Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

387 results found

1. Delete Color Group in Swatches ungroups group instead deleting

When I need to completely delete color group, I select it and press Delete palette's button (or try palette's menu). Any way. AI moves all colors from at to general colors, removing only folder, but not colors, asking nothing (even with warnings reset).
    I have to deselect my art, click first of moved colors, shift+click last and delete swathes again.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Color discripancy between "View on CPU" and "View on GPU" on a Mac with M1 chip

I'm now running AI on a macbook pro with M1 chip.
    I noticed that when I switching "View on CPU" to "GPU", all colors became whiter and inaccurate (images inserted in AI became much whiter than the objects created and colored in AI).
    I've checked my older Macbook pro with intel CPU and AMD graphic card, the colors keep the same and accurate when I switch from CPU to GPU.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A bug compounded with rotated line gradients, arrows, and appearances

There are some conditions for reproduction.

・ Line with arrow
    ・ Set gradation to line color
    Two or more lines created by the appearance

It is good to change the line width or move by "deformation" to check the change of the overlapped line.

Rotate the object.
    Then click on the eye icon in the appearance panel to show or hide each line. The direction of the gradation of the line not touching should change one after another.

I have confirmed this phenomenon in all versions from CS6 to 2020.
    A similar phenomenon was obtained with the vertical axis reflect.…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. Mixed stroke colors become white when changing fills using CMYK spectrum in an RGB document

There is a way to make objects loose their stroke colors in specific conditions.
    1. Create an RGB document
    2. Create two shapes
    3. Make them have same fill color, but different stroke colors
    4. Select both
    5. In Control panel Shift+click the arrow button next to the fill chip, to call the alternate UI with sliders and spectrum instead of Swatches view
    6. In this dropdown panel’s menu pick CMYK

Strokes become white.

This does not happen if the color mode in this panel is left RGB or HSB.
    Also, strokes become white if you pick a color in…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pressing Ctrl/Cmd+Enter in Color field no longer adjusts other color values proportionately with live color preview since 27.1.1

Prior to 27.1.1, when live color changes were made, we were able to use Ctrl/Cmd+Enter after changing a value to proportionally move all other sliders, which is an equivalent of dragging a slider with Ctrl/Cmd key held.
    The face the preview is now live should not kill this old feature., since Ai surely can remember previous values.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Alt/Opt clicking into the spectrum bar in Color panel now changes both fill and stroke on release

When I hold Alt/Opt and drag the cursor over the spectrum bar, I am able to change the color of the inactive attribute — in this case stroke, since fill is activated. However, as soon as the mouse button is released, the fill gets changed to the picked color too! This was not the case in the the previous version.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Color change Problems

I have a collection of swatch colors that I save, and for some reason, they are all getting dull. A bright orange to darker gradient turns to a muddy orange and all of the swatches are dull. I copy the logo from an older file and realize how dull my colors have become. You can see how dull the colors have become in the attached image. Also, the Graphic Styles have become duller. You can see the new refreshed colors form a different file with the two swatches at the middle bottom of the Graphic Styles window. This is a…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cannot see gradient annotator when several objects are selected

Hi, in the latest version of Illustrator (2020), I can't see the gradient annotator when I select several objects at the same time. With a single object selected the annotator looks correctly, but when selecting two or more objects it is no longer displayed.
    In previous versions, the gradient annotator is shown when selecting several objects, which I find very useful for copying the properties of the gradient from one object to another.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

9. Overprint attribute does not work adequately

Create or select any object. On the Attributes panel set Overprint Fill/Stroke checkmark.
    After deselecting object Overprint attribute remains CHECKED instead of resetting. And every newly created object instantly receive this Overprint attribute!

Very annoying and sometimes cause real troubles with undesired overprinted objects.

Overprint attribute should reset to UNCHECKED after deselecting an object.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Opacity mask not working with freeform gradients

I am trying to make an opacity map with a freeform gradient. It previews correctly but as soon as i try to leave the dialog box it goes completely white. Doing exacly the same thing with the same objects but with a regular gradient instead works just fine.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Arrow keys used in Color panel don’t force canvas to update in version 27.1.1 (2023)

Whenever Arrows or Shift+Arrows key are used to quickly increment the value in a field in th Color panel, without GPU (or with Overprint Preview, which is done with CPU), — the color does not get updated on canvas, while in 26.x version it works just fine.
    The CPU canvas now gets updated only when Tab or Enter get pressed. Pressing an arrow key, with or without a modifier, is a finite operation, and should trigger the redraw event too!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CC Library to Illustrator Swatch: Name Length Bug Creates Magenta Spot Color

When adding a Color Swatch to Illustrator from the CC Library:

If the CC Library item's name is over a certain number of characters, Illustrator cannot import the swatch correctly.

Instead, Illustrator imports the CC Library color as a Magenta Spot Color.

The only workaround currently is to shorten the CC Library item's name to match the maximum allowed characters for an Illustrator Swatch, and then import the color.

FIX: Allow more characters for Illustrator Swatch names to be compatible with with CC Library character length for items.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Global Color swatch copied into new document even if not used on element being copy/pasted.

Problem: create a square with stroke=0 and fill=100% black. Copy and paste into new document and color swatches are okay. Now go to first document and add a Global Color swatch (i.e. Pantone Green) but don't add it to the square (so it's still stroke=0 / fill=100% black). Copy the square and paste it into a new document. For some reason, that Global Color (Pantone Green) swatch is added to the swatch palette of the new document. Now choose 'Select All Unused', the Pantone Green is selected to prove it's not being used in the element (square) you copy/pasted from…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. STRUMENTO CONTAGOCCE E TESTI DI COLORE DIVERSO NELLO STESSO BOX

Ho un box di testo con alcuni caratteri rossi ed alcuni caratteri neri.
    Voglio copiare tutte le specifiche di testo (font, ecc.) da un altro blocco di testo con lo strumento contagocce senza modificare i colori del box di destinazione.
    Vedo che dallo strumento contagocce ci sarebbe la possibilità di escludere/includere il rilevamento del colore, ma quando si applica al box di destinazione tutto il testo contenuto diventa di un unico colore....
    PREGO RISOLVETE, GRAZIE !!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ブラックの色をドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100の色がリッチブラックになる

塗り(または線)を画像のように下のブラックを選択するところからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100がリッチブラックになってしまった。 
ドラッグ&ドロップではなく、クリックで色を選ぶとBK100になる。スウォッチの中に入っているブラックからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100になる。これはCS6の時からある
バグです。 

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. カラーコード入力で色を変えると戻れない

Illustrator 26.2.1
    windows10 21h1

カラーモードRGBでカラーパネルもRGBでの作業で、カラーコード(#と6桁)を打ち込んで色を変え、前の色に戻したいなとctrl+z(取り消し)を押すと挙動がおかしいです。
    まったく戻らなかったり、カラーコードを打ち込む前の操作に戻ったりします。

コミュニティに投稿し、再現されている方がいるのでバグだと思います。

ご対応のほどよろしくお願い致します。

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0-discussions/%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%82%92%E6%89%8B%E6%89%93%E3%81%A1%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B%E3%81%A8%E6%88%BB%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84/td-p/12870738

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  PCM Maro responded

Illustrator 製品版フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「カラーパネルの RGB カラーコードでの色変更が、操作(アクション)として正しく認識されない現象」の再現を確認いたしました。

開発の対応状況などは、こちらでご報告できればと存じます。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

17. Color Theme Picker works with problems

After the Adobe Illustrator update (don't know if it was the last one in April 2021 or the previous one) Color Theme Picker in a new version of the Recolor Artwork tool stops working. Not only in my app but in the apps of at least 3 people - different OS, different computers. It just doesn't activate then you click the icon.

The solution was found but it was very strange - you need to open Adobe Illustrator not directly on your computer but through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app. Then Color Theme Picker starts working. And continues to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Color Undo not working

1. Select an object
    2. Move object
    3. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter
    4. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter
    5. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter
    6. press 'cmd+z' (undo) The color changes are skipped undo jumps to 1. (Undo: Move object)
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CMYK Colors change by themselves randomly

Watch as I simply keep trying to specify a color in a CMYK document. Simply changing the hex code, then deselecting the element, then double click the fill box to open the color, and sometimes it stays, sometimes it changes. I change it, it changes again. I need this to work 100% I can't have colors randomly changing on me after I specify them. I can also trace similar color problems back since v6 or so - had many color inconsistencies between illustrator versions, this constant color shift battle has to be fixed

Mac 10.13.6
    Illustrator CC 23.0.2

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 6 votes