Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7474 results found

1. pathfinder, file sizes, interface changes

case # 018 9255 921
    Pathfinder does not function properly in Illustrator CC 2017 on my 4 ghz i7 (late 2015) imac. OSX 10.11.16; AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB, forcing me to fall back and work in old Illustrator CS6.

When I divide two shapes or paths (particularly curves, ellipes etc), the anchor points sometimes move, and paths (curves, angles etc) change. Very sloppy, "kind-of, sort-of" results, with an absolute lack or precision.

CS6 and earlier versions did not have this problem. It is intermittent and unpredictable, but troublesome enough as to render CC 2017 unusable and made me…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. User Guide Correction - Broken Links

The section of the user guide called Painting > Gradients is full of nothing but broken links. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/gradients.html
    Your links all just forward to http://create.adobe.com/ and http://tv.adobe.com/vi+f1586v1019
    which isn't helpful at all if you're trying to read the user guide in any meaningful way. Of course I can google ways to use the gradient tools but I came to you for the definitive "adobe prescribed" version of information as a way to prepare for your ACE exams. I know I'm not the only one who does this to bone up so if someone could help fix broken links it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 「移動」の不具合

1.Illustrator CC 2017(〜2014)
    2. 「移動」で垂直方向(上)にオブジェクトを移動した後、マイナス方向(下)に移動させようとすると、マイナスが効かずそのまま上方へ移動してしまう。
    3.4 .2を解除するには一旦別の数値を入力した後、再度マイナス方向の数値を入力すればリセットされて正常に動きますが、その入力がいちいち面倒臭い。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Concentric Text

Your recent Free template "Old Jazz and Blues" obviously is a poor design because the text on line pieces are not concentric, which presumably is what the artist intended. This free template is consequently quite useless for a professional designer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New document dialog doesn't provide default values

When in Illustrator, I typically use ctrl-n, then hit enter to automatically open a new document.

However, the new document dialog as of Illustrator 2017.1.0 doesn't have default values filled when the dialog opens, and one is forced to pick the type of document one wants to create, from web, mobile, print, etc. instead of just hitting the "enter" key and changing these settings later.

In other words, you are complicating the flow of creating new documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Phillipe,
    Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. New document dialog in new version shows the last used profile as default selection.
    If you are still facing issue, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

7. User guide correction

Customer support asked that I make this post via their twitter account. I found that the content in the user guide identifying the various symbols and marks of the swatch panel is not accurately labeled. E and F are wrong. They should say LAB and RGB but they instead are calling the icons CMYK AND RGB. Could be highly confusing those just learning the software. Thanks!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Submenu don't work

1. Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 (64bit)
      Windows 8.1 2013 microsoft
      Asus 64x

2. Ctl + N or File> New Document

3. creation of a new document

4. does not work nothing happend

And no drop down menu for the Tools are visible :
    - Direct selection (A)
    - Pen (P)
    -Text (T)
    - Stroke (Maj+ T)
    - Rectangle (M)
    - P
    - Maj + N
    - Maj + E
    -... all with a sub menu

No tools are visible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Hope you have upgraded to new version and if you are still facing this issue, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

9. Wont open

On PC Opeing a new file doesnt work! I have to quit the program like 100 times a day

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Text-Markierung falsch positioniert im Alle-Zeilen-Setzer

My German is better, so I describe the problem in german.

Wenn der Adobe Alle-Zeilen-Setzer die Zeichen verschiebt, ist die Textmarkierung nicht mehr an der richtigen Stelle (egal ob ich sie zwischen zwei Buchstaben platziere oder einen Abschnitt markiere). Ich kann so vorher nicht mehr wissen, an welcher Stelle die Text-Eingabe erfolgt. Längere Texte zu schreiben wird so zu einer Tortur. Es muss natürlich wieder so funktionieren, dass ich die Markierung wieder an der Stelle sehe, wo auch das Programm sie sieht. Momentan ist der einzig mögliche Workaround, zuerst den Ein-Zeilen-Setzer zu aktivieren, den Text komplett auszuformulieren und am Ende…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Panel type and icons are enormous

I recently upgraded Illustrator. the panels are gigantic. The type is ridiculously huge . the panels are taking up more than half my screen and I need all of them available. How do I get the panels to display nice and tiny and compact like they did before? Am I supposed to buy another graphics card and get a third monitor just to hold adobe panels? Am I really supposed to buy new glasses just for Illustrator just because Adobe can't be bothered to make things a normal type size?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. We have implemented Scalable UI in new releases. If you are still facing this issue, please upgrade to latest version. If you still face the issue even after upgrading, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

12. Working file getting corrupted after installation of new graphics card

Hi, I have installed a graphics card recently on my windows 10 PC and the file which was working fine before enabling GPU features in Adobe Illustrator CC suddenly got corrupted (Error message is attached). I have updated both, Adobe Illustrator CC (ver. 21.1.0) and Graphics card driver and my windows 10 installation is also up to date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

it is less likely a graphics card will corrupt a file. We will need deeper investigation,
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is gooing.

13. In Windows 10 Full Screen covers Windows 10 Taskbar

One of the things I abhor (yes abhor) about Mac computers is that the apps at full screen cover EVERYTHING making things hard to use. Adobe Illustrator now behaves that way. A Maximized window should NOT cover the taskbar. If I wanted a Mac I'd buy one. I don't want Windows 10 Apps to behave like they are on a Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Grey Block

I Keep getting a flashing grey block appear across my artboards. Please help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create New Button Does Nothing

I'm using OS X El Capitan with a multi display setup, comprising of two monitors and a Wacom Cintiq. Sometimes with multiple desktops and multiple monitors popup windows will open in strange places and I have to find them-- however I've gotten rid of my extra desktops and tried to replicate the problem running a single monitor and it persists.

Neither Premiere nor Photoshop have this issue.

Illustrator opens up fine, but when I get to the prompt to open a recent project or create a new one, everything works except clicking "Create New" doesn't do anything. Of course I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

16. Zoom lagging & Overal Speed Issues

BUG. Files with any substance (not just plain squares) but normal large files are slow and laggy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. grabbing tiny things

BUG!!!!! not a new idea quit trying to shirk responsibility by calling flaws "new ideas!" It feels like im dealing with a con man or something

you cannot grab menus and move them because you made no place to grab so you have to close it just to move !

the 4 bezier curve tools use to be easy to to expand to a tear off then you made it a little harder because you had to grab the top of the bar, then you made it harder by putting the tiny little grabber bar an inch away and even…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Small Caps no longer working as it should

Illustrator 2017.1.0. Setting the Small Cap percentage no longer works for some fonts. They seem to have their own default setting that is unaffected by changing the percentage in the Document Setup window. In the attached example, Small Caps is set to 90%. In the first two font examples, you can see it's nowhere near that. If I change the setting, the bottom word will change but the top two remain the same. This is terrible!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sluggish tool bar

You mean "fix" illustrator this is a problem not a new idea.

1. When you try to change to the second tier in the tool bar (i.e. from rotate to mirror there is a long lag. It used to be so easy you just slide over now you have to hold the mouse on the thing for 3 seconds and the it pops over to the side then you have to scroll over and release. Why did you make it slower in the most recent version when it worked fine for years?

2. can't toggle to minus Magnifying glass tool with option…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Resize handles offset from selection

For some reason, all of my resize handles are offset from the actual object that's selected. I'm not sure what causes this problem, but it makes the entire app very difficult to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base