Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

  1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8341 results found

  1. Exporting as PNG I am loosing part of my stroke

    I'm having a problem while exporting as PNG from Illustrator CC. I use export for screens and I adjust the size width and high and choose PNG format to export. The when I open my image in PNG format my stroke is getting cut off. :/

    I attached a file in PNG format and another file in jpg format with any problem.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Shape Builder Crash

    When attempting to use shape builder tool and attempt to click on shape fails fill. An additional attempt to click and use the shape builder tool results in a crash. How do you fix this? I keep getting this crash 3 times a day.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Illustrator and Adobe apps are slow on retina display

    Hi All!

    I have an issue with Illustrator (23.0.2) on my brand new 15" retina Macbook Pro 2018 (latest edition 2,6GHz i7, 16GB ram, RadeonPro 560X).

    I've seen lot of similar issues here, but I would like to say about an interesting thing.

    If I moving around in a document or zoom in/out (simple or complex), it works really slow. If I switch to GPU preview, it's much better, but in CPU preview it's horrible and unusable.

    Bigger problem is that on my previous 13" MacbookPro (2012 mid, 2,9Ghz i7) without dedicated graphics card everything works fine (in CPU and…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. workspace options not available

    I can't figure this out. Clearly someone else has had this issue, but there is no published solution. From your archive:

    "Workspaces not working, all panels hidden on start up.
    Just update to CC23.0.1 and when I start up Illustrator all the panels are turned off and my workspace won't change or reset.

    I can turn on the panels manually, but it resets when I close Illustrator. The reset, new workspace and manage workspaces options are greyed out. If I try to change the workspace nothing happens.

    Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

    …

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. eps import slow (e.g. for eps created in Matlab)

    The import of eps-files created in other programs (e.g. Matlab) is slow: opening a file of 10 kb can take 10-30 seconds. Why?

    I am using AI CC 22.1.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Freezing issue

    Since the 23.0 version Illustrator keeps freezing regularly, up to 3 times in a day's usage. There is no actual pattern that i can point to, just that it keeps doing it at certain time intervals and with certain signs sometimes (like the menus not showing), which are also irregular and i have to use Task Manager to close it and open it again.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Colored text randomly changing to black

    Mac OS 10.12.6 with Illustrator CC 2019

    Since December text has been randomly changing to black. It happens with bullets more frequently, but sometimes two words in a paragraph will turn black. This happens frequently when I reopen files but also while I'm working.

    Sometimes (but not always) when I change the color back with the eyedropper, it still shows up black in the Appearance panel (see photo).

    My 2 coworkers are also having this issue.

    I don't know if it's related, but I'm also having a problem with cutting (CTRL-X) objects. Simple shapes and text will temporarily not allow…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Illustrator won't let me toggle lock or visibility

    I'm having trouble with adobe illustrator. It won't allow me to use the toggle lock/unlock or the toggle visibility function. I've tried closing and starting the program up again. I've even attempted to work from a different computer. Nothing I have done has helped and the bug always reappears after a few seconds. Is there a way I can correct this bug?

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Illustrator CC 23.0.2 does not open files and cannot start new file. Toolbars and Menus are inaccessable.

    All I can see after opening or trying to open files is a window that is hiding parts of illustrator file - I can see part of this on the right side and on bottom. No menus or tools are available to use, and the progress wheel just keeps spinning. Very frustrating. I am using my Illustrator CC 23.0.2 on IMac OS 10.14.3. I have updated Illus CC, restarted the app, uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted computer, etc. I have had to resort to using Illus CS6 in order to work. The attached image is what I get when trying to…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    3 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ellipse Tool has disappeared completely in latest update

    Ellipse Tool has disappeared completely in latest update

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twist effect does not act on a group as a whole

    When applying Effects > Distort and Transform > Twist to a group, the effect is applied on an individual object level and not on the group as a whole.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Workspace toolbars disappearing

    Ai CC 2019 - all of a sudden all the toolbars have disappeared and won't stay reinstated. Workspace will not reset nor change modes.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can't open .dwg files all of a sudden

    Ai CC 2019 - Can no longer open dwg files - the error is "unknown file format" the old work around used to be to save the .dwg & all xref's to a 2010 version and it would open. Super frustrating as this has occurred in the middle of a project. How to get the dwg's compatible again?

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Type tool

    Idk about anyone else. But since I updated Illustrator, my Type Tool has been slowing down my computer to the point where it almost crashes whenever I am using the tool. Clicking ANYTHING or highlighting type causes the "spinning ball" to pop up instantly, and sometimes not even highlighting the selection I want!

    Thoughts?

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cursor location offset from mouse. Cannot select or use illustrator effectively.

    I am on Creative Cloud version Version 23.0.1. I am having a problem from the moment I open Illustrator that the mouse and cursor do not synchronise. The cursor actually selects something completely offset from what I am trying to select. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, as well as just restarting. Nothing is resetting it to work correctly.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. GPU preview glitch

    I encounter this glitch since introduction of GPU preview.
    Only now I managed to narrow down the conditions to replicate it.

    When the Control pane is switched off (Window > Control), and Screen Mode is in Fullscreen Mode with Menu Bar, then when the working area is scrolled down, black horisontal lines appear. As if they are somehow traced by the top edge of the working area. Once I zoom out/in, they disappear. Also switching to CPU preview removes the glitch all together. This appears on both retina and non-retina displays.

    This does not happen when the Control pane is…

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Export to EMF file causes Crash

    When exporting files as EMF, application crashes. I had to install older version of Illustrator to get this function back.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Unable to save Illustrator file as SVG using artboards

    We use Illustrator to draw lots of icons.
    If we place each icon on an artboard and try to save each artboard to a file by selecting Save as > SVG > Use artboards > All, we expect multiple icons to be saved to multiple SVG files.

    We actually get multiple SVG files, but each SVG contains all layer names from the original file and one SVG icon.

    It would be very helpful, if manual cleanup after saving / exporting wasn't necessary.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Calligraphic Brush Rotation Preview Bug

    I have the Wacom Art Pen with the latest drivers installed with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator. When I change the rotation variation for an angle in Photoshop I get a preview of where the angle of my brush is headed, In Illustrator I get the same preview of the brush tip even when rotating it. I know it is working because I can see the paint rotating but the preview of the brush is not. This makes it extremely difficult to know in what angle my brush is going.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Paragraph styles not properly justifying

    I'm using the latest updated version of CC on mac High Sierra 10.13.6

    When I just use the justify option in the paragraph window, the type will justify properly, but when I've tried to create a paragraph style, the type hangs outside of the text box, no matter what I do.

    Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug issue? And if so, any workarounds? I'm working on a file that needs a lot of type, and Illustrator is preferred over InDesign (which I've never had a problem with).

    Thanks.

    3 votes

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)

    We’ll send you updates on this idea

    How important is this to you?

    We're glad you're here

    Please sign in to leave feedback

    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?