What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

100% view is not 100% for pixels in cc2019

OMG, yesterday I've updated illustrator cc2018 to cc2019. Objects now in 100% view are diplayed as ~151% - see attached file - in left side - illustrator cc2018 window and 400x400 px square in 100% view. In the right side - the same square in 100% view.

Please fix this annoing bug.
This is on Mac pro late 2013, High Sierra, 27' Eizo monitor 1400x2560

53 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dalius shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

73 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks @Lidoo for your comment :
    "You have to go to Preferences > General and uncheck "Display print size at 100% Zoom"
    That's the solution !
    Adobe could pass the information instead of recommending the update :-(

• Lidoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have to go to Preferences > General and uncheck "Display print size at 100% Zoom".

Why didn't you guys just implement a shortcut instead of making this a preference. Like cmd+1 could still be 100% pixel size and have something like cmd+shift+1 be print actual size. So simple, no need for a preference for this bug/feature you guys implemented.

Either way, the writing is on the wall and the damage is done. The guys at Adobe have completely lost touch with their actual end-users. This bug-date was ridiculous!

• José Catalán commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Buenos días. La resolución del interface de Illustrator cc2019 ha cambiado con respecto de las demás aplicaciones. Las ventanas del programa son muy grandes y difieren de la que tenía aplicada con Illustrator cc 2018.

¿como se puede solucionar? me ha pasado al actualizar el programa.

Mi ordenador es un IMAC RETINA 5K, 27inch, 2017
    Porocesador 4,2Ghz Intel Core i7
    64 Gb de RAM 2400Mhz DDR4

Muchas gracias!

I have installed this update and reopened, yet the "'Zoom to Huge' 100% still persists. Is there something else that needs to be change with pref for this to work??

• Ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not sure if it's a bug or only happening with me. There's a problem with the 100% view it looks way bigger than the actual size in 100%, I noticed that when I tried the pixel preview, the object becomes smaller when I use the pixel preview as showen in the attached files. Help please.

• AdminAshutosh Chaturvedi (Sr. Quality Engineering Manager, Adobe Illustrator) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are undergoing the process of validating few other fixes along with this issue so it should be few days time before we mark it official. Also the string translation should be available only next week.
    As I mentioned while the build is marked prerelease this build is of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.
    Please do not hesitate to use the beta build that has many stability fixes as well.

• Cameron Jennings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Ashutosh for a swift response! This is fantastic! I really appreciate your willingness to listen and make changes.

• Dalius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried this fix (23.0.1) - THANKS GOD and ASHUTOSH.
    I'm happy Adobe heard our sufferings.

Oli O'Connor have very good suggestion (read below) - this way fix would be fantastic, Ashutosh, think about it.

• Oli O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ashutos,

This has sorted the issue - thank you!

I'd suggest rather than having this hidden within the General Preferences, the option get situated within the View menu with the other view options. If this is the long term solution to this (that is, to have a preference setting) I can see myself toggling it multiple times per day as I regularly work on print and web artwork side-by-side in different tabs.

We'd then be able to create a custom shortcut for it.

Thanks again,

Oli

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base