Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8341 results found
-
Retype not very accurate
Retype is not very accurate yet. It misses details in characters. Please add some more user guidance possibilities. E.g. focus on specific characters to force Retype to look twice.
2 votes -
优化运行内存占用
- Adobe Illustrator 2026 (version 30.7) consumes excessive memory upon launch—just enabling it uses up to 900MB.
- A file with 80 artboards, all containing text, sized at 263mm wide by 359mm high, experiences lag when dragging 5 or 10 artboards; there is noticeable delay. After creating outlines for the text and clicking X to exit, the software crashes.
- Saving a document with 80 artboards as a PDF does not allow background saving.
- A file with 110 artboards, each 263mm wide by 359mm high and filled entirely with text, causes extremely high memory usage. Copying and pasting operations are sluggish. We request…
2 votes - Adobe Illustrator 2026 (version 30.7) consumes excessive memory upon launch—just enabling it uses up to 900MB.
-
Illustrator 30.8: ExtendScript debugger cannot attach — ESTK endpoint never responds
Summary
In Illustrator 30.8.0, the Adobe ExtendScript Debugger extension for VS Code (v2.1.0) can no longer attach to or launch scripts. Rolling back to 30.7.0 fixes it completely, with no other change to VS Code, the extension, or the launch configuration — so this is a regression introduced between 30.7 and 30.8.
The failure is narrow and specific: in 30.8, Illustrator's ExtendScript debug (
#estk) channel accepts the debugger's<connect/>handshake but never sends any response. The message is delivered successfully — the core library returnsstatus: 0with a valid serial number — and then nothing…2 votesReproducible is house, is being worked upon. Thank you kindly for reporting this
-
Can’t access my Creative Cloud file
Following this new year and updates, my Broward County Public School account subscription suspended and I had to re-sign in. All of my files that i saved in creative cloud are gone and did not load with time. There were many important projects in illustrator. I am on a Thinkvision PC. With Illustrator 2025. My email linked to the account is 0615146736@my.browardschools.com There's only one file that I just made.
2 votes -
Copy & paste error ID -108. Can’t copy objects. There isn’t enough memory.
Happens multiple times a day. Have to reboot each time.
MacOS Tahoe 26.5.22 votes -
Problème de saisie des dimensions dans Illustrator sous mac et Photosphop sous mac / Illustrator 30.8 / Photoshop 27.9.1 / macOS 26.6.2
Lors de la création d'un nouveau document sur Illustrator ou Photoshop, lorsque que je saisis une nouvelle largeur/hauteur : la valeur revient toute seule à l’ancienne ; parfois cela se produit plusieurs fois avant d'obtenir la saisie souhaitée. Cela se produit quelle que soit la valeur utilisée : pixels, mm, centimètres.... D'ailleurs il est très compliqué aussi de revenir à des mm si on est pixels, le logiciel revient systématiquement à la dernière valeur enregistrée.... C'est fatiguant. Perte de temps énorme. Ce bug persiste depuis plusieurs mois déjà. il faut absolument résoudre ce problème.
2 votes -
Some CC Library linked assets cannot be found -- all files with renamed linked assets are damaged and this disruptive messages interferes
I've renamed CC library assets. Now, all Illustrator files that use these assets are broken.
When such a file is opened, I get constant messages that say "Some CC Library linked assets cannot be found. Click Replace to relink assets using the Links panel." As I try to relink, I the message again and again, preventing me from working the file. Also, when I choose replace, my CC libraries flatten and I can't search or navigate to the assets. I can select broken assets and choose embed as well as "edit original" So, the assets are still linked, but the…2 votes -
Intermittent bug: Properties panel causes objects to flip vertically when changing height or width
I encountered an intermittent bug in Adobe Illustrator where changing the Height (H) value of an object in the Properties panel → Transform section causes the object to unexpectedly flip vertically.
The issue appears to affect the Transform controls inside the Properties panel specifically.
The same operation performed using the standalone Transform panel (Window → Transform) works correctly.
What happened:
While working normally in Illustrator, I selected an object and changed its height using:
Properties → Transform → H
Instead of simply resizing the object vertically, Illustrator unexpectedly flipped the object vertically.
For example, an object containing text or directional…
2 votes -
Relink not working as expected
I am trying to use "relink," in the Links panel, to replace images that have already been placed into an Illustrator clipping mask.
When I click "relink," I am expecting to be able to place a link to an image I'm pasting or typing the name of, because I have a huge list of filenames I'm pulling from, and I don't want to have to navigate to the file in the UI.
However, when I type the filename, the "link" checkbox is grayed out. When I click "place," I would expect it to simply embed the file, but, instead, the…2 votes -
Artboard Names changes revert if names are tabbed between.
When updating multiple artboard names via the Artboards Panel, pressing Tab advances to the next artboard name. However, if multiple artboard names are changed this way, and the changes are reflected in the panel, these changes are not reflected in the export artboards panel, and clicking in to edit any artboard name again causes them all to revert to their previous names.
Illustrator 30.7 (this has been a persistent issue since 24)
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max2 votes -
Ai comes with scale error/warning too early
When trying to scale down a big group of paths, by double clicking the scale tool to enter a numerical value, Ai starts to complain - it seems to assume that I want to scale up (maybe due to the last scale value used). Please let the function wait for user input, before complaining.
2 votes -
Saved file reopens with some layers and data missing
After saving my work and reopening the file later, some layers and data are missing. Around 40% of my completed work is disappearing, even though the file was saved properly.
Please help me recover the missing data and identify the cause of this issue.
2 votes -
Sampling a color from a layer below a placed PDF picks white, unlike previously
Have a layered file. Top file is a linked PDF with linework. Below that layer are colours. When I want to eyedrop a colour from the layer below for a new object, while it samples the colour correctly it turns the object white instead of the colour sampled. The only work around is to turn off the linked PDF layer on top and it will sample it correctly. This was never an issue in previous versions and is very frustrating.
2 votes -
Scribble Effect Not Showing Up in Menu, But Still Accessible
Before, the Scribble effect used to be found under Effects > Stylize. In the 2026 version, it's gone. Only Glowing Edges appears under Stylize. But when I search for Scribble by hitting the magnifying glass icon and typing it in, I can access the effect and still use it. Some people still use this effect for making ikat-inspired shapes, for example...I think it was removed from the menu by accident. Please readd it under Effects > Stylize.
2 votes -
SVG fehlende Pfade beim öffnen/importieren
MacOS: 26.5.2 (25F84)
Illustrator 30.7SVG wird nicht korrekt geöffnet/importiert, es fehlen Pfade!
Wenn die Datei vorher in Inkscape neu gespeichert wird z.B. als PDF ist alles vorhanden.(leider kann das svg nicht angehängt werden!?)
2 votes -
Eyedropper not copying font style from source to target on Mac when Option key is held
The Eyedropper also not lifting font style from source to target when holding down option key on Mac.
2 votes -
Pasting a single CMYK channel value modifies all CMYK channels
Illustrator version: 29.8.9
Operating System: Windows 11Description:
When I copy a single CMYK percentage value (for example, the K/Black percentage) from one object using the Color panel and paste it into the corresponding CMYK field of another object, Illustrator also changes the other CMYK channel values automatically.Expected result:
Only the pasted CMYK channel (for example, K) should change, while the remaining CMYK values should remain unchanged.Actual result:
Illustrator modifies the other CMYK channel values as well, even though I only pasted a value into a single channel.Question:
Is this the expected behavior (a feature), or is…2 votes -
Saving AI to EPS, different outcome when opened in photoshop
Sonoma 14.8.7
Illustrator 30.6
I saved a multi spread AI document as single pdf files. Each spread contains one specific number.
I open one eps-file in illustrator the expected number (50) appears.
I open the same eps-file in photoshop a different number appears.
Screenshots attached: 472 votes -
Action shortcuts lost when saving, deleting existing, and adding back to action panel.
MACOS Tahoe 26.5.2, Illustrator 30.6
I deleted my personal action set from the actions panel, and when I re-imported them the (extensive) set of shortcuts were missing. No shortcuts were added. Using version history I re-added a saved set from a few days ago, and it only brought in some of the shortcuts that were saved with the set at the time. I frequently save/delete/add my actions because they change based upon the job at hand and I run out of F keys. I have never had an issue with lost shortcuts until today.
2 votes -
Selection tool broken
Using the selection tool. I can click an object and get the bounding box but can not move or drag the object. Arrow keys do work to move it but I can not move it by mouse. This reoccurs upon restart.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?