Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

146 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We have fixed the bug which was orignally reported but it seems some users are still facing the issue.

We are not able to reproduce this issue in house now ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

2)Please try the below mentioned workaround and let us know if that helps:

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps
    1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: appdata\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings
    2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
    3. Launch Illustrator and check if you can save the document

If you use custom…

2. Save now takes longer in updated 2020 version

When I save, even a blank document, it takes Illustrator a lot longer than the previous version to save.

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

98 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

3. Illustrator 2020 (24.2.1) crashes when saving eps file

Illustrator 2020 (24.2.1) crashes with the following steps.

1. Apply a calligraphic brush to the path

2. Save the document in [Illustrator CS EPS] or older format and close it

3. Open the document from step 2 and save it again

Confirmation environment
    OS: macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
    Illustrator: v24.2.1

Stock illustration services often require Illustrator 10 EPS, so we expect corrections.

Illustrator 2020(24.2.1)が,次の手順でクラッシュします。

1. パスにカリグラフィブラシを適用する
    2. 書類を[Illustrator CS EPS]かそれより古い形式で保存し,閉じる
    3. ステップ2の書類を開き,再び保存する

確認環境
    OS: macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
    Illustrator: v24.2.1

ストックイラストサービスではIllustrator 10 EPSを要求されることが多いため,修正を期待しています。

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Trim Transparent Pixels on PNG Export BROKEN in 24.3

Exporting PNG used to trim out transparent pixels but in Version 24.3 that feature is broken. Exporting PNG results in a file with the dimensions of the object or group INCLUDING transparent pixels.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Placing/opening/importing DXF broken in Illustrator 2021

1. Windows Version 10,Adobe Illustrator V25.0

2. Placing DXF into AI dosuments

3. Used to work fine in previous version

4. No error, just a blank import.
      Since the new version of Illustrator (2021 / v25), the place or open option for
      DXF files no longer works for old format DXF files. Autodesk Fusion 360 exports/ saves DXF file in an very old version. (I assume this is to maintain compatibility with older CNC machines.) The version they export is AC1014. We used to be able to open /place these DXF files into Illustrator 2020, but with the release of Illustrator 2021, these DXF…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. This file has been modified outside illustrator

After updating to Illustrator 24.0, sometimes when saving a file, I get a popup that says 'this file has been modified outside illustrator. do you want to continue?'

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We hope this season ends on a joyful note and continues into a safe and prosperous New Year for you and your family.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2020.

We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.0.2.
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.0.2 (Build 1).

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

7. SVG Tiny 1.2 :: x/y attributes in svg element

It looks like Illustrator believes that x/y are valid attributes for the 'svg' element when exporting as Tiny 1.2. Based on reading the spec, I'm not entirely sure this is true.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Illustrator Exports wrong size (CC 2020 & 2021)

I have noticed this problem on CC2020 as well as 2021 version exporting files the wrong size.. typically off .003 - .007 (inch) - Example a 1x1 in square with a .05 in bleed all sides "export as" with artboards exports as 1.1 x 1.103 in. A 3.5x1.25 in exports as 3.603x1.603in

Attached is a simple sample file.. few different sized artboards

When exporting I've confirmed JPG, PNG, TIF (and perhaps others) all export the wrong size when a bleed is set in document settings.

I've tried various bleed settings and does not seem to change the sizes still are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. illustrator doesn't save file!

illustrator doesn't save file!
    1 - opened the file
    2 - made edits
    3 - saved
    4 - the save indicator showed that the file was saved
    5 - closed the file
    6 - opened the file - changes were not saved !!!!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Save for Web (Legacy) does not clip transparency to visible layers as it did previously

"Save for Web (Legacy)" , previously, when saving to PNG with transparency and NOT clipped to artboard, the transparency would clip to visible layers. Now it clips to existing layers, even when the layers are not visible.
    Details previously posted in an Illustrator forum:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/save-png-with-transparency-clipped-to-visible-art-only/m-p/11469714?page=1#M246253

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Saving always creates a .tmp file, can't see preview of the file and cannot import AI file to After Effects

as title says, my Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) always creates a .tmp file whenever i save. I cant see a preview of the file when viewed on Finder. Lastly, I can't import the files i created using AI 2020 to After Effects - it only shows a blank artboard.

Files are saved with Create PDF compatible File ticked.

I have also tried resetting the Adobe PDF joboption settings.

So right now I have 2 AI's installed just so i can continue working with my files.

macOS High Sierra
    version 10.13.6

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are able to reproduce this issue for one scenario(Double Byte Characters in Folder Name) and investigating it further.

Workaround:
    1)Open preferences→ File Handling & clipboard → Uncheck Background Save and click ok then try to save File.

Please share Video or steps of any other scenario if you are able to reproduce this consistently at sharewithai@adobe.com with UV title with Tag [UserVoice] in subject of Email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

12. "Save as" interrupts background saving resource file without any hints which leads to lose work

While background saving a resource file (e.g. in .ai format) one needs to be very careful to not start "Save as" processes (e.g. PDF) before background saving process has finished otherwise il will be interrupted without any hint. This will lead to lose work in your resource file due to switching file format.
    It would be much better like Photoshop does: background saving with alert when trying to "Save as"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. one of my artboard numbers is repeated itself

hi, i was creating an instagram carrousel when i notest one of the images was missing from my export, so i check to see the problem and i hade the same number on both artboards i dont understand what happened but i took a print

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. DXF import failure - content not visible

MacBook Pro15,1 - Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
    Mac OS Big Sur
    Mac OS Catalina
    Illustrator 2021 v 25.0

When I import a DXF-file into Illustrator 2021 there is no content (lines, dots, splines,...) visible.
    Work with Illustrator 2020 v24.3 very well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save for Displays: SVG export is extremly slow on Windows

I do have a file with around 100 artboards with simple icons that need to be exported to SVG.

This process is extremly slow on Windows on a decent machine. Every SVG takes about 3sec to save. CPU usage shown AI is running only on Core #2. The same file exports in seconds on my 8 years old Mac.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export for screens

I just realised that "Asset Export" doesn't retain the CMYK colour mode. This is a huge problem. All the time I've been exporting the PDF's from my CMYK working colour mode, only to discover that my PDF's have been converted to RGB instead. Why one earth do you do this?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Curse you Adobe!!

If you don't include the ability to export files as CMYK from Asset Export, then make the darn PDF, JPG, and SVG easier to export!!!!!!!!!

Why the heck do you have to make things so **** difficult for your users?! I don't understand you!!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. An unknown error occurred when saving AI file

Since updating to 24.2 on our Macs people are intermittently getting "An unknown error occurred" when trying to save an AI file. We have found in those cases outlining all the fonts will let us save. We are using the latest version of Universal Type Client for our font management.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Background Saving gets canceled without a warning if Save As is entered

If I "Save" a document with Background Saving turned on, and hit "Save As" before the process has been completed, it will stop the current "Save process and not save the file.

The problem that really needs to be fixed is there is No Warning (Message Box) that the Background Saving has been aborted and that document has not been saved.

2019 iMac - Catalina 10.15.7
    This issue can be replicated on Illustrator 2020 & 2021 or 24.3 & 25.0 or whatever we are calling them now.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PNG export always clips to to artboard (not item)

AI 24.1.1
    Windows 10 1909

Scripts we've always used to export PNGs for use in other projects don't work in AI 2020. They still work fine in "Legacy CC" versions (eg 2018 22.1).

When we run the script, all the PNGs come out clipped to the artboard rather than to the item bounds.

There seem to be a lot of bugs with exporting in this release - we don't know if its related to a general issue, or specifically has to do with scripting. Do we need to update the script in line with changes to the Extendscript standards (info?),…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the latest version 24.2.0 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide scripts , Test file(Via File→Package), video & steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
    Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

20. Export error

Illustrator reports error when attempting to export as .png file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base