Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

941 results found

1. Missing panels - restarting Illustrator brings them back

On more than one Mac we have an issue in Illustrator 23.0.1 where some of the panels disappear and we can't get them back without quitting Illustrator and reloading it. Resetting the workspace doesn't work and neither does choosing one of the missing panels from the Windows menu.

I did also have this on InDesign CC2018 but that has since been fixed in 2019.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. change measurements from pixels to inches with control click

(mac) used to be able to control and click in the corner of rulers - left hand side to change units of measurement ? please bring back???!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

3. Tools move in tool bar, I need to reset tool bar back to default but then moves again with 2/3 mins of working. Please advise. Thanks.

Tools move in tool bar, I need to reset tool bar back to default but then moves again with 2/3 mins of working. Please advise. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Disable jumping of dock icon during saving on MacOS

When saving documents with Adobe Cloud (e. g. Adobe Illustratior 23.0.1) apps on MacOS (10.14.1) the dock icon „jumps“ repeatedly. This is a MacOS feature to alert the user that the program that is „jumping“ needs something done by the user (like confirming or canceling something in a dialog box).
    But with Adobe apps the jumping of the dock icon has no meaning (aside from „I'm saving your document atm“ – which I know because I just started that process and can see the process bar on the dock icon). This is very distracting and misleading.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Window resize handle broken

Whenever I try to resize a document window now by clicking the lower right corner, it snaps to a larger size that fills the width of my screen and goes off the bottom beyond what my cursor can reach. I have to click the resize button at the top to undo. The only way I can now resize any window correctly is by dragging out from the sides and bottom individually. This is very time consumiing. Just fix it to how it used to work in every other previous version. It shouldn't take extra time with every new 'feature' you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. GPU Preview Shortcut Resetting

After changing the shortcut for "View using CPU" and "View using GPU" it reverts back to the original CMD+E setting when Illustrator is restarted. I noticed this bug after a 2015 update and it's still present after updating to 23.0.1.

Operating system: macOS Mojave 10.14

I've been able to replicate the issue on three other computers by doing the following: change the keyboard shortcut for GPU preview to something other than CMD+E and restarting Illustrator. I would expect Illustrator to retain the new keyboard shortcut under the View menu, but it reverts back to CMD+E.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Control bar not updated on tool selection

On Illustrator 23.0.1 running on Windows 10, the control bar does not update when a tool (say Pen, or Type or Selection, etc...) is selected. Only when the tool is click on the document would the control bar updated to show the tool options The graphics card is the Intel 520 (ver 25.20.100.6326).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

8. AI doesn't expand folders in File > Scripts when you have over some number of nested folders

I have 57 folders inside Scripts root folder.
    They are well-organized and have several levels of hierarchy:
    10 general folders containing (or not) files and folders. The deepest level is 3 folders.
    AI ignores folder content at I would say folder 54 and doesn't expand the last three. Clicking won't help.
    Do you have any limitations for nested folders in AI?
    Why it is not documented then?
    Anyway, fix it, please.
    Fix at least something besides your fresh CC 2019 bugs (that you still don't fix).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Layer stack not retaining element color

When adding new elements the layer stack indicator does not retain the color of the previously added layer - it switches to the color of the current element. In the attached image, I am using yellow rectangles to evenly space blue rectangles. The elements in the stack were added in sequence using copy/paste keyboard shortcuts. As you can see in the attached image, the current element is colored yellow but shows up as blue in the layer stack.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Palettes do not Expand

No selected palettes on right hand side will expand to view contents. Requires quit and re-open to fix

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Welcome screen doesn't resize to scaled display on Mac

Welcome screen shows up bigger than available screen space when the Mac's display is set to scaled. This leaves out important buttons and info. Welcome screen and document windows should resize to fit screen when opened. Already open documents should at least align to the top right corner if the display scale is changed while Illustrator has open documents. This allows access to the semaphore buttons on the window bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Interacting with properties panel can make app require force close

MacOS 10.14.1
    Illustrator 23.0.1

Clicking on options in the 'Properties' palette, then clicking outside the resulting dialog can make the app become mostly unusable:

• Menus are greyed out
    • any menu function can't be done, including save and quit
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

This happens, when you open some menu while a panel pop-up is still open. Since you had the fill popup open from properties panel, when you clicked on menu, so its grayed out.
    You need to close the popup first to open the menu.

13. IDIOTS

You idiots have made it very difficult to create a new document/art board of my dimensions. I thought I was on a real computer until I wanted to create a new document and the choices are limited like I was on an iPad. Whoever designs this creates a program that does great things very difficultly. You do not have a clue how learning users, and therefore all users, think or do. Hire someone who is an expert in human computer interactions. A good one because you don't have one now.

In case you think I don't know much about this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do test our products thoroughly including running it through multiple beta testers. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg if you would like to join our beta program. It is open to all Adobe Ids.

14. Color Picker not working correctly

I'm running Illustrator v23.0.i on a Windows 10

When I use the Colour Picker to pick up a colour it changes the fill indicator but when I double click the fill box to show the colour makeup it shows Hex 000000

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Start Screen/Blank Screen Persists

Every time I close an Adobe window, AI, PS, Acrobat, it leaves a "home screen" up. This is annoying in the extreme. I can uncheck show this screen in prefs, but then it just leaves a blank black slate up there. Equally annoying. When I close a document, I expect the app to not still be there in my way. Please fix this. We pay a bunch of money for access to these great tools of the trade, give us the ability to make them work like we prefer. Thank you. I am aware this is not technically a bug,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Replacing symbols only works in properties panel

Replacing symbols only works in properties panel not in symbols panels for some odd reason

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Art work not consolidating to the center window

Since updating my illustrator for a week or so ago... when I open art work the arrt work does not open and I am unable to consolidate art windows into the main window. Seems like some sort of bug. The only way I can bring open files is by navigating to window > arrange > float all windows. When I drag the window back into the main panel it disapears. The open screen will not go away

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. stroke

Stroke panel does not work correctly. No details are shown and only after multiple workspace changes, does it sometimes appear.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for contacting us. your panel is in collapsed state. Please click on double arrow button to expand the same.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

19. Activate text field for numeric Rotation

When the numeric rotation dialog is opened - it would be convenient when the text field is active for direct input of the Angle (I think this was the case in earlier versions).

In Ai19, the dialog is 'dead' - nothing happens when we start typing - whe have to type 5x Tab to get in the field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

20. New guide

When I try to make a new guide it seems to be lock out. Every other command like hide guides, lock guides, etc work. The only one that doesn't work is make guides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This option is enabled only when you select an object. If this doesn’t solve your problem, then please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base