Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Image Washed Out When Uploaded to Illustrator

Whenever I upload an image, the color gets washed out and is completely different than the original image. Color Settings doesn't change anything, nor does changing the image type before uploading the image.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Problem deleting Spot Color

When I attempt to delete Pantone swatch for the swatch that's being used in my design, it should give us the warning to replace color just like InDesign. Instead, it just converts the color to CMYK without you even knowing which is a problem when you're trying to make sure you're only working with limited spot colors in the document. I remember getting warnings before like InDesign does... is this something new in the application? Could you please fix this issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CMY touch bar not working properly

1. My OS: MacOS 10.15.5 (Catalina) / Illustrator CC 2020 (24.2)
    2. a) Create a new document (CMYk mode)
      b) create a rectangle
      c) Use touch bar CMYk color space to change fill color
      d) Nothing happens.

3. Expectation:
      a) Create a new document (CMYk mode)
      b) create a rectangle
      c) Use touch bar CMYk color space to change fill color
      d) Change color according to colours sliders change.

4. No change on fill or stroke color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Selection Tools Not Identifying Color Swatches

Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
    Adobe Illustrator 2020

With the new release of Illustrator 2020 we are experiencing issues with the swatches applied to art being properly identified in the Swatches panel.

Both the Open Arrow Tool and Closed Arrow Tool are not correctly identifying color swatches applied to art when clicking and dragging to select.

• Select Open Arrow Tool
    • Click and drag to select art

Expected Result: Color swatch that is applied to the art will be selected in the swatch panel
    Actual result: Question mark appears in the swatch panel
    • On the same art using Open…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug with the Gradient live

Hey,

When I use the gradient tool (G), I don't see the gradient live, is it a bug or is it just on my side ?

Thank's for you'r help

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Inconsistencies in adding gradient swatches in Adobe software and Adobe's instructions for Illustrator gradient swatches are incorrect

Only one of the methods listed on the Adobe Illustrator help page regarding adding gradient swatches actually works..

There is no 'Add to Swatches' button in the Gradient menu (in fact, there is no Gradient menu, only a Gradient panel).

Dragging the Gradient fill box from the Gradient Panel to the Swatches panel does absolutely nothing.

Furthermore, the instructions 'Click the swatches menu in the Swatches panel and choose New Swatch' fails to explain the fact that you need to have your gradient selected and active in the active Fill or Stroke boxes.

On top of all of this, all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Illustrator suddenly changed from RGB to CMYK

Windows 10, Illustrator 2020

1. Working on a digital comic and suddenly colour has been changed
      from RGB to CMYK, which means I cannot copy and paste the colours
      I was repeatedly using anymore.

2. Black colour has been automatically replaced by a dark greenish black;
      upon further inspection, it can be seen that it is not completely black. It feels odd at plain sight. I have manually selected each line which has changed colour, but it keeps going back to that dark greenish black.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Excluding fill and stroke settings when applying a graphic style

Intention: I want to have a graphic style for applying shadows (using the material ui shadow requirements)

Because it does not seem to be possible to just copy and paste and existing effect of an element (like a drop shadow on a square element) I am using a workaround.

I created a graphic style with my desired shadow. I noticed that when applying the graphic style to element, it overwrites its color and stroke values.

I thought the setting "override character color" would prevent that from happening, but it doesn't. Everytime I'm applying a graphic style it replaces the stroke…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. CMYK Hex Code Color Change

Windows 10 Pro 18362.719 / Adobe Illustrator 24.0.1. (64bit)

I downloaded and opened a CMYK/Vector file I received through Google Drive, and a specific color on the file was slightly brighter than the color that is supposed to be.

I tried to replace the specific graphic with the original color by typing the hex code manually, but it also changed to the brighter color.

I heard it has been a common issue that has been around, but is there any way to keep the color?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. color

My colors in Illustrator are still displaying wrong.

There is a discussion about it here, that claims the bug has been fixed, but it has not.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-illustrator-colors-displaying-wrong/m-p/10987079?page=1#M179316

I am up-to-date in my version 24.1. I changed my Thunderbolt display colors back to factory settings in hopes of that being the issue, but it did nothing.

Please fix this bug. I am in the middle of making a postcard and it looks awful. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Symbol color management is different from color settings

Symbol color management is different from color settings

Example: Default CMYK Color profile is ISO coated v2 ECI
    RGB profile: sRGB
    When in CMYK file make a fill square in some color (for ex. 0-0-0-100) and create from this symbol, the color in symbol (symbol editing mode) stay 0-0-0-100, but symbol instance in file show the different color: 75-66-64-76.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After updateing to Adobe Illustrator 2020 the program chrashes after some hours running.

I am working on a PC with the Adobe illustartor 2020 (24.0.1)
    The program keeps chrashing now and then. I have not yet seen a a pattern but the last time it happened I was changing colour of an outlined pattern.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Align Stroke on live text not working

I have written out some text and trying to align the stroke to the outside or inside and this isn't working, I have tried this on two different Windows computers.

Both computers are using Windows 10 Pro and Illustrator 24.0.1

I have attached a video so you can see the bug, I also show it on two fonts and a shape which works but the alignment of a stroke and stroke profile don't work on live text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Color Picker Selects White Instead of Black

Very bizarre problem:

1. I will create a new object using the pen tool.
    2. I select the Stroke Color icon and choose black for a border color.
    3. Illustrator will invariably select white instead of black. I will have to go back to the color picker and select black again for it to stick. Really irritating.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spot color names are incorrect in other applications

I'm using Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) on macOS Mojave (10.14.6) in Japanese.

Opened an Illustrator 2020 file containing spot colors with Japanese names in Acrobat or place it to InDesign, the names are not as expected.

I can use English names for the new ones, but changing InDesign ink settings in all existing files can be difficult.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Gradient issues

2 problems in CC2020 on Mac OSX 10.15.1:
    1. Gradient annotator doesn't show on expanded shapes
    2. gradients inconsistently applying -- see attachment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us .
    2) Is this file specific or happens with any object in a newly created file also?
    3) Kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip File
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    Win: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly share the requested information at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

18. Illustrator Gradient looses blending when copied and pasted.

Trying to copy and paste a design with a gradient on it, And the gradient apears chunkier and sharper when copied into a new canvas. If i copy on the original canvas its fine, but not on a new one. Ive checked the grain values and opacity and they are all the same. Wondering if any one has a sultion to fix this bug?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Eyedropper tool to show color values on hover like Photoshop does

Please can you make the eyedropper work how Photoshop does so that when you hover the tool over your artwork, it shows the color values of what is under the cursor in the Info panel. You can get the info by clicking but would be really useful with gradients to see what that specific value is rather than it picking up the gradient when you click.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Black Swatch becomes CMYK when dragged to object

Black Swatch in color pallette (between none and white lower left corner) colour changes values to CMYK when dragged to object on page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base