole Properties Panel nor need the editing abilities of Transform so I have the Info panel open. However, I would assume it would show the selected width and height vs. the clipped item's original size.
3 votes -
Reduce History Panel Minimum Width
Please reduce the history panel minimum width.
Currently it's wider than (almost?) all of the history step names.Ideally this panel width could reduce to just show the icons of each history step.
Common actions like Move and Clear would benefit from icons better representing the changes made.
All the different type adjustments would also benefit from displaying their corresponding icons from their respective panels (font size, letter spacing, line height, paragraph alignment etc.)
Thanks for delivering the History Panel!
3 votes -
AI HAVE THE WORST DIMENSION TOOL OF THE WORLD
You have to follow Rhino quote tool. There's a lot of mistakes in AI quote tool.
- I don't want to see "mm" after my quote.
I MUST have a snap on every elements of my drawing for quote my dimensions
I MUST have the possibility to snap different quotes to a single point
I MUST have the possibility to have orthogonal quote from oblique points
PLESE DO IT QUICKLY!!!! WITH THE LATEST VERSION OF AI CAD TOOLS NO LONGER WORK...I LOST 1500 EUROS OF SOFTWARE BECAUSE OF THIS CHANGE3 votes -
Links not included in Package - Illustrator 2024 Bug
When I package a file, the option to package images into a links folder is checked, yet it's not packaging them. This is happening on my home and work computer.
3 votes -
Global Edit says it’s not supporting more than 1000 objects, when there are less than this of these
I use Global Edit to count objects. It often says "Global Edit is currently not supported for more than 1000 highlighted objects." I know that there are a lot less than 1000 objects that I am trying to highlight.
Desktop 2021, OS Monterey 12.2.1
3 votes -
Center of rotation changes position after rotating with a dialog
Trying to rotate a path from a custom rotation location by entering the rotation as a value, not manually.
I'd expect that you can rotate from any given position by entering rotational values. As it is, your selected rotation position will instead default to center.
When you select a custom position to rotate a shape from, it only works if you manually rotate the object. You can't select a custom position and then type in a rotational value via enter or double-clicking on the rotate tool.
Win 11, Version 28.1
Video attached.3 votes -
Illustrator font bug
- Windows 11 Home
- Illustrator 28.1
- Installed font from Adobe Fonts, doesn't show up in Illustrator (but shows up in other Adobe programs)
3 votes -
The interface UI font fails to follow the Windows system settings. A lot of serif fonts are used in
The interface UI font fails to follow the Windows system settings. A lot of serif fonts are used in Chinese, making it very difficult to distinguish.
The red part does not follow the operating system font, and the blue part correctly follows the operating system font. In Chinese Windows, the default font of the operating system is "Microsoft Yahei"
3 votes -
Zig Zag applied to an art brush is glitchy.
A simple art brush made of several parallel rectangles has unexpected results when the Zig Zag effect is applied with smooth curves instead of sharp angles. Changing the number of stripes and/or the number of zigs alters the errors. Some of them are kind of pretty but I think I'd rather just see this working as expected.
I reproduced this on an M2 Mac running Illustrator 27.8.1, in both CPU and GPU rendering modes. I'm not sure what the person who originally observed this and got me investigating was using.
Uservoice isn't letting me upload an AI or a zip,…
3 votes -
Envelope Distort using a shape with 4 points as a top object generates an unexpected envelope
Text and envelope distort bug still needs work.
I've seen this reported before but it is strange why it has not been addressed in the latest version of AI, the envelope distort with top object will warp text for example, incorrectly, if the bounding object is at a certain angle. The workaround is not satisfactory because the bounding object must be rotated more horizontally to the text, resulting in an env. distort that's not the intended effect. Please see examples of before and after: one is correct (had to derive from CorelDraw), the other is not (AI).Another issue is…
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?