Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs
When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:
- Details of your operating system
- The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
- The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
- Your expected result and the actual result
- Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)
8337 results found
-
Bugged redraw/tearing when drawing a shape causes window to scroll
- Illustrator CC2017.1.0
- Click and drag with a shape tool (e.g. rectangle) and while dragging move to the edge of the window so it causes it to scroll.
- The window should redraw the newly visible parts of the document as the window scrolls them into view.
- Depending on whether GPU acceleration is enabled or not you get nothing or you get the edge pixels repeated endlessly during the scroll until you release the mouse.
- See video for explanation: youtu.be/JC1anKCewQs
4 votes -
Strokes on text container disappear with Transform effect
https://forums.adobe.com/message/9763703#9763703
Create a text box.
Deselect it.
Direct select the container path.
Give it a stroke.
Select the text box and apply the Transform effect.
Stroke disappears.
Delete the Transform effect.
Stroke appears.4 votes -
Eye Dropper tool color is off
When you use the eye dropper tool on either images or vectors the shade is off and not exactly the same like it was https://www.screencast.com/t/bI7aJSdwB
4 votes -
Illustrator changing font weights when opening in different operating systems
When saving a file in one system and opening in another (MacOS 15.7.7 to Windows 11 Pro 25H2, and vice versa), Illustrator doesn't apply the right weight that was used when the file was saved. For example, it applies the text in bold, when it was saved in light.
Also, when linking the same file in a InDesign document, the preview has a different appearance.
The font family I'm using is IBM Plex Sans, downloaded from Google Fonts.
Both on Illustrator 30.8.1 and InDesign 21.5.1.
3 votes -
テキストボックスのリンク テキストの内容が重複するエラーが起きる
Adobe Illustrator 30.8.1で同様の現象が発生しています。
日本語の縦書きで、エリア内文字のテキストボックス同士をリンクして使用しています。
作成直後は正常に文章が次のテキストボックスへ流れていますが、編集作業や保存を続けていると、1つ目のテキストボックスの内容が2つ目のリンク先テキストボックスに重複して表示されることがあります。
重複した文章によって、本来2つ目に入っていた文章が後ろへ押し出され、オーバーフローも発生します。
制作途中では正常に見えていても、編集・保存後に突然文章が重複するため、印刷物などの実制作では非常に危険な不具合です。
環境:
Adobe Illustrator 30.8.1
日本語
縦書き
エリア内文字
テキストボックスをスレッドでリンク
通常の編集・保存作業中に発生添付画像では、上段の文章が下段のリンク先テキストボックスにも重複して表示されています。
日本語縦書きのリンクテキストについて調査・修正をお願いします。
3 votes -
Persistent Wacom driver warning in Illustrator on macOS Tahoe
I am experiencing a persistent Wacom driver warning in Illustrator 2026 that appears despite my Wacom tablet working correctly.
System:
MacBook Pro M4 Pro
macOS Tahoe 26
Adobe Illustrator 2026 30.8
Wacom Intuos Pro S (PTH-451)
Wacom driver 6.4.9-2When launching, Illustrator constantly displays:
“Illustrator found an issue with Wacom driver. Upgrade to the latest version of Wacom driver and then enable your Wacom device using Preferences > Devices > Enable Wacom Option.”
I have followed the recommended troubleshooting steps. WacomTabletDriver is running, the Enable Wacom option remains enabled, macOS permissions are correctly configured and both the tablet and pressure…
3 votes -
Illustrator 30.3+ silently substitutes installed fonts without reporting them missing (prepress risk on macOS)
This is reproducible with a single existing AI file by opening it in 30.2.1 and then opening the identical file in 30.3+ on the same Mac without changing any fonts.
Starting with Illustrator 30.3 on macOS, Illustrator silently renders some installed fonts as Myriad while continuing to report "Missing Fonts: 0." This creates a serious prepress issue because converting text to outlines permanently outlines the wrong font with no warning.
I am using Monotype Connect Fonts to manage fonts.
Versions tested on the same Mac with the same AI file and same font environment:
29.8.10 - WORKS CORRECTLY
30.2 -…3 votes -
Broken Link / Gaussian Blur dialogs displayed together make Illustrator UI disabled
I’ve been experiencing this Illustrator bug for years, and it has consistently behaved the same way.
It only happens when I already have one or more Illustrator documents open and then open another file with a broken/missing linked image. If a Gaussian Blur progress window appears in front of the missing-link warning, Illustrator becomes stuck afterward: the dialogs disappear, but the canvas can no longer be interacted with and nearly all menu commands are grayed out. I can still save using cmd+s, and switch between documents, but can’t interact with anything on the canvas. Can click the toolbar too, but…
3 votes -
Strange behaviour when outlining COLRv1 fonts
I have been running into some issues with COLRv1 fonts when turning them into outlines: The normal font renders as intended, when outlined some colours turn off one of the RGB channels (turning white to yellow). See the example in the screenshots where the white (circled) is turned into yellow. This is independent from the "yellow palette" of the letter, in other COLRv1 fonts white also turns into full RGB yellow.
See Nabla as an example:
https://fonts.google.com/specimen/NablaI don't believe this is caused by the "white" (as the error also turns, for instance, black into blue, removing a single RGB…
3 votes -
Color of font randomly changes when opening file
Tahoe 26.6.1
Illustrator v 30.7
I open a file I was just working on only 5 minutes prior to find that more than 75% of my text has changed color to a random color in my swatch panel. This has been happening consistently since updating to the latest version about 15 days ago. I can even see the color change when I hit space bar to preview the file before opening it. The PDF versions of the files remain fine, no random color changes.3 votes -
Eyedropper with Shift held doesn’t pick the rendered stroke color unless clicked very precisely into path
If I have an outside stroke (thick enough for clarity, like in the GIF), I can’t use Shift-mode with the Eyedropper tool to pick the color from the actually rendered stroke — I have to click very precisely the path itself, or I get the fill color. Same with the inside stroke.
With a normal center-aligned stroke the half within the path gives the fill’s color, and the outside half gives the stroke’s one.
All three are wrong. Shift should force the tool to pick the color directly under the cursor, the one that is rendered.
Thanks to Oleg Krasnov…
3 votes -
Repeat makes some objects without a stroke loose fill
When several objects with no stroke get selected and then converted into a Repeat Grid object, all but the first object vanish.
Thanks to Ashraful Islam for spotting this.3 votes -
Text changes colour at random
A file appears correct in Illustrator 2026 and correctly produces a PDF (save a copy) when the original Illustrator file is still open. Yet when the Illustrator file is then saved, closed and then reopened, the Illustrator file has errors with the colour of text changing at random. This is happening on multiple computers running MacOS (Silicon). This error only happens in Illustrator 2026 and not 2025.
The text that changes varies, even within one document. Sometimes it is a single piece of text that changes, sometimes it is all of the text. The colour it changes to is random,…
3 votes -
Memory usage continuously increases over time in Illustrator 2026 and is not released properly (macOS M4 Max)
Environment
- Adobe Illustrator 2026 (Desktop)
- Adobe Illustrator 2025 (for comparison)
- Apple M4 Max
- 64GB Unified Memory
- macOS (latest)
- GPU Performance: OFF
- Real-time Drawing & Editing: OFF
Workflow
I use Illustrator as a visual reference board containing an extremely large archive of linked images (not embedded). I arrange thousands of reference images on large canvases to compare composition, color, style, motion, and visual ideas. This workflow is essential for my art direction and animation production because spatial comparison is much more efficient than browsing images individually.
Illustrator 2026 performs significantly faster than Illustrator 2025 with this workflow, which is a great…
3 votesThe team has been able to reproduce the issue and are further debugging the issue, intending to push a fix soon.
-
Freeform Gradient fails to apply / disappears on existing objects
I have a problem with the Freeform Gradient tool in Illustrator. When I apply it — whether in linear (lines) or points mode — the fill appears empty, the gradient never actually applies. It's even affecting other objects that already had this type of gradient applied in previous documents; when I open them in Illustrator and try to copy or move them, the gradient disappears and the shape turns transparent.
3 votes -
Content of Dynamic Symbols moves when moved with the Selection tool.
It was recently mentioned on the Illustrator forum that the content of Dynamic Symbols is shifting when the symbol is moved with the black selection tool. Changing the type to Static seems to solve the problem.
From the forum:
https://community.adobe.com/questions-652/critical-bug-objects-inside-symbol-shift-out-of-place-when-moved-with-selection-tool-cannot-undo-1633605?tid=1633605&postid=7715146#post7715146
and an older one with an example file:
https://community.adobe.com/questions%2D652/symbols%2Dbreaking%2Dapart%2Dwhen%2Dmoved%2Din%2Dillustrator%2D817905?tid=817905&fid=6523 votes -
Memory error after exporting in EPS (ID -108)
On Illustrator 30.6 every time I export a multipage file to eps format, every artboard as a single file, the file exported are ok, but if I return to the original AI file to save the changes I receive a memory error (see the screenshot) then is not possible to save the AI file no more, and I have to use the SAVE AS command to save a new AI document from the original.
This bug appeared in Illustrator 30.6iMac PRO 2017 3.2 GHZ
MacOS 15.7.7
Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB3 votesThe team is able to reproduce it and is going to fix it. Thank you for the report!
-
Latest update (30.6) = Extreme Slowdown
Since the latest update (30.6), with latest MacOS, Illustrator has become almost unusable. Clicking on anything takes about 2-3 seconds and if you move or try to double-click – heaven help you...
Needs an urgent fix!
3 votes -
Hidden Characters remain visible when exporting in PNG
Windows 11 Pro Version 25H2
I work with Hidden Characters on, and when I export a PNG (export for Screens), they remain visible. Hidden Characters aren't supposed to remain visible after a PNG export. The only way that I could resolve the issue is to turn them off. But when I try to disable hidden characters, it looks like they are already off (even though I can still see them), and I have to turn them on, then off again, to make sure they are completely disabled.
3 votes -
Freeform Gradient stops vanish, can’t be placed or edited
When trying to "edit gradient" in the Freeform Gradient tool I found that the handles disappear/glitch and don't allow me to place or change any of the values. I have tried in both positions (the top toolbar and right-side menus) but both times, even upon a restart and reset of performance, that the handles are not responding at all. I also cannot add stops in the tool window, I can only change the (new) "Method" dropdown box, which, in either setting, does not fix anything.
I am on the latest version of illustrator (30.5.1) on Desktop Mac.
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?